InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

The Dragonback Wars 4 - Vs. Vc, This game was crazy :D
Morten C
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 12:16 AM

Warboss

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,542

user posted image

Hey all. Time for my 4th battle report biggrin.gif

This time is against the same Vampire player as my first battle repot. His army has changed quite a bit though.

Now, for some reason I've done a crappy job taking the pics, so it might be hard to tell the position of the units from the pics. So i crated a scetch of the battlefield:
user posted image

user posted image
Terrain of notice (has quite an impact on the game!)
1) The right most building is a haunted mansion causin D6 S1 hits to any unit within 6"
2) the center building i a sigmarite warshrine, which cause us to reroll sucessfull armour saves... that sucks!
3) the hill in my deployment zone has a screen slope!

O&G from left to right: wolf riders, arachnarok, rivertroll, BSB on gigantic spider, orcs w spears and warboss, giant, chukkas, wolf riders, boar chariot, blorcs w. level 1 gob shaman, chukkas, SOBU w. great shaman, wolf riders and giant.
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Vampire from left to right: direwolfs, terrorgheist, spirit host, wargheist, black coach, spirit host, ghouls, grave guards m BSB og level 1 vamp lord, giant bats, corpse cart, 4 units of zombies, giant bats and direwolfs.
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Vanguard moves:
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
[

O&G Turn 1
Movement
user posted image
Wolf riders charge dogs.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Magic does nothing.

Shooting
user posted image
The haunted masion kills a zombie.

Close combat
user posted image

Vampires Turn 1
Movement
user posted image
1) Spirit host charges wolf riders, and they stand.
2) Black coach charge rivertroll
3) Grave guard charge wolfriders, who flee.

user posted image
Spirit host makes it.

user posted image
Graveguard and black coach fail their charges.

user posted image
Bats move up

user posted image
The meatwall is shambeling along.

user posted image
Fliers and wolfs shuffle up.

Magic:
user posted image
I dispel anething important only to realize that he has the same bound item that campures my black orcs in a flame cage. I seriously consider scrolling it, but i decide to keep it.Two dies from the spell.

Shooting:
user posted image
Terrorgheist screams at the troll, but it regenerates an insane amount of wounds and only takes a single unsaved wound.

Close combat
user posted image
stalemate

user posted image
ghosts scares the wolf riders off.

O&G Turn 2
Movement
user posted image
I charge the giant, rivetroll and BSB into the terrorgheist. I expect them to kill it and overrun past his battleline.
My other option was to have the bsb charge the spirit hosts, but i completeley forgot that he had a magic weapon for that exact purpose sad.gif

user posted image
On the right flank i make a long charge with my chariot into the level 4 necromancer in the hope to snipe him.

user posted image
Left flank. Wolfs rallies.
I shuffle up very carefully. I have no solution for the spirit hosts or the vampire. I have to reroll my wardsaves beacause of the building, so I'm not happy parying him up with the vampire or graveguard, even though I have a potion of toughness.

user posted image
Right flank.

Shooting I kill one of the bats on the flank with my chukkas.

Close combat:
user posted image
My wolfs beat the dogs.

user posted image
The Chariot fails to assinate the necromancer. They left a nasty wound, but we both knew that that wouldnøt matter very long. The pics ran away afterwards.

user posted image
I fail to kill the damn thing... The stupid giant decides to eadbut the damn thing sad.gif Anything else would have been better.

Vampires Turn 2
Movement
user posted image
1) He fails frenzy with the wargheist and charge along with the dogs.
2) the two spirit hosts charge the arachnarok and I can't think of any way to save it...

user posted image
The black coach and gaveguard charge the stranded critters.

user posted image
He flies the giant bats up to ensure that the dogs and wargheist doesn't overrun and feeds the spider combat res. Dammit!!! biggrin.gif

user posted image
The left flank.

user posted image
Right flank.

Magic and shooting is pretty uneventfull. I let buffs throung in the big combat... I really doesn't expect to have a change there any way.

Close combat:
user posted image
And man... That vampire build is so damn insane... tongue.gif he killed the giant without even breaking a sweat... No way I'm putting my general near that without a ward laugh.gif
Actually this display of force made me realize that I might have to find a way around that unit. rethinking this, it might actually have been a mistake thinking like this! I should have kept my plan of taking that sucker on head on. I have a potion of toughness, S6 6, hit on 3+ with sword of striking. He would have nearly no save... I might have taken him down blink.gif
Any who, I kill the Terror gheist, so some good did come out of it smile.gif

user posted image
1) He only kill 1 wolf. I kill 1 in return, but run. Sadly the bats breaks his pursuit.
2) the ghosts fail to wound the spider and it sticks.

O&G Turn 3
Movement
user posted image
I move up.

user posted image
1) Wolfs rally.
2) I use my wolfs in the midle to make a sneaky maneuver. I think I've found a way outta this mess! biggrin.gif More on that later.

user posted image
To create the room needed.

Magic and shooting
user posted image
Pretty uneventfull.
But the damn haunted house put a wound on my giant sad.gif

Morten C
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 12:17 AM

Warboss

Vampires Turn 3
user posted image
Now this was hilarius. His warghist fail frenzy and have to charge my spider... With a little luck my spider will be outta that spot through the combat res the could feed me biggrin.gif

user posted image
His bats take care of my chukkas.

user posted image

user posted image
His dogs charge my wolfs.

user posted image
And he charge my wolfs. You might wanna notice that he has moved his level 4 to the zombie unit cole to, in order to avoid the incoming right flank.

Magic:
user posted image
The Coack is now at maximum power... Pretty damn scary.

Close combat:
user posted image
only the Vampire get to swing... he's a beast...

user posted image
And i wiff all my attacks :'( The spider gets run down...

user posted image
bats kill chukkas.

user posted image
Same story.

O&G Turn 4
Movement
user posted image
I charge my warboss out of the unit and against his necromancer, while sacrificing my boys to keep his vampire bussy a turn or two.

user posted image
Now this was just terrible... I hadn't reformed my guys properly, so they wouldn't fit in there all of them. Stupid mistake really.
Now at the same time fail animosity on the savages and have to charge. I think that it's probably the best unit to get stuck in any way, so I just only charge with those and the giant, as well as the wolf riders to the flank...
And now I realize my biggest mistake, when my savages fail their charge! I should have declared a charge with my black orcs as well and just taken the failed charge... now all that got stuck in was my giant and the wolf ladz. that wasn't gonna be enough to break through.

user posted image
I reform the chariot in hope to keep the critters away. I also shuffle up black orcs to make sure i get a charge next round.

Magic: I get foot of gork of, doing three wounds on the cart and 1 on the necromancer.

Close combat:
user posted image
I fail to kill him... I have 4 attacks, wounding on hitting and wounding on 2's... and i roll two 1's sad.gif The zombies does a wound in return... I do stick around though, but I really needed to kill that damn caster.

user posted image
The giant goes to town on the zombies killing more than 20. biggrin.gif

Vampires Turn 4
user posted image
So he charge everything into my unit of spear orcs.

user posted image
Spirit hosts charge chariot, but the terrorgheist make the frenzy test and move past them. dammit.

Shooting:
user posted image
The haunted mansion does 3 more wounds to my giant!!!! sad.gif

Close combat:
user posted image
I finally kill the necromancer. and stick around.

user posted image
Finally some luck! Insane luck I might add. Snake eyes on the break test, even though they get slaugtered, and I wound the Vampire because of the tower requiring rerolls of ward. Those ladz did good! wink.gif

user posted image
On the left flank out chaf fight it out. The wolf riders are really good with their 4+ save and attacks from both rider and wolfs.

user posted image
These stick around.

user posted image
The giant yealls and bawls sad.gif Just as I hoped he would break through...

O&G Turn 1
user posted image
1) Savages squabble, so no spells this turn.
2) Blorcks charge zombies.

Shooting:
user posted image
Haunted house does another wound!

Close combat:
user posted image
The giant decides to jump up and down... now that is effective! wink.gif

user posted image
...nearly as effective as black orcs... man those guys went on a killing spree.

user posted image
The chariot gets wounded and flees sad.gif dead chariot.

user posted image
This culdn't end any other way

Vampire Turn 5
First I announce that I drink my potion of toughness - actually feel fairly confident when he tells me he only charge with the chariots.

...until i fail my terror test...
user posted image
I run all the way through two units and only fail 1 test, so I get away with one wound. This was actually one of the better things that could have happened! biggrin.gif

user posted image
Wargheist charge my shaman. - good as dead.

Shooting:
user posted image
The haunted house kills my warboss and my remaining wolf riders :badgobb: I even failed my ward save sad.gif

Close combat:
user posted image
Wargheist overrun into savages flank...

user posted image
My wolf riders finally break from the spirits.

user posted image
The black orcs kill all BUT TWO!!! zombies. Man I fluffed the rolls compared to the first round.

O&G Turn 6
Movement:
user posted image
My giant charge another zombie unit

Magic:
user posted image
I get brainbursta of on the last necromancer.

Shooting:
user posted image
The haunted house kills my giant... It was bound to happen at this point laugh.gif

Close combat
user posted image
Savages kill wargheist (kill the other next round)

The black orcs kill the remaining zombies.

Vampires Turn 6:
Now I failed to take any other pics than after combat. So what happened was:
1) He charged my black orcs with the corpse cart, black coach, wight BSB, Vampire and giant bat in rear.

user posted image
The black orcs stayed and killed both corpse cart and the BSB... Those boys are tough as nails yarr.gif

soo....
VC: 2152

Major win to the Vampires.

It was a really fun game though smile.gif Every time I though that things was finally going my way I was so unlucky... At the same time, I think I had the marginals in all the pointless stuff... my wolf riders were so good against his chaf, but it just didn't matter. In the mean time a failed everything that was important. My spider got lucky by the frenzied wargheist but missed all attacks and was whiped out instead. My warlord got away from everything by failing a terror test, only to be slain by a stupid mansion laugh.gif which also killed my giant (all 6 wounds) and a unit of wolf riders... man that building was mean laugh.gif

So final thoughts:
Look at you opponents deplyment!!! I should have seen the meat shield and bottle neck. Damn nicely played by my opponent though.

Don't hesitate! Casualties aren't that big a deal in a horde army.

Don't put your warboss opposite your opponents vampire!

Don't have bad luck. biggrin.gif

Giants are really hit and miss.

black orcs are awesome. Absolutely a brilliant unit.

Chukkas are damn useless. 4 trolls would have been 10 times better.

I really hope This was interesting.

Thanks for following. Comments most welcome smile.gif
theorox
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 06:47 AM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

Good game, and a good read. smile.gif

Theo
Snikpik
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 06:53 AM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

It stands to reason that that haunted mansion was on the VC side! smile.gif

Do you remember his vamp build?
Morten C
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 12:07 PM

Warboss

Thanks Theo. Glad you like it smile.gif

QUOTE (Snikpik @ Mar 28 2012, 06:53 AM)
It stands to reason that that haunted mansion was on the VC side! smile.gif

Do you remember his vamp build?

Clearly... It did kill a handfull of zombies as well, but those just got back up again all the time wink.gif

The vampire had a build where he had great weapon, but still had ASF. and all successive wounds became new attacks. so easilly killed 8 orcs in a single round of combat... He would have struckled against a T8 warboss though.. I just didn't dare taking the chance... Odds are he would have lived, and I would be killed next round...

EDIT: His Vampire build is like this:
Vampire Lord:
Lv. 1 - lore of Vampires, Red Fury, quickblood, Beguile, Ogre Blade, 4+ ward, the other tricksters shard, HA, shield

This post has been edited by Morten C on Mar 28 2012, 03:43 PM
« Next Oldest | Wot Weez Wrote | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0925 seconds | Archive