InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Extra Crew = Extra Wound?
Psycho
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 11:48 AM

Snotling

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,797

Hi there,
I've asked myself if you add an extra crewmember to a chariot, do you receive an extra wound for it?
It's not clearly for me cause an orc bully on warmachines does give an extra wound, why not an extra crew?

Thx
Joe

P.S.: sorry if it was asked before, couldn't found such a question

This post has been edited by Psycho on Mar 13 2012, 11:48 AM
Groznit Goregut
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 11:56 AM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 2,381

Yes, it is an extra wound! I can't recall where it is in the rules, but it's true.

Why not? Well, when I am shaving points, it's one of the first things to go. I always need just a few more points for that extra shiny thing. I think it only matters with shooting or magic. If something is in combat with it, most likely it's dead. Maybe last another turn? That might be worth it, but I don't really think so. Sure, if a cannon hits, you have a better chance of not dying. Or maybe those skinks only get 3 poison hits. I am just really tight in points in 8th Ed...
theorox
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 12:04 PM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

You are wrong Groznit, it does not give the chariot any benefits except an extra attack. smile.gif

Look at the chariot profile on page 107 of the armybook for example. The chariot's wounds are the wounds you use, not the one wound of each of the crew, and not the crew's combined wounds.

Bottom left of Page 86 in the BRB states: "The wounds, toughness and armour saves of the crew and the beasts are never used."

Theo
Morten C
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 12:09 PM

Warboss

Member No.: 5,542

agreed. only warmachines gain extra wounds from extra crew!
Psycho
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 01:56 PM

Snotling

Member No.: 6,797

Thx for your help.

I thought so but was not sure. For the bully it's mentioned that he gives that extra wound and i thought that chariot crew is used as woundmarker like WM-crew.

Thx
Groznit Goregut
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 02:23 PM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 2,381

Oh.....CHARIOT !!!!!!!!!!

I read it wrong tongue.gif I'm a bit frantic this morning.
Throwdown55
Posted: Mar 27 2012, 01:58 AM

Goblin

Member No.: 6,639

What if you have like a big boss with the chariot. Will it have an extra wound because of the big boss'es wound amount plus the other crew member?
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Mar 27 2012, 03:30 AM

Forest Lurkin' Backstabbin' Night Git

Member No.: 6,578

The Boss will take hits separate from the chariot.
Throwdown55
Posted: Mar 27 2012, 11:22 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 6,639

So how do u decide what is getting hit from the enemy? Can they target either the boss or chariot? How is it decided?
Vil le Môvé
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 06:01 AM

Goblin

Member No.: 4,857

Waaaaagh! everybody !

If you have a boss on a chariot, this one is considered like a "monstrous mount" (?)

So on 1 through 4 on a six sided dice the chariot is hit and, on 5 through 6 it's your boss.
theorox
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 06:51 AM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

No Vil, it's not random. smile.gif Your opponent may choose how to direct his attack, and the Chariot and Boss can be killed separately. For example, if my bigboss on chariot charge into my opponent's orc boyz and they get 12 attacks, my opponent can say "All 12 attacks go on the bigboss" or for example "5 attacks on the bigboss, 7 on the chariot" or however many attacks on each he wants.

This happens before your opponent rolls to hit.

Theo
mickkk666
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 06:56 AM

Flying goblin

Member No.: 6,568

QUOTE (theorox @ Mar 28 2012, 06:51 AM)
No Vil, it's not random. smile.gif Your opponent may choose how to direct his attack, and the Chariot and Boss can be killed separately. For example, if my bigboss on chariot charge into my opponent's orc boyz and they get 12 attacks, my opponent can say "All 12 attacks go on the bigboss" or for example "5 attacks on the bigboss, 7 on the chariot" or however many attacks on each he wants.

This happens before your opponent rolls to hit.

Theo

Exactly. In cc, your opponent can choose your target. If he is shooting you, then it's random.
Vil le Môvé
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 07:23 AM

Goblin

How can I delete this post ? blink.gif

This post has been edited by Vil le Môvé on Mar 28 2012, 07:26 AM
Vil le Môvé
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 07:25 AM

Goblin

QUOTE (Throwdown55 @ Mar 27 2012, 11:22 PM)
So how do u decide what is getting hit from the enemy? Can they target either the boss or chariot? How is it decided?

Waaaagh!

Ooooops !

I was thinking about shooting...

Sorry mates !

But I can't find where is it question of cc in this topic ! tongue.gif

wink.gif
Skawilly
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 01:01 AM

Goblin

Member No.: 6,635

Does the bully add an extra wound to a war machine, only in CC? I mean, not to the characteristics of the machine from shooting right?
« Next Oldest | Rulez Questionz | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1057 seconds | Archive