InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Siege Rules For Ship Combat?, rules from Blood in the Badlands
Groznit Goregut
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 06:04 PM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 2,381

Hi Guys,

They seemed to streamline the Siege combat to make everything like building to building rules in the Blood for the Badlands book. What about doing something like that for ship to ship fighting? You can split it between main deck and poop deck, even. If someone wins the main deck, they can just lock the crew below and own the ship.

If you want to get complicated, you can have rules for fighting in the rigging and on various decks. So, someone may take the deck, but then need to take the rigging and the poop deck.

If you fail, then boarders are repelled and lines cut. It kind of makes things easier this way, which is not bad.
Kera Foehunter
Posted: Mar 16 2012, 01:49 AM

Pirate Queen
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,275

place edit hi guys and kera

Yes i like that !! great idea Mr. Goregut

WarbossKurgan
Posted: Mar 17 2012, 09:04 AM

Swashbuckling Pirate Orc Admin!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 198

We thought about doing this as well. We didn't get very much further than talking...
blush.gif yarr.gif

One of my group has been working on a set of Mordheim-based naval rules. They are nearly ready to share with the world....
yarr.gif ninja.gif yarr.gif ninja.gif
Arrgberg
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 02:22 AM

Orc

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,722

One of my group has been working on a set of Mordheim-based naval rules. They are nearly ready to share with the world....

Really? We'd be hard to woo away from Warhammer Ahoy! but I would love to look at them.

As to siege rules adapted to ships, I thought it was a horrible idea at first, but its been growing on me. I'd love to get the big ships out again for something besides scenery.
Sharkbelly
Posted: May 2 2012, 02:26 AM

Snotling

Member No.: 5,256

That's a very clever idea... ship combat similar to sieges...

1. Pre-combat artillery exchange

2. Assault enemy ships as if they were buildings--limit to 10 infantry types... crews are stubborn...

3. Reinforcements?

That could work.
Groznit Goregut
Posted: May 4 2012, 11:43 AM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 2,381

Thanks! I thought about how they did siege rules. It is just using the building rules and is very simplified. It's something everyone is familiar with. Why not use it for Ship combat? Bigger ships can have multiple decks to fight on. Huge ships can even break the main deck into sections. You might even have rigging to rigging fights! Don't forget the Stand and Shoot reaction as the enemy boards your ship...
Krolog da FaceMangler
Posted: Jun 8 2012, 07:13 PM

There can be only Green!!!

Member No.: 5,683

Noooooooo!!!! now I have to finish more ships so I can do this...... Great idea, this would make taking a ship so much more fun.

This post has been edited by Krolog da FaceMangler on Jun 8 2012, 07:13 PM
« Next Oldest | Seahammer - Pirate Greenskins | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0983 seconds | Archive