InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

New To The Green Side!
GreatGreenGobbo
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 10:33 PM

Snotling

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,768

Hi all! This post is mainly to introduce myself to the forum, and I hope to find lots of helpful advice. I've a fairly respectable Blood Angels army, and have decided to start playing fantasy as well! smile.gif

I should probably mention that I've been collecting and painting Orcs and Goblins for a few years now but have never before had the urge to game with them, and now I think it's time to take my troops to war!

At the moment my army, in no particular order, is as follows:
- Orc Warboss on boar with Great Weapon and Shield
- Orc Big Boss on boar with Shield
- Orc Warboss with 2 hand weapons
- Night Goblin Warboss with Great Weapon
- Night Goblin Shaman
- 2 Orc Boar Chariots
- 10 Black Orcs
- 16 Arrer' Boys
- 20 Forest Goblin Spider Riders
- 15 Orc Big 'Uns with Spears and Shields
- 38 Orc Boys with 2 Hand Weapons
- 40 Night Goblins with Spears and Shields
- 40 Night Goblins with Hand Weapons and Shields
- 20 Night Goblins with Bows
- 6 Night Goblin Fanatics
- 1 Stone Troll
- 1 Giant

I realise this is probably a massive post for a first, but I was hoping on getting some advice as soon as possible so I can order the book and get a game ready by the weekend. Any input is welcome!

Many thanks! smile.gif

Gobbo
Gorks_wundapantz
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 03:59 AM

Da rekroota fer der big boss

Member No.: 5,660

welcome aboard Great Green Gobbo!

git yerself down to da Tactics sektion and haff a read of da 8th handbook. its wot we dont want dem pansies ta reed. all of our sekret strat.. strat... planz.

dont haff too much of a reed tho - dats a liddle too elfy. grab a choppa and start punishin' som stunties!
theorox
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 10:54 AM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

Welcome to Da Warpath! The green side really is the best. smile.gif

Theo
gobbos4life
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 12:13 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 33

Welcome snot

great to have you aboard cool.gif
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
Posted: Mar 3 2012, 07:32 PM

Motm july 2005, the goblin mad mod, WAAAGH!!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 1,643

Hi,

welcome to da-warpath, enjoy your stay here.

Cheers,
G
Gruntfuttock
Posted: Mar 12 2012, 06:45 PM

The Magnificent

Member No.: 6,621

Hello and welcome!!!!

Well You certainly have a decent army there!! What sort of Tactics/ advice were you hoping for???

I would say do not put the Armour of Gork onto a character riding a chariot, as you have to decide between which set of imapct hits you'll use.

You could also think about a unit or three of normal Orc Boyz too, about 25 strong minimum, and you also have enough Fanatics.

A unit of Boar Boyz would also be a good investment to run along side your Chariots.

Oh, and don't forget Mangler squigs!!
Groznit Goregut
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 11:38 AM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 2,381

Welcome aboard! Da Warpath is a great place to pick up tips and tricks. Greenskins are a varied army that have kept my interest for many years. There is always more variety to go with...and then they come out with a new edition!

I do agree with the thoughts of bulking up your Orc units. You can always mix some Arrer Boyz into your Orc unit. You can also check out EntertainMe's blog that converts up some great Orcs from Arrer Boyz! You will probably find that the Arrer Boyz under perform. I have really tried to use them for various things, but they just have never really been a good option.
« Next Oldest | Orc and Goblin Stronghold | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0973 seconds | Archive