InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

Raging Heroes Orc Warmaster
Kees (aka Ghenkadh)
Posted: Feb 19 2012, 09:38 AM

Boss

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,125

Look and behold!
Raging Heroes is working on a orc warmaster, very large but still work in progress:

user posted image

http://www.ragingheroes.com/blogs/news/5689202

have fun!

grtz,

Kees
theorox
Posted: Feb 19 2012, 12:14 PM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

Vomit.gif If you want my opinion.

Theo
BorkBork
Posted: Feb 19 2012, 12:44 PM

also known as Bonapork

Member No.: 1,951

theo, be nice.

acting old and grumpy is my job.

But there is indeed something about this model that does not work.
azhagmorglum
Posted: Feb 19 2012, 01:34 PM

Big Boss

Member No.: 384

Not bad I'd say. I rather like it in fact, maybe the positioning isn't that good. But not to Vomit.gif I think...

What's the size of it by he way? 28 mm? 30 mm?

This post has been edited by azhagmorglum on Feb 19 2012, 01:35 PM
Snikpik
Posted: Feb 19 2012, 05:01 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

I am not enamoured by the head, its not the sculpting quality but just my tastes. The rest is fairly good and Orcy though.
Mugruk
Posted: Feb 19 2012, 05:06 PM

Warboss of da Red Shield Orcs!

Member No.: 2,131

QUOTE (Snikpik @ Feb 19 2012, 01:01 PM)
I am not enamoured by the head, its not the sculpting quality but just my tastes. The rest is fairly good and Orcy though.

I agree. Why am I seeing a 40k Khorne Berzerker helmet when I look at the model? Other than that, looks fine to me...

Mugruk
Da Git
Posted: Feb 19 2012, 05:48 PM

Orc

Member No.: 6,067

Looks promising. A bit too chaosy spikes in the back (over the model's left shoulder). And the angle of the left arm seems a little weird.
Craze_b0i
Posted: Feb 19 2012, 06:46 PM

Warboss

Member No.: 5,714

It may sound picky but I don't like the fact he is left-handed. Given that 99% of citadel orcs are right handed to have the warboss in your unit be the only one that's left-handed would look a bit odd.
Kees (aka Ghenkadh)
Posted: Feb 19 2012, 09:28 PM

Boss

Member No.: 4,125

QUOTE (Craze_b0i @ Feb 19 2012, 07:46 PM)
It may sound picky but I don't like the fact he is left-handed. Given that 99% of citadel orcs are right handed to have the warboss in your unit be the only one that's left-handed would look a bit odd.

Well, I am too!

Hm, maybe not that good an example: I play (mostly) night gobbo's...
Raging Heroes
Posted: Feb 20 2012, 04:06 PM

Snotling

Member No.: 6,753

QUOTE (Craze_b0i @ Feb 19 2012, 06:46 PM)

He's not left-handed, he's da boss! He's ambidextrous, of course!
theorox
Posted: Feb 20 2012, 04:52 PM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

Looking at it again, it's not bad. Obviously well-sculpted, but still not to my taste really. smile.gif

Oh, and hello Raging Heroes. Nice to see companies being active in the community.

Theo
Raging Heroes
Posted: Feb 20 2012, 04:59 PM

Snotling

Member No.: 6,753

QUOTE (theorox @ Feb 20 2012, 04:52 PM)
Looking at it again, it's not bad. Obviously well-sculpted, but still not to my taste really. smile.gif

Oh, and hello Raging Heroes. Nice to see companies being active in the community.

Theo

Thanks Theo!
We do listen to feedback from the community, so if you can get into more specifics of your likes and dislikes, we're listening, but please hurry as we're working on it now.
Thanks in advance!
Goofycabal
Posted: Feb 21 2012, 12:00 AM

Offical Welcome Admin, and Master of Chug an' Lug
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 65

Personally, I'm not fond of the jaw bones on the helmet. That throws the overall feel of the model for me. The fact that he's lefthanded sits fine with me - if anything there's far too many righthanded models floating around anyway. The legs look a little too wide too, but that might just be a sideffect of the angle of the image.

That said, the trophy rack is absolutely ace biggrin.gif And the Warboss's face is screaming out WAAAAGHHH! at the top of it's lungs. Aside from the helmet and the legs, everything else looks fine to me smile.gif
Groznit Goregut
Posted: Feb 21 2012, 03:35 PM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 2,381

I love it! Sure, the face isn't standard GW looking, but I don't care. I actually like the horns on the helmet. We use bones and other bits on other areas of our minis. The trophy rack looks like some older models or the 40k stuff (which I think is good). My custom Warboss has a trophy rack. I don' care that he's left handed, either.

This guy is pretty thick, too. I think of the GW characters and how small they look when compared to this guy. I might want to put him on a rock or something to make him stand above the rest of the unit. Puts the focus on him and also might fit him into a unit with less trouble.

Great job!
« Next Oldest | News, Instructions & Feedback | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0804 seconds | Archive