Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Weight Sugestions For The Orc Warboss On Wyvern
Warbringa
Posted: Feb 18 2012, 10:38 PM

Goblin

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,600

Not Azhag, the othre one. I was wondering if anyone knew any good counter weight methods I could use. The model tends to lean forward somewhat because of the Orc mounted upon its neck.

Any idea what would be good to put on the base wheer I have the room, or even under it to counter that front weight?

This post has been edited by Warbringa on Feb 18 2012, 10:38 PM
Wechselbalg
Posted: Feb 18 2012, 10:42 PM

Orc

Member No.: 6,442

There was that picture with the big stone on the base. I think it was on the "DaWarpath" facebook page but dont know for sure. I have the old one so no problem but IŽd go for the stone or put some weights under the base.
Was on the facebook side. HereŽs the link lord&wyvern
BorkBork
Posted: Feb 18 2012, 10:51 PM

also known as Bonapork

Member No.: 1,951

I dont have the model myself, but altering the position on the base could allready help a lot. Even putting it on there at a slight angle, so that the weight is pointing towards the corner of the base allready helps.

Rocks indeed also help a lot (especially combined with altering the positiong, thus balance of the model).

And dozens of my models simply have a piece of lead glued under their base. (the lead strips they use in roof gutters is the perfect thickness).
theorox
Posted: Feb 19 2012, 08:01 AM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

Finecast. tongue.gif

You could glue sheet metal under the base. Something heavy, anyway. Should balance it out nicely.

Theo
azhagmorglum
Posted: Feb 19 2012, 01:37 PM

Big Boss

Member No.: 384

If you have space under the base, glue some coins at the back of the base, it should work.
Artiee
Posted: Feb 20 2012, 03:07 PM

Orc

Member No.: 5,934

QUOTE (Wechselbalg @ Feb 18 2012, 10:42 PM)
There was that picture with the big stone on the base. I think it was on the "DaWarpath" facebook page but dont know for sure. I have the old one so no problem but IŽd go for the stone or put some weights under the base.
Was on the facebook side. HereŽs the link lord&wyvern

Thats my Warboss. It's finecast so I don't have a weight issue. The "Stone" is blue insulation foam.

For counter, some metal on under the back edge, Or serveral stones on the back side that adds to the base scenery.
EntertainMe
Posted: Feb 24 2012, 01:25 PM

Big Boss

Member No.: 2,893

QUOTE (Artiee @ Feb 20 2012, 05:07 PM)
The "Stone" is blue insulation foam.

Yeah, that should help with weight issues biggrin.gif

But I usually glue (sheet) lead to the underside of the base. Just cut it with some pliers and hammer it back flat (because it warps when cutting).

With this I've positioned models in the most amazing ways.

Lead is slightly toxic BTW so wash your hands before you eat (in fact, that's good advice any time).
maddipper
Posted: Mar 2 2012, 04:10 PM

Snotling

Member No.: 3,047

i had the same problem with mine. i took a fishing lead weight flattened it with a hammer(originally i was going to glue it under the base but couldn't get it to fit) glued it together then glued it to the back of the base & painted it to look like rocks on the base. it doesn't tip over. yarr.gif
Fang'ead Nutya
Posted: Mar 3 2012, 09:58 AM

Snotling

Member No.: 6,439

Have used lead sheeting and metal washers before, they work fine but sometimes you need something bigger. A friend had a chaos dragon that was just way too over balanced and no idea or the skills to fix it as he was already very happy with its base. so just to try something I went to a metal work shop and asked for small pieces of steel cut offs, got them for free, some up to a quarter inch think and built a base around it with match sticks and araldite and then glued it to the bottom of the GW base for him.

This post has been edited by Fang'ead Nutya on Mar 3 2012, 09:59 AM
« Next Oldest | Painting and Hobby | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1972 seconds | Archive