InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

Challenges On Solo Characters, and your in a unit.
Skawilly
Posted: Feb 15 2012, 01:56 PM

Goblin

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,635

If say, a mounted character charges my unit of orcs. My orcs have full command, including a boss.
I decided to declare a challenge with my boss to prevent my other orcs from getting maimed, or for whatever reason. Can his solo character decline?

And if so, what happens if he does decline?

EDIT: TERRIBLE Grammar for the title, its 'and you're in a unit...' How embarrassing.

This post has been edited by Skawilly on Feb 15 2012, 01:57 PM
mickkk666
Posted: Feb 15 2012, 02:34 PM

Flying goblin

Member No.: 6,568

Nope he can't. Is mandatory for him to accept the challenge.
Snikpik
Posted: Feb 15 2012, 02:42 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

Characters dot so much as decline a challenge but let some one els take it for them. As there is no one else to take it for him...
Skawilly
Posted: Feb 16 2012, 01:52 PM

Goblin

Thank you for the responses. I am still a little confused on declaring challenges.

So if I have one unit with a boss and big boss and they charge another unit that also have a boss and big boss than how are challenges declared?

Let me explain my confusion.
Does a specific character declare on another specific character? i.e. I announce that my big boss is declaring on his big boss or do I just announce that I am declaring a challenge (leaving it open ended to which character I am talking about) and then having it open ended to him accepting with any character?

Or do I declare with one of my character that I am wanting to challenge and its open ended for my opponent to accept with any character?

And if the first situation is true, and he declines, can I re open a challenge with my big boss onto his boss?

Xellpher
Posted: Feb 16 2012, 02:37 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 6,074

You announce the challenge. You nominate which of your model is issuing the challenge.
Your opponent then either accepts and nominates which model is accepting or refuses in which case you chose which of their characters is moved to the back.

If you don't issue one, your opponent can then issue one.

Only one challenge can be declared per combat.
Artiee
Posted: Feb 17 2012, 04:08 AM

Orc

Member No.: 5,934

Think of it this way.

Your Boss thinks (or knows) he a bad ass. He walks up and Yell,, "Is ther anyone that man enough to take me on. "

The other side guy steps up and takes it or they coward. If they coward, you get to decide which guy steps back (Only characters are sent back)

The page for your question is pag 102. "Nowhere to Run, No where to Hide"
Skawilly
Posted: Feb 17 2012, 01:38 PM

Goblin

Thnx this is very clear.
Morkmillian
Posted: Feb 18 2012, 02:46 AM

Orc

Member No.: 6,462

QUOTE (Artiee @ Feb 17 2012, 04:08 AM)
Think of it this way.

Your Boss thinks (or knows) he a bad ass. He walks up and Yell,, "Is ther anyone that man enough to take me on. "

haha.
i love how visual this is.
i can just imagine a large orc yelling this.

i then imagine if nobody steps up to it he *advances towards one of his choosing* - who then flees to the back.
theorox
Posted: Feb 18 2012, 06:19 PM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

"Man enough"? Does your boss have no self-respect? ORC ENUFF! laugh.gif

Theo
Cannibalbob
Posted: Feb 19 2012, 06:39 AM

Orc

Member No.: 3,721

QUOTE (theorox @ Feb 18 2012, 06:19 PM)
"Man enough"? Does your boss have no self-respect? ORC ENUFF! laugh.gif

Theo

Green enuff...
« Next Oldest | Rulez Questionz | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0607 seconds | Archive