Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Animosity Testing Near Enemy Unit?
Warbringa
Posted: Feb 11 2012, 12:46 AM

Goblin

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,600

I have to tripple check this perhaps but figured while I get ready to do that I'll throw out this question to whomever can help.

Does your unit/s still have to take an Animosity test if you are within "x" amount of inches of the enemy? If i have a unit of goblins 1 or even 2 inches away from an enemy unit, does it still roll for Animosity?
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Feb 11 2012, 12:51 AM

Forest Lurkin' Backstabbin' Night Git

Member No.: 6,578

Only time you don't have to roll for animosity is if there are less than 5 affected models in the unit or you are already in combat. So yes, you still have to roll.
Warbringa
Posted: Feb 11 2012, 12:54 AM

Goblin

Member No.: 6,600

Ok, thought as much. Thank you.
Throwdown55
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 02:56 AM

Goblin

Member No.: 6,639

ya nothing like building up the ultimate plan for a charge and flanking, and then failing with animosity. There goes da plan! laugh.gif
Cannibalbob
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 03:11 AM

Orc

Member No.: 3,721

QUOTE (Throwdown55 @ Feb 25 2012, 02:56 AM)
ya nothing like building up the ultimate plan for a charge and flanking, and then failing with animosity. There goes da plan! laugh.gif

Such is life with greenskins!
WarbossKurgan
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 11:38 AM

Swashbuckling Pirate Orc Admin!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 198

The 8th edition Orc and Goblins book change the way Animosity works a LOT. Read the rules for what happens in each result very carefully. There are a lot of situations when something more than the headline happens!

1 Get 'Em
This has come up a few times to me late in the game when units are spread out: If there isn't an eligible victim, the unit will Squabble instead. So if there is no unit with 12" that is subject to Animosity and over 5 models they don't hurt their mates, they do something else.

2-5 Squabble
If it is possible the unit must declare a charge, if they can't charge they fight each other. So if your Orc Boyz are within 16 inches of the enemy the worst that can happen is a failed charge. I think Shamans can still cast spells from units that failed a charge(?)

6 We'll Show 'Em
They get a free pivot and a non-march move. If they can declare a charge they must but if they can't they can continue to move as normal.

The chances of Orcs and Goblins sitting round in front of the enemy doing nothing is now relatively low, compared to previous editions.
« Next Oldest | Rulez Questionz | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0522 seconds | Archive