InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

Multiple 500 Pts Builds
Gradolt
Posted: Feb 8 2012, 03:00 PM

Goblin

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,514

Hi everyone,

We are starting a new home campaign where we have 2000 pts to split on the map. We cannot go under 500 pts. So we will be using a lot of 500 pts lists.

Could I have comments on these lists? Thank you!

-----------------------------

Orc Big Boss, Armor of Destiny

20 Orc Big 'Uns, Shield, Standard of Discipline

5 Goblin Wolf Riders

4 Trolls

1 Doom Diver

--------------------------

Savage Orc Big Boss, Armor of Silvered Steel

14 Savage Orc Big 'Uns, AHW, Standard

36 Goblins, LA, Shield, Standard

3 Nasty Skulkers

1 Goblin Wolf Chariot

--------------------------

Night Goblin Big Boss, GW, BSB

Goblin Big Boss, GW, Glittering Scale

29 Night Goblin, HW+S

27 Night Goblin, Spear + Shield

1 Goblin Wolf Chariot

1 Mangler

2 Spear Chukkas
TheAlternate
Posted: Feb 8 2012, 04:44 PM

Orc

Member No.: 5,919

At low points such as 500 Goblin can really shine over others, because we have many cheap options.

spear chukka, doom diver, pump wagon, wolf chariot, mangler, the more of these, the merrier

since the last list has the most of these, im voting list 3 biggrin.gif
Gradolt
Posted: Feb 8 2012, 06:23 PM

Goblin

yeah I think that too...

What do you think about Trolls?

Could I run 4 of them without a BSB? Thats why I choose the standard of Discipline on my Big 'Uns...

I have other list more specialized. One with wolf riders and boar riders to counter artillery (We have a dwarf player and an empire player)
TheAlternate
Posted: Feb 8 2012, 09:25 PM

Orc

Member No.: 5,919

4 Trolls can be pretty devastating, with 6 movement aswell!

ive used 3 trolls with bsb in 500, nobody brings flaming attacks at this point, thats nice..

the wolf riders are an excellent back up choice, and the core unit with general makes it all work.

you could potentially switch the armour of destiny with a night goblin shaman and add a magic phase aswell. but the general will definetly get in combat and if he dies, the trolls go stupido.

amplebob
Posted: Feb 8 2012, 11:35 PM

Boss

Member No.: 5,413

I've been playing a lot of 500pt games recently as part of a slow grow league. One thing that sticks out for me is that none of your lists have any magic. Goblins can do well at this points level without it, but the players who've had no magic defence in this league have not been winning games.

On your first list, i'd swap armour or destiny for an additional choppa, potion of speed and armour of fortune. makes you more killy when you need to be.
Cannibalbob
Posted: Feb 9 2012, 04:52 AM

Orc

Member No.: 3,721

The goblin lists can be really nasty. I have been playing in an escalation league lately and our league started at 500 points. Since the goal was mainly to build & collect the army, and not just to win, I chose to build units that I wanted for bigger games. And I have been planning on reworking my army into a neat display army. This was a great time.

However, my army has ended up curb-stomping people at these low games. At 500 points my list looked like this:

Goblin Lord: armor shining steel + great weapon
Night Goblin big boss: battle standard, light armor, great weapon

Night Goblin regiment
59 goblins with hand-weapon + shield
+ netters
+ standard

Pump wagon x 2

In small games that force is really a bit obscene. There are simply too many goblins for enemy armies to cut through, even when engaged on multiple sides. And at that low level few armies can field a character that can go toe to toe with that goblin lord (who challenges everything he can - cuz being squashed in a challenge by a goblin is just funny).

I chose the army cuz I wanted to model a big huge block of goblins for larger games, and my pump wagons are highly converted display pieces. I did not intend for the list to actually be as strong as it is.
theorox
Posted: Feb 9 2012, 02:40 PM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

I recommend a Pumpwagon with Outrigga and Spiky rolla- but don't let Svarten know I said so! ^^ It plows over entire armies at this pointlevel. Seriously. laugh.gif

Don't think you should go with a BSB unless you are taking a gobbo bigboss/Shaman general, then you can take a Gobbo BSB. Troops are just better in small games! Things like a Doomdiver cleans stuff up pretty good, and a boarchariot should be hard to touch, too. Trolls...oh yes. Even all cav armies can work, and do work. (My cheesewagon, Gobbo Warboss on chariot and boarboyz really shone in our campaign, I had that and some spiderriders IIRC...)

You do want some numbers, but I wouldn't go over unitsize 25, rarely over 20. MMU armies can be devastating. 20 Orc Boyz with AHW and FC is 175p, you can have 4 of those easily, if you want. 25 NG's with shortbows, 2 fanatics and FC is another good unit, 145p and a nasty surprise!

In conclusion, go for a decently fast and hard-hitting army backed up by a few strong infantryblocks. smile.gif

Theo
Snikpik
Posted: Feb 9 2012, 03:01 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

I agree with Cannibal bob, the pumpwagons are simply awesome at low ponts levels. In fact they are generally awesome in my exeperience full stop, for their points at any rate. Grab two for your low points lists and incoprorate the two in your larger ending list.
Gradolt
Posted: Feb 9 2012, 06:53 PM

Goblin

I don't have snotling wagon right now but now I'm thinking of converting a boar chariot into 1. I will buy 2 bases of snotlings, add a ski in front to support the wagon... Or maybe I can find another wheel somewhere...

Is there someone who did a conversion like this? I suppose...
Cannibalbob
Posted: Feb 9 2012, 07:43 PM

Orc

Member No.: 3,721

QUOTE (Gradolt @ Feb 9 2012, 06:53 PM)
I don't have snotling wagon right now but now I'm thinking of converting a boar chariot into 1. I will buy 2 bases of snotlings, add a ski in front to support the wagon... Or maybe I can find another wheel somewhere...

Is there someone who did a conversion like this? I suppose...

You could build a pump wagon out of balsa-wood and stick snotlings all over it. I doubt anyone would care. They are supposed to be very ramshackle. A lot of the best pump wagon models I have seen were just totally bodged together from random bits or other parts.
Gradolt
Posted: Feb 10 2012, 06:08 PM

Goblin

I tried some of these build yesterday,

some are great, like the night goblin, bsb, chariot, spear chukka one.

I also tried the Orc Big Uns with +1 Ld Standard and the Trolls. I was lucky on my stupidity rolls (2 before getting in close combat) but I will change the build to include 2 block of Night Goblins with a goblin general and a NG BSB...

I should check the stats to see what is better, 1 roll of 9 or less or 2 rolls of 8 or less (BSB with the same banner)
Gradolt
Posted: Feb 10 2012, 06:24 PM

Goblin

I just realized that goblin warboss were only 65 pts... ill put a warboss at 8 of Leadership and my bsb smile.gif
« Next Oldest | Army Lists | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0677 seconds | Archive