Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

2,4k O&g, New awesome ETC comps came out, so...
Skarsnik, the lord
Posted: Feb 2 2012, 07:29 PM

Myrrysmies

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,737

Today the new awesome ETC comps came out, so I decided to build a new O&G list! Normally in ETC comped games the biggest problem of O&G army is the max. 40 models/unit restriction. But now the new comps let O&G bypass this restriction, so I can have the lovely units of 100 Night Goblins! biggrin.gif

LORDS

Goblin Warboss
* hand weapon
* Obsidian Lodestone
= 115 points.

Orc Great Shaman
* hand weapon, magic level 4 -upgrade
* Dispel Scroll
= 225 points.

HEROES

Black Orc Big Boss
* lots of choppas, heavy armour, battle standard
* Standard of Disciple
= 130 points.

Goblin Big Boss
* wolf, spear, light armour
* Charmed Shield, Dragonbane Gem
= 61 points.

(6x) Night Goblin Big Boss
* great weapon
= 204 points.

CORE

100* Night Goblins
* spears, musician, netters
= 355 points.

100* Night Goblins
* spears, musician, netters
= 355 points.

5* Wolf Riders
* spears, shields, short bows
= 65 points.

5* Wolf Riders
* spears, shields, short bows
= 65 points.

45* Night Goblins
* short bows, 2 Fanatics, musician
= 195 points.

SPECIAL

2* Wolf Chariots
= 100 points.

2* Wolf Chariots
= 100 points.

2* Wolf Chariots
= 100 points.

RARE

(2x) Rock Lobber
= 170 points.

(2x) Doom Diver
= 160 points.

So, the idea is to stick the Night Goblin hordes into the center and put the Big Bosses in the hordes. The bunker of archers with the key characters go behind the hordes, and the chariots go on the flanks. Finally the fast cavalry go to the extreme flanks and the war machines go behind the army.

The game style is a bit one-sided, one trick pony. The enemy should get stuck in the hordes, and the chariots will hit the flanks and hopefully cause some damage. The fast cavalry will try to take out enemy war machines and cheap units, and the war machines and Foot of Gork will do their own thing.

It's just a fast list I made, I believe the restriction will be nerfed a bit sooner or later but it's just nice to try things out.

- Cheers, Skarsnik.
sandpeople
Posted: Feb 10 2012, 05:31 PM

Snotling

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,231

I had an idea for a similar list, since it would look so cool.

Last few days I have changed my mind about the 100-blocks of gobbos. I kind of like the 50
-strong with nets for the character bunkers and 3 fanatics in each to deal with nasty monsters/elite units trying to charge you. 100 strong forces us to field them wider than 5 and I am a bit concerned about the ammount not being able to keep characters in the second rank. With so few units I am also afraid I will go up against a player who will be able to tie them up with something much cheaper, but more killy.

What about a horde of trolls? It would look cool and could be competative in an environment where the other armies are restricted from fielding such expensive units. Keep a mounted orc big boss or two attached to the unit to keep it in check.
« Next Oldest | Army Lists | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0633 seconds | Archive