InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Happy Halloween! Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Orcs Vs Vampires 2k
Xellpher
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 05:43 PM

Goblin
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,074

First game in a long while. My mate and I were a bit rusty on the rules but we had some fun.

My list.
[LORDS]
Savage Orc Warboss - General; Fencer's Blades; Glittering Scales
Savage Orc Great Shaman - Lvl 4 mage; Lucky Shrunken head

[HEROES]
Black Orc Big Boss - BSB; Enchanted Shield; Talisman of Endurance; Gold Sigil Sword
Night Goblin Shaman - Lvl 2 mage; Dispel scroll
Night Goblin Big Boss - Warriors bane; Charmed Shield

[CORE]
23 Savage Orcs - Dual Choppa; Standard; Musician
38 Night goblins - Netters; Standard; Musician; 1 fanatic
5 Goblin Wolf Riders; Spears

[SPECIAL]
19 Black Orcs - Banner of the Eternal Flame, standard; Musician
12 Squigs; 6 Herders

[RARE]
Doom diver
Rock Lobba
Mangler Squig
Pump Wagon - Spiky Roller
Pump Wagon - Spiky Roller

His list - This is all half remembered. He had only just bought the new book and was limited in his models

[LORDS]
Vlad Von Carstein

[HEROS]
Lv2 Neromancer

[CORE]
25 Skeletons - Spears; Light arm; Shields
30 Ghouls
10 Dire Wolves
10 Dire Wolves

[SPECIAL]
6 Spirit Host
25 Grave Guard

[RARE]
3 Cairn Wraiths
1 Varghulf

DEPLOYMENT

user posted image

My Savages were all deployed together, the BSB in the Black orcs and The NG heros in the NG unit.
His vamp was in the Grave Guard and the Necro in the skeletons.
A special note should be made. My Doom diver and rock lobber missed, failed to wound or misfired every turn. My magic was either countered or I forgot about the effects.

VAMP 1

user posted image

Very little happened. He raised a zombie unit with IF and received a wound in return. His wolves triggered the Fanatic which failed to reach anything.

ORC 1

user posted image

Mangler jumped forward and killed the Varghulf! He spent the rest of the game wandering around in the woods. Most stuff moved forward. The Black Orcs destroyed the Zombies in front of them and surged forward clipping the Dire Wolves.

VAMP 2

user posted image

Cairn Wraiths, Spirit Host and Grave Guard all charged forward. NG failed their terror check and ran away. Zombie unit was raised in front of the Squig Herd.

ORC 2

user posted image

Night Goblins rallied. My Savage Orc warboss killed 1 of the Cairn Wraiths and combat rez destroyed the rest. Black Orcs went mental and through combat and instability killed all the wolves and two of the Spirit Hosts. The Squig herd charged and killed all but one zombie.

VAMP 3

user posted image

Grave Guard charged the Night Goblins who ran off the board. they were able to redirect into the Squig herd. Ghouls charged the Black Orcs. After this combat I think I had lost about 4 BO. The Grave Guard killed half the squigs but they passed their check. More Zombies were raised next to my doom diver.

ORC 3

user posted image

Savage orc charged the Skeletons. The Warboss killed the Necro and the other attacks and combat rez destroyed most of the unit. GG ans Squig battle was a draw after some very bad rolls. BSB killed another Spirit host and combat was about a draw there too. Pump wagon charged the zombies killing them all.

VAMP 4

user posted image

Grave guard broke the squigs who went wild and killed one of the guard. The Skeletons fell apart in combat and both the GG and Savage orcs reformed.

ORC 4

user posted image

We both had to stop playing at this point. The Savages charged the Hosts and killed them. We both enjoyed the game. Minor win to me.

AFTER THOUGHTS

New vamp book looks quite well balanced. One odd thing we noticed was that Cairn Wraiths and Banshees can be bought individually from the heros section.

Pictures were made with Battlechronicler , which seems to be a very good tool for this stuff.

Snikpik
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 08:26 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

Cool stuff thanks.
Lexington
Posted: Mar 2 2012, 02:15 PM

Goblin
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,664

I love reading battle reports! Thank you for posting this.
Morten C
Posted: Mar 2 2012, 06:29 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,542

Great battlereport lad smile.gif

Battlechronicler seams like a fine choice of program to sketch the battle, but it would be even better if there was real pictures from the battle wink.gif Even if the models are unpainted.

Another great program is Universal Battle. It isn't free, if you want all the options though. But it looks even nicer, and allows you to play an online game against a friend smile.gif

I appreciate the effort though. Battle reports are always entertaining to read smile.gif Thanks for sharing.
« Next Oldest | Wot Weez Wrote | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0794 seconds | Archive