InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

Wot Weez Drew - Waaagh Grom!
Craze_b0i
Posted: Jan 21 2012, 01:41 AM

Warboss

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,714

Here is the series of maps I made showing Grom's invasion of The Empire! I tried to be faithful to the fluff as far as possible, but as this is sometimes unspecific I have had to guess at where the specific route or areas of operations may have been. Enjoy!

EDIT: Hmm photobucket seems to have distorted map1 for some reason, tried to re-upload it but no difference. sad.gif edit 2: Ah seem to have fixed it, I think it was the resizing.

Map1: Shows the initial invasion route of Grom. He rampages through the Dwarf-held mountains and is joined by the Red Eye Tribes and also Wolf Tribes from the Darklands. He then devastates Stirland, Talabecland and part of Hochland. He then captures the city of Nuln.

user posted image

Map2: At this point the area referred to as The Great Forest (esssentially Talabecland, Ostermark, Stirland) is already overrun, with the surviving humans trapped inside their walled towns and cities. While Grom rests in Nuln the various goblin tribes spread out to occupy the remaining provinces. Forest Goblins join in as well, striking from Drakwald Forest. However Prince Wilhelm manages to save the Reikland by defeating several individual armies in turn.

user posted image

Map3: Grom's march to the sea, via Middenheim. Having built a fleet he heads toward Marienburg. The pursuing Imperial fleet engages him and is defeated. Violent storms drive the goblin fleet west.

user posted image

This post has been edited by Craze_b0i on Jan 23 2012, 03:00 AM
Snikpik
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 04:34 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

Nice. It may come in useful some time!
Craze_b0i
Posted: Jan 23 2012, 03:11 AM

Warboss

Member No.: 5,714

Thanks. Its my first attempt using GIMP (free image editor) so this is why a bit rough in places. I guess to be entirely accurate I should have added Warboss Snikpik to the map. tongue.gif

I might have a go at Waaagh Gorbad at some point. smile.gif
Squigkikka
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 08:00 PM

Waaagh!

Member No.: 5,573

Haha nice work! It reminds me of the WAAAGH pictures in the armybooks, I always loved that one that ran in circles tongue.gif
Wechselbalg
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 08:48 PM

Orc

Member No.: 6,442

Thanks for the effort, nice to see Path of Grom yarr.gif
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 10:34 PM

Forest Lurkin' Backstabbin' Night Git

Member No.: 6,578

Very cool
« Next Oldest | Wot Weez Wrote | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0761 seconds | Archive