InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Mantic Goblins, (metal, so . . . . ?)
Father Grumpmas
Posted: Jan 17 2012, 07:29 PM

Goblin

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,019

I was poking around the Mantic site and saw that an advance order for Goblin Spearmen is up; have I just missed this or is it new?

No release date I could see on the site (or actual figures) but some of the art work looks promising. Maelstrom Games has them listed as being available 25 February.

http://www.manticgames.com/Shop-Home/Kings...10-Figures.html

user posted image

The mantic goblin sneak is a cracker of a figure and is a example of the original artwork sucessfully making through to the final figures, so I'm hoping the same happens with these guys.
Morten C
Posted: Jan 17 2012, 08:03 PM

Warboss

Member No.: 5,542

Man that looks promising ohmy.gif

Overall I think the mantic greenskins are very superior overall, compared to GW orcs.
Groznit Goregut
Posted: Jan 17 2012, 08:33 PM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 2,381

Metal? Ugh....why? Why make them more expensive when these are specifically the guys you want the cheapest?
Craze_b0i
Posted: Jan 17 2012, 10:22 PM

Warboss

Member No.: 5,714

Agree having them metal rather defies the point. I guess you could get 1 box and mix them in by using spare heads.
Snikpik
Posted: Jan 17 2012, 10:48 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

Probably becasue mantic are aiming their figures at disgruntled GW customers, you know the ones, the ones that now hate all things GW including the push towards all plastic. Yes there really are some that prefer metal. I dont understand it myself but there you have it.
enrgie
Posted: Jan 18 2012, 01:50 AM

Goblin

Member No.: 1,300

Urghhhh why metal? Harder to store, carry around and play.

I have the Orcs and find them nice. I would get the Goblins but they really should be in plastics.
Goofycabal
Posted: Jan 18 2012, 02:45 AM

Offical Welcome Admin, and Master of Chug an' Lug
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 65

Perhaps they're not expecting to sell many?

ninja.gif

Can't say I'm familiar with the Mantic armylists, but do Goblins play that big of a role in their Greenskin army?
Anton
Posted: Jan 18 2012, 06:39 AM

Lucky Git

Member No.: 1,901

Not a fan of Mantic generally but it makes the most sense for them to do stuff that GW has neglected for a long time. Their Zombies are better than GW:s not because they are good, but because GW refuses to update theirs. The same could be said of our Common Goblins. But Mantic's main appeal has always been the price, so I don't think it makes any sense for them to make expensive metal Goblins. I would assume financial reasons.
BorkBork
Posted: Jan 18 2012, 10:10 AM

also known as Bonapork

Member No.: 1,951

i love metal models, so i cant complain. But it sure is a surprise to see metal coming from mantic, as i thought their main strategy was pricing.

Models look quite allright though

Yes there really are some that prefer metal. I dont understand it myself but there you have it.

It's just what seperates the men from the boyz! wink.gif

Groznit Goregut
Posted: Jan 18 2012, 12:45 PM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

I was finally able to check the price on the website. $25 for 10 ?!?!? That's nuts. It's a shame as I think Mantic will do the Gobbo proud. I certainly see them not selling many of them for that price!
Craze_b0i
Posted: Jan 18 2012, 05:53 PM

Warboss

Member No.: 5,714

Yeh I think they have really missed a trick, the GW common-gobbos are not that great atm so even if Mantic did plastic one at the same price as GW it would be a big improvement.
amysrevenge
Posted: Jan 18 2012, 06:53 PM

Fancyman of Cornwood

Member No.: 5,554

I don't care for their orcs (I have 20 boar riders and one greatweapon character), but I like their Dwarves and the goblins look nice. Since I don't have any GW plain goblins yet I would consider Mantic ones, but only if they were a lot cheaper.
gogsmash
Posted: Jan 18 2012, 10:37 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 6,063

I find that mantic's models are pretty ugly. They look like GW stuff gone wrong. But they're cheap, which I'm guessing is the reason why they're still in business.
Groznit Goregut
Posted: Jan 19 2012, 06:28 PM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

I want to use their Orcs with Goblin heads as Hobgoblins for a Chaos Dwarf army. I like everything about the Mantic Orcs, but their heads.

I think Mantic Abyssal Dwarfs are fantastic! I want to get some of those, too. Their regular Dwarfs are good, too. VC isn't bad at all.
PsychosisPC
Posted: Jan 20 2012, 01:15 AM

Goblin

Member No.: 3,908

Least those look better than their Ape-Orcs and look like they will have nicer weapons, but I do dislike metal. About the only thing I like of theirs are their undead.
« Next Oldest | Painting and Hobby | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0828 seconds | Archive