Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Another Finecast Review
masurandi
Posted: Jan 11 2012, 10:01 PM

Snotling

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,365

Thought this one might be worth reading, as it is not a rant by someone who just hates GW but a well-thought out post put up by someone who is just a bit disappointed by what he bought

http://hephsforge.blogspot.com/2011/12/cry...387773051715165
raivenblade
Posted: Jan 13 2012, 11:55 AM

Eligible for brain-transplant

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,228

Funny, I did the same, bought 2 blisters of Crypteks. One of mine came with an extra arm. I wonder if it's his missing one biggrin.gif

Mixed results so far. My Two crypteks pretty much suffered from the same issues as described in the link above. You can fill up the bubbles as best as you can, but if they are on a fragile piece, or right were some fine detail out to be, that doesnt always work.

I also bought the ravenwing master from the dark angels. based on the assemblyguide to pieces were missing, an icon and a holster, neither of which are essential to the model, but still. Also, in the body of the jetbike there is at least a 1 mm difference between the left and right half of the model. Luckely, due to the nature of the model, an my efforts to mask it, it's only noticable if you look at it from the back or front ( the exhausts and the plasme cannon nuzzle that should be circular are anything but). The sword is noticably bent, and so fragile I don't dare to try and correct it.

The last was a necron lord, which in contrast to the rest, was flawless. With no faults present, It was an example of how great Finecast models can be. I felt is was much more detailed that the old metal counterparts.

Like most, I have mixed feeling.

The finecast requires a lot of cleanup. Removing mould lines and flash can be difficult, because the models are also very fragile. Warping is definitely a problem, again because of the fragility. I once had a misshapen bunker from forge world, and was able to correct it using a hairdryer and a vice to get it to the proper shape, but tiny character models can't take such a hard treatment.

On the upside, the models are easy to assemble, have detail that they didn't have before. I'm still hoping that this is still the backlash if GW hurrying this stuff in production.

Also, Liquid Green stuff, yummy!
« Next Oldest | General Off Topic | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0639 seconds | Archive