InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Free For All, How to do?
Skawilly
Posted: Jan 6 2012, 05:08 PM

Goblin

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,635

They seem pretty straight forward, not much will change I imagine except the table divides 3 ways (assuming is a 3 FFA) rather than 2, but whats a good way to manage the winds of magic? Keeping that balanced seems most difficult. They way we are doing it now is both opposing players get the lower of the 2 die rolls vs the other team getting the higher of the 2. Its SLIGHTLY better but its not great.

Anywho....
I could not find a topic on this, but is there anything else I should know? Tips or maybe even an official rule set? I appreciate the help.
Da Git
Posted: Jan 6 2012, 06:18 PM

Orc

Member No.: 6,067

My group has discussed that using the scenario in the BRB that allows 3-5 players is good. All players take their moves in turn, then magic then shooting and close combat. In magic we have thought about testing that every player rolls 2d6 power dice, which they can use as both power and dispel dice, as needed. Dice from items that grant extra dispel dice would only be available for dispel rolls.
Anton
Posted: Jan 6 2012, 10:32 PM

Lucky Git

Member No.: 1,901

I've played the rules in the BRB too. They are good.
Skawilly
Posted: Jan 6 2012, 10:49 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 6,635

Hey, so whats BRB?

EDITED: Also, that system is very cool but it makes the more powerful mages even more scary. they get a magic action every turn? I mean honestly its a good system but magic would likely run the table.

This post has been edited by Skawilly on Jan 6 2012, 10:53 PM
Squigkikka
Posted: Jan 6 2012, 11:40 PM

Waaagh!

Member No.: 5,573

BRB is short for Big Red Rulebook! That is, the main rulebook smile.gif
« Next Oldest | Rulez Questionz | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0647 seconds | Archive