zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

I Did It ! I'm The League Champion !, Thanks to Da-Warpath
Lord_Viper
Posted: Jan 3 2012, 04:35 AM

Warboss in training

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,335

My fellow greenskin generals:

I just wanted to let you know that I managed to WIN the League Tournament in our local community ! The might of the green horde made it's mark and I conquered my final two opponents (in the semi-finals and the grand-final) to get the championship !

I'm running very late tonight, but tomorrow I'll find the time to post a lot of details of the games, the lists, and my final thoughts on the league.

Thanks a lot for your help guys, without your advice, this would not have been possible laugh.gif wub.gif wub.gif laugh.gif

WAAAGH !!!
Snikpik
Posted: Jan 3 2012, 08:30 AM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

Waaagh. yarr.gif yarr.gif yarr.gif yarr.gif

Good one! biggrin.gif

But can you please remind us of the list you finaly decided upon. There will be many here that would like to know what you took...
Lord_Viper
Posted: Jan 4 2012, 03:24 AM

Warboss in training

Thanks Snikpik ! It was a great tournament.

This is the list I played:

[LORDS]
Savage Orc Warboss - General; Fencer's Blades; Glittering Scales
Savage Orc Great Shaman - Lvl 4 mage; Lucky Shrunken head

[HEROES]
Black Orc Big Boss - BSB; Enchanted Shield; Talisman of Preservation
Night Goblin Shaman - Lvl 1 mage; Dispel scroll

[CORE]
27 Savage Big 'Uns - Dual Choppa; Standard; Musician
39 Night goblins - Netters; Standard; Musician; 1 fanatic
5 Goblin Wolf Riders; Spears

[SPECIAL]
20 Black Orcs - Banner of the Eternal Flame; Shields
Orc Boar Chariot; Extra Crew
Wolf Chariot; Extra Wolf
Wolf Chariot

[RARE]
Doom diver
Rock Lobba
Mangler Squig

-- TOTAL COST: 1999 pts ---

Some thoughts after finishing the league:
  • The configuration for my SO general was wonderful ! Fencer's blades + Glittering Scales made my lord one of the most feared characters in the tournament. It plowed through EVERYTHING with 6 St 6 attacks !
  • Shaman + Lucky head == WIN ! I'll never play anything else while 8th edition lasts ! Yeah, call me "beardy" or whatever you like. This is THE BEST combo we have. Period.
  • Wolf riders were a surprise for me. I didn't think they were useful in 8th but redirection and causing general annoyance in your enemy still work in 8th ed.
  • Chariots f*ing rule !
  • The mangler squig is the new "cheese piece" for our army laugh.gif You cannot imagine how many times my opponents cried Cheese.gif when the mangler tore up their entire lines. Priceless !
  • Black orcs are very good now. And the flaming banner seems like a MUST for that unit IMHO.
  • Never leave your house without your Doom Diver. D6 redirect is REALLY powerful !
  • Three blocks of infantry in 2K proved to be the better option. Larger enemy units fell to the Savage Big'uns, and smaller ones (such as cavalry) fell to the Diver. Similar sized units were always held by the NG block, and counter-charged into oblivion !

I really think I'm going to have some "variety issues" in the future. Some options are SO GOOD that I'll have a difficult time trying something new in the 2012 tournament. Still, I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm about to be a father (for the second time) so I might be away for a while, but rest assured that if I find the time to participate in the 2012 league (2.5K / FULLY modifiable lists), I'll be posting my every move in Da-Warpath.

This is the BEST community on the Web ! Thanks again folks
Snikpik
Posted: Jan 4 2012, 09:38 AM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

Cheers for posting that. Sounds like I'm gonna have to convert up a suitable savage Orc warboss just to try that combo. smile.gif
mickkk666
Posted: Jan 4 2012, 11:37 AM

Flying goblin

Member No.: 6,568

Congratz mate!
Squigkikka
Posted: Jan 4 2012, 12:48 PM

Waaagh!

Member No.: 5,573

Nice to hear, but I think what you ought to do in the next game is drop the Savage Orc Big 'Uns and Shrunken Head tongue.gif
Wechselbalg
Posted: Jan 4 2012, 04:44 PM

Orc

Member No.: 6,442

Your Lord sounds really scary with that equipment - no matter if you´re a puny git or a strong Lord you wont hit me better than on 6 Cheese.gif

edit: well 5+

This post has been edited by Wechselbalg on Jan 4 2012, 04:44 PM
Gorks_wundapantz
Posted: Jan 10 2012, 02:50 AM

Da rekroota fer der big boss

Member No.: 5,660

Congrats!

having such a high number of destructive units *had8 to be a good thing.

ps congrats on the new snotling.
BorkBork
Posted: Jan 10 2012, 01:44 PM

also known as Bonapork

Member No.: 1,951

soooo?????

where are the beers?
Groznit Goregut
Posted: Jan 10 2012, 02:14 PM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 2,381

Great to hear!

Wow...your General did that good? I would worry about such a low ward save. I assume you are putting him in with the SOBU. Is it too many points in one unit? Or is it just a hard mini-death star?

Maybe it's a different game at 2000 pts compared to the 2500 I play.

Where do you put the Black Orc BSB? In with the Savages? If so, that seems like a lot of points in one unit! You lose that unit and you lose the game.

I'd love to hear about your games. I'd like to hear more about how your general chewed through stuff. Did anyone try to challenge him? What was his toughest fight?
Morten C
Posted: Jan 10 2012, 06:44 PM

Warboss

Member No.: 5,542

Fantastic stuff! Congrats mate! yarr.gif

It seam like a brilliant list! Units look like they have the optimal size for their purposes.

I don't believe people become winners of tournament, solely on their army list though. So you must have made some very fine maneuvers with that army to win it all! Again, Congrats! smile.gif
Lord_Viper
Posted: Jan 13 2012, 03:34 AM

Warboss in training

Thank you for your replies, I'm being "tortured" at work so I couldn't answer before wub.gif wub.gif I really appreciate them wub.gif wub.gif

I'm going to try and answer/comment on your previous posts:

@All of you guys, regarding the General:
The guy was great ! The combo of the blades with the armor worked really well in my match-ups. Only the damned VC managed to kill my guy by focusing A LOT of attacks on him, that was by far my hardest game in the league. Challenges were issued by the rats and the brets, BOTH challengers were quickly subdued by the mighty green warboss ! The WoC army I faced in the finals had Tzeentch Mage Generals so they were not a problem, but *maybe* a tooled up Chaos guy would have kicked my ass laugh.gif Hmmm... that dreaded combo of pope-mobile + Archlector + VH Speculum could also have caused some trouble

@Morten C:
Thank you for your words Sire ! Yeah, it was a GREAT army list (albeit a bit risky... see below smile.gif) and I got really comfortable with it. I had all kinds of match-ups: some were easy (2 HE and Skaven), some were very difficult (VC and Brets). I love our army book as it is SO full of viable options, and I love that our army is now at least competitive.

@BorkBork:
If you ever come to Ecuador, I'll buy you a paint, for sure ! Even though our stupid dumba$$ president is making our country the laughingstock of the international community, Ecuador is actually a beautiful place to visit, and *most* people are very nice. Should any one of you guys ever come here, you can drop me a message and I'll show you around.

@Groznit:
Well, you got it right IT WAS a HUGE point-sink that unit. You could call it a deathstar as it was really deadly LOL. Nearly HALF my army cost was there so it really came down to charge the enemy and break them on ONE turn. The hardest match-up was against the vampire counts: I almost lose the unit there. In fact, only a couple of guys survived the encounter with the dreaded super-ghouls

@Gorks_wundapantz:
Thank you for your good-wishes. I'll be sure to teach my new heir the hobby. In fact, I'll be EAGERLY awaiting him to grow up and play with me and his big sister (of course she'll be learning to play too !)

@Squigkikka:
LOL, I will most definitely NOT drop the SOBU for the 2012 league tournament (which, by the way, starts in February)

As I'm going to be a bit "away" during my first months of dual-parenting (laugh.gif) a friend of mine in our community is organizing the new 2012 league tournament, which I plan to play AND to defend my crown of course. The tournament is going to be REALLY open as a lot of new guys are coming into our community and want to play without restrictions.

For me, that means it'll be a GREAT opportunity to try some stuff that I never get to play (for example: my wyvern lord!), and also means I can have MORE insightful advice from you guys, every time I play !

Thanks again for all the good vibes guys. You are the best !

WAAAGH!!!
« Next Oldest | Wot Weez Wrote | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1068 seconds | Archive