Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (16) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Excersie Blog, Come and join in - get fit!
Da Git
Posted: Jan 2 2012, 11:05 PM

Orc

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,067

I'm in!

As Kurgan I'm a Taekwon-Do black belt, but since I got said belt I have gained too many kilos. As it is most of my martial arts time is taken up by instructing kids and youths, so for much of my "physical acitivity" time I'm not really that active.

Since I just got back from the Holidays I already thought about signing up on the local gym tomorrow. I'll do running and rowing, and possibly some weights (though my shoulders aren't too happy about them). If I manage to push myself to it I can sign up for boxing class, and possilby yoga as well. I've done yoga a few times before, but that was somewhat because of a girl. rolleyes.gif

About BMI: When I got my black belt I was in pretty good shape. My BMI told me that I was overweight (not much, but still)...
Goofycabal
Posted: Jan 3 2012, 08:20 AM

Offical Welcome Admin, and Master of Chug an' Lug
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 65

Sounds like a plan then.

I'll update the first post of this thread then, to make it all-inclusive for those who want to join in and keep track of their fitness as a group biggrin.gif

If you want to go into such details, make a post now to mention your current shape (ie weight, body measurements [if you want to go into this level of detail - ie things like waistline, arm size etc]), plus any desired goal (again: measurements, weight etc). I'll add your name and a link to that post in the first post here so it'll be easy to refer back to.

Where you feel the need, make sure to keep us all updated on your current situation from time to time too, so we can see that we're all getting fitter biggrin.gif
Da Git
Posted: Jan 3 2012, 03:58 PM

Orc

Member No.: 6,067

At the moment I am probably between 95 and 100 kilos (I don't have means to be more exact at the moment). I want to be between 80 and 85, since my bad knee can't handle my current weight.
BorkBork
Posted: Jan 3 2012, 08:59 PM

also known as Bonapork

Member No.: 1,951

i dont dare to stand on the scales to be honest so close after christmas and newyears.

But for a medical check up in november (with some surpricingly decent results btw) i was 117 kg. blush.gif

at 1.84m blush.gif

I should really be getting back to around 100. The last time i was top fit i was between 90-95 kgs (roughly 9 years ago).

This post has been edited by BorkBork on Jan 3 2012, 09:00 PM
Goomb
Posted: Jan 4 2012, 06:26 PM

Generally Fluffy
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 1,967

Ha ha ha! All of us gamers and hobbyists probably need to lose some weight and get fit for the coming year. Not all of us can be slim and trim like Draig or Veegeegee.....

I am "in" for this Goofs. Those of you who have friended me on FB have seen me rumble about vision and goals over the past couple days. My ultimate goal is to take 80 pounds off this year, so I am starting to move it. I got some new running shoes on Monday, and workouts have begun.

I am pushing to be up by 5:15 AM and hitting the gym for either weight training or cardio six days a week. Although we were exhausted, my wife and I hit the gym yesterday for cardio, and I did weight training (abs and legs) today. I also started Weight Watcher weekly meetings and online tools last night, so I am deadly serious about taking this off and keeping it off.

Goomb
Goofycabal
Posted: Jan 5 2012, 12:08 AM

Offical Welcome Admin, and Master of Chug an' Lug
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 65

QUOTE (Goomb @ Jan 5 2012, 07:26 AM)
Ha ha ha! All of us gamers and hobbyists probably need to lose some weight and get fit for the coming year. Not all of us can be slim and trim like Draig or Veegeegee.....

That's quite true indeed happy.gif

Especially since a lot of us tend to sit around in front of computers for a large chunk of time too tongue.gif

Anyways, I've updated the first post with details for yourself, Borkbork and Da Git smile.gif
raivenblade
Posted: Jan 5 2012, 09:43 AM

Eligible for brain-transplant

Member No.: 3,228

this morning I did 3 deep breaths and a push-up, can you believe it?
Snikpik
Posted: Jan 5 2012, 11:33 AM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

lol. Push ups can be difficult if you dont have much core strength or havent been through army boot camp.
BorkBork
Posted: Jan 5 2012, 12:55 PM

also known as Bonapork

Member No.: 1,951

Or used to have a former Marine as Hockey trainer smile.gif

Dispite my weight i still manage allright in the push-up department (and no! am not talking about a bra).

@Goofy....I will donate every kilo i lose to you! 65 kg??? You need to start eating more burgers!

This post has been edited by BorkBork on Jan 5 2012, 01:17 PM
Borzag
Posted: Jan 5 2012, 02:56 PM

Goblin Braaaaains.....
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 25

Okay, minor fail on my part; wasn't feeling great so no measurements from me just yet.

HOWEVER! I did set myself some goals for the coming year at NYE, and made sure they were measurable:
  • Drop to 75kg
  • 15 x continuous 60% body weight chest presses (current: 3)
  • 5 x full chin-ups (current: 0)

I had a PT session tonight, and he's agreed that all of the above are doable, although the chin-ups will require the whole damn year as it's not easy. Anyway, my diet's been adjusted and I'll do a formal weigh-in next thursday night if not before. Actual measurements can wait until tomorrow night or satrday.
Mostyn
Posted: Jan 5 2012, 08:07 PM

Da open minded git

Member No.: 4,159

Thereís nothing like a bit of New Year fitness optimism so if you donít mind Iíll join in too Goofy.

Iím not too worried about weight per se, although Iíve put on a couple of kilos over Christmas, but itíll certainly be interesting to see if any measurements change as I get into the regime.

Aims are (following Borzagís output focussed targets)

Run 10 miles in 1 hour 10mins. (Iíve signed up for the Great South Run in October so Iím going to use that as the measure)
Achieve sub 17:40 for 5000m on the rowing machine . (Just wheezed my way to 18:40 in a first post Christmas row so a bit of a way to go). Aim is again to get down to this sort of time by October.

Iíve got a full fitness assessment next week so Iíll be in a position to bore you all with such irrelevant factoids as Dry Lean Weight, but until then:

Current Stats are Weight 96kg (Ouch Ė 15st and a bit, it definitely sounds more in old money), Height 192 cm (About 6' 3"), Waist 34Ē. Which now depressingly puts me in the Ďbadí category for BMI. As I said, I donít care too much about the weight but I imagine to achieve the running time Iíll probably need to shed about 5Kg. Which Iím optimistically assuming will just happen as I trainÖ..

I think Iíve just depressed myself writing this, but best of luck to everyone.
Snikpik
Posted: Jan 5 2012, 08:43 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

Sadly me and my partner both work 12 hour shifts and have to work opposite other. As we have kids I am not getting enough sessions in every week. I might opt to join the new gym in town that is 24 hours. The draw backs are no staff to guide and monitor me nor a swimming pool. I dont even know if they have showers to be honest but it looks massive (for a gym in the UK atleast).
Mostyn
Posted: Jan 6 2012, 08:19 AM

Da open minded git

Member No.: 4,159

Snikpik, I feel your pain. I love my children to bits but they are singlehandedly destroying my health and sanity! I've lost track of the times I've done exercise, DIY or hobby stuff either ridiculously late or at stupidly early times of the day, normally exhausted from a day of being used as a human punchbag (both at work and at home laugh.gif ).

There's a great Historical Wargames Blog called 'Painting After Dark' which I think aptly describes the affect families and work have on us all.
Kera Foehunter
Posted: Jan 6 2012, 10:32 AM

Pirate Queen
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,275

Yea i think i gain a pound or two over the holidays
I'm up to 117 pounds
but once i get back to my proper eating habits.. i should lose throw few odd pounds
theorox
Posted: Jan 6 2012, 01:35 PM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

A random weight converter on the internet says I weigh about 106 pounds. laugh.gif That's pitiful for a 16-year old who's over 180cm tall...(Maybe Kera is right...maybe I am shorter than her!! ohmy.gif)

Theo

This post has been edited by theorox on Jan 6 2012, 01:38 PM
« Next Oldest | General Off Topic | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (16) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0814 seconds | Archive