InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 8th Conversion Competition: Rank and File Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (16) « First ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Excersie Blog, Come and join in - get fit!
Borzag
Posted: Feb 23 2012, 12:41 PM

Goblin Braaaaains.....
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 25

Da Git, sent you an invite. Welcome aboard buddy smile.gif

Funny, I could have sworn OldManKurgan was WTF. I mean I've seen pics of him on FB; you take one look at him and think WTF. Ah well, glad to be proved wrong smile.gif

Anyway been lazy about posting my workouts, but in general they've been a couple of gym sessions and some walks. Nothing major, but I've enjoyed it smile.gif actually might go for a walk now; the sky's clear so I can probably get my GPS going. After hanging up laundry though.
Da Git
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 04:21 PM

Orc

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,067

Borzag: Thanks for the invite. I've been out of town a few days, but joined now.
I think you were somewhat right about Kurgan. Every time I see his models or other works of art I think "WTF!"

Morkmillian: I'm 1st Dan, working towards 2nd. In September I've been doing this for 10 years, but I've had a couple of set backs due to ACL damages.

edit: ... and I'm currently in the northern parts of Norway.

This post has been edited by Da Git on Feb 25 2012, 04:22 PM
Morkmillian
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 06:54 AM

Orc

Member No.: 6,462

nice - look forward to hearing about it when you go for your 2nd smile.gif
like i said its really nice to meet other peopel into a martial arts AND wargaming.
doenst seem like a likely pair in my head tongue.gif
Da Git
Posted: Feb 29 2012, 07:08 PM

Orc

I got a good workout yesterday. My legs are back to not used to running, though, so I really should get a couple more runs in per week.

The fitocracy thing is fun. You see a little bit of exercise in everything. Today I bought a book shelf and carried it home (flat packed). tongue.gif

Who here doesn't think levelling up is fun? Join us. smile.gif
Beithir Seun
Posted: Feb 29 2012, 11:03 PM

Orc

Member No.: 5,307

Getting into this exercise lark a bit more now (now that the weather is warming up slightly and I don't get frostbite trying to run wink.gif)

I've even gone as far as to get the bike out of the garage, and have started cycling to work every day. That should strengthen the ol' leg muscles with all the hills there are...

Anyway, I'll get on with joining the Fitocracy group tomorrow (once I work out how to sign up for the damn thing...)
raivenblade
Posted: Mar 1 2012, 08:53 AM

Eligible for brain-transplant

Member No.: 3,228

Remember, Yoga kan be a challenge too

user posted image
Borzag
Posted: Mar 2 2012, 12:05 PM

Goblin Braaaaains.....
Group Icon

QUOTE (Beithir Seun @ Mar 1 2012, 10:03 AM)
Getting into this exercise lark a bit more now (now that the weather is warming up slightly and I don't get frostbite trying to run wink.gif)

I've even gone as far as to get the bike out of the garage, and have started cycling to work every day. That should strengthen the ol' leg muscles with all the hills there are...

Anyway, I'll get on with joining the Fitocracy group tomorrow (once I work out how to sign up for the damn thing...)

Hey my green peeps, just thought I'd let yez all know that Beithir Seun has joined up the Fitocracy group. Go, Team Warpath, go! biggrin.gif

WBK, we're all just waiting on you now buddy tongue.gif

... And anyone else keen smile.gif

Anyhoo, this week for me wasn't great; had to cancel my PT sesh on monday due to lazy Germans (ie I had to stay back until close to 7pm so I could call Germany to ask why they hadn't done my tech evaluations), Tuesday I had to take an all-day flight over to Coff's Harbour, Wednesday I got my PT on (see my last Fitocracy entry), Thursday I did some shopping and I went to a rugby game tonight. Should do an arm/chest set tomorrow, maybe my back on Sunday morning as well.

Need to squeeze some cardio in there too to offset Tuesday, but will see how I go.
Kera Foehunter
Posted: Mar 4 2012, 04:37 PM

Pirate Queen
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,275

This is what make yoga hard to do
he call himself an instructor..
** Kera Giggles**
user posted image

I though this would help ya guys keep up your training

This post has been edited by Kera Foehunter on Mar 4 2012, 04:40 PM
Goofycabal
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 12:42 AM

Offical Welcome Admin, and Master of Chug an' Lug
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 65

Hmmm... Not sure if I'm all that keen on signing up for yoga classes now - especially if I'm going to end up with an instructor like that... unsure.gif

Haven't had a chance to do any exercise myself this weekend, due to my sister coming for for a visit biggrin.gif
Snikpik
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 09:20 AM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

Awesome, I may ditc the job and retrain as a yoga instructor!
Borzag
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 03:12 PM

Goblin Braaaaains.....
Group Icon

Funnily enough I've been eyeing off the timetable for yoga classes at my local gym; one of my (male) mates does it, and it's supposed to be great for muscle tone & abs (both of which I could use some of). Seems like it'd be easiest for me to do one of the hot yoga sessions (basically the room is heated to 30 deg Celsius, which is 86 deg Fahrenheit for Americans and other weird people, in order to allow for deeper stretches and a mild detox).

Should be interesting smile.gif

Anyhoo, did a leg sesh and then did a walk today. Good to be getting my fit back on biggrin.gif
Borzag
Posted: Mar 11 2012, 09:30 AM

Goblin Braaaaains.....
Group Icon

Aaaaand we're back biggrin.gif

I did some yoga today happy.gif http://www.fitocracy.com/view_workout/5209014/

This week was a bt of an odd duck; 2 leg sessions with the PT (one of which had some arms) and I did a lot of arms/chest on my own, finished with a 90 min Hot Yoga session today. Since I only have 1 PT sesh this coming week, I'll hit my back & shoulders on my own in the next 2 nights.
Da Git
Posted: Mar 11 2012, 10:00 PM

Orc

Been lazy again... But yesterday I decided to challenge myself.

I decided to do one push-up for every number for every hour of the 24 hour clock. That is 1 for 01.00. 2 for 02.00 and so on.

I started about 13.30, and thus I had to do everything up to 13 relatively quick. I did 1-6 in one go (21), 7 and 8 in the next after a few minutes, then 9 and 10. After that I did 11, 12 and 13 as seperate sets. I finished the first part with 14, as it was about that time.

Then I waited until the clock was 15, and did 15. I kept up until 17. Then my muscles had started to stiffen, and I almost collapsed onto my nose.

I did finish though, but I had to change to sit-ups or crunches for the rest. In total I did 153 push-ups, and the same with sit-ups. biggrin.gif

I'll try to continue challenging myself like this. It's fun, even though I did not make my original goal. (I will do, some day).
Kera Foehunter
Posted: Mar 16 2012, 01:18 AM

Pirate Queen
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,275

Started back to Yoga this last tuesday * ouch*

Throw i have different instructor than the one i posted.
tongue.gif tongue.gif
Goofycabal
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 09:10 AM

Offical Welcome Admin, and Master of Chug an' Lug
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 65

QUOTE (Da Git @ Mar 12 2012, 11:00 AM)
In total I did 153 push-ups, and the same with sit-ups. biggrin.gif

Geez, I don't think I could even do a dozen push ups maybe...? Can almost barely do 30 situps >_<

QUOTE (Kera Foehunter)
i have different instructor than the one i posted.

When I saw the word "ouch" there, for a moment I was concerned that you *did* have the same instructor! ninja.gif

How's everyone else going? I'm planning on taking some new measurements at the end of this month, just to see how much progress I've made so far!
« Next Oldest | General Off Topic | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (16) « First ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1008 seconds | Archive