InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Character Models
Skawilly
Posted: Dec 27 2011, 10:55 PM

Goblin

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,635

I hear a lot of talk round' these parts about having different models for boss/big boss/war boss. Are there differences I should be aware of? I usually just use the same big motha models for either of the three. What I mean to say for example is that I have only one unit of 12 black orcs. It has full command. I sometimes use the "Boss model" as grimgore and sometimes as just a boss. Is this common practice, is it generally illegal or is there something I am missing?

Thnx in advance.
Wechselbalg
Posted: Dec 27 2011, 11:05 PM

Orc

Member No.: 6,442

Nothing illegal with that practice biggrin.gif
Not common IŽd say at least not in my area but who cares if everyone knows about?
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Dec 27 2011, 11:10 PM

Forest Lurkin' Backstabbin' Night Git

Member No.: 6,578

As long as it is clear to your opponent what the model is you shouldn't have a problem.
Skawilly
Posted: Dec 27 2011, 11:11 PM

Goblin

I really like spider riders a lot, I dont know why but I use them in numbers, more than I should I am sure. However, I have not yet seen a "Gobspit" model or a named character for a gigantic spider, I actually scratch built mine. I suppose I am more surprised that its not common.

Stiil, if any has pictures of those characters I would appreciate a preview.

On a side note, were there ever stats for "Borgut Facebeater"? I have seen him round' on ebay. I might pick him up just because he is a ghost character, ya know... for novelty reasons.
Piccolo
Posted: Dec 28 2011, 12:00 AM

Orc

Member No.: 5,534

QUOTE (Skawilly @ Dec 27 2011, 11:11 PM)
On a side note, were there ever stats for "Borgut Facebeater"? I have seen him round' on ebay. I might pick him up just because he is a ghost character, ya know... for novelty reasons.

Stats for Borgut were in the Storm of Chaos campaign book. That was 6th edition if I remember correctly.
Skawilly
Posted: Dec 29 2011, 07:57 PM

Goblin

Another couple questions on characters.

A: If I have a goblin block of 6x6 and I have my full command there and 3 goblin spearers in the front. The first round of combat I am engaged with some Highelf spearers. Ok so I reveal 3 nasty skulkers but the HE's ASF. Can I position my skulkers in back on their hits to tear through my goblins first then use the make way rule for the skulkers?

B: When my opponent declares a challenge, does he specify which of his characters against which of mine? Or does he just say I am declaring a challenge and I can choose any character to accept or decline? Assuming the latter is not true, if we both have multiple characters can we declare multiple challenges?
Lexington
Posted: Jan 2 2012, 12:41 AM

Goblin

Member No.: 6,664

Only one challenge at a time.
Challenger nominates what character is challenging.
If you accept, you choose who steps up.
If you decline, he chooses who steps back.
A unit champion does not have to accept a challenge and so does not get sent to the back.

Good people! Can't we all stop trying to manipulate the poor little skulkers and just play them like they were meant to be played?
Skawilly
Posted: Jan 3 2012, 08:31 PM

Goblin

I am guessing that is a no on the skulkers, which is fine.

I came into an odd situation with Cassandra's Comet (I think thats what its called) Any who, Grimgor had but one standard black orc remaining. the 2d6 roll for hits was 10. How do we allocate those?

Also, it was not a template. So, assuming there were 4 other models, I am assuming the "Look out, sir!" rule would not have applied?
theorox
Posted: Jan 3 2012, 10:08 PM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

For Look out Sir! rolls you need 5 rank and file models (characters and champions don't count), and the hits would be allocated so that you (the owning player) puts one hit on every model as far as it is possible, so if there were 10 hits on 2 models they would end up taking 5 each. You can't have 2 wounds allocated onto a model until all other models have 1 wound allocated to them. smile.gif

Pretty sure that's how it works.

Theo
Wechselbalg
Posted: Jan 4 2012, 12:59 AM

Orc

Member No.: 6,442

Unit champions count for "LoS", just not characters.
Squigkikka
Posted: Jan 4 2012, 10:32 AM

Waaagh!

Member No.: 5,573

As for the Skulkers, Make Way happens before any combat, so no.
Skawilly
Posted: Jan 4 2012, 11:56 PM

Goblin

If I have a character that causes fear in a unit, and they are charged by something that causes terror, am I assuming correctly that the Unit rolls for terror and if they fail even the fear causer runs with them? Or maybe some elaboration. Thank you guys again.
Skawilly
Posted: Jan 13 2012, 12:51 AM

Goblin

I just read that you can allocate hits to characters with your rank/file units? Outside of a challenge I did not see this possible. Can anyone elaborate on this? What I mean to ask, is there anything I should know that may not be obvious?

EDIT: Nasty skulkers are looking better and better...

This post has been edited by Skawilly on Jan 13 2012, 12:59 AM
Artiee
Posted: Jan 13 2012, 12:57 PM

Orc

Member No.: 5,934

Page 48, Dividing attacks.
Skawilly
Posted: Jan 13 2012, 03:48 PM

Goblin

Sorry for all the noob questions, I am still reading, there is a lot to go through. Thnx as always.

But...

Concerning Assassins (Nasty Skulkers and such) when they are revealed they are treated as joining. It says in the BRB that they move rank/file to back but if no room some charecters and command maybe moved.

My question is, can skulkers move other charecters over (leaving them in the front rank if there is room of course). This would position them possibly for the killing blow on other characters.
« Next Oldest | Rulez Questionz | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0995 seconds | Archive