Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

New Years Resolution Thread 2012
Snikpik
Posted: Dec 27 2011, 10:10 AM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

New Years Resolution Thread 2012

Thanks goes to Skartooth The Third for having run the new years resolution threads the last two years however it is about time we had one for 2012! smile.gif So let us know what hobby related resolutions you will be making for 2012 and at the end of the year we shall see who is Orc or Goblin (or Snotling) enough to fullfill them.

There are no rules, but my advice is to think of realistic goals or else you may risk loosing motivation.

* There is no time limit to post your resolution or to join in the fun; we dont want to stifle any creative hobby enthusiasm.

Please post your resolution on this thread and I will up date this first post with the list.

Feel free to keep us posted here or in your army blog so we know how you are getting a long.

Good luck.

Participants:

Snikpik - convert up a Wyvern with selection of shaman and boss riders. Convert a mounted boss and an Orc Shaman. Add 3 more converted Trolls to my trio. And of course, get more games in.
Gaz - Finish painting da red Waaagh and also finsh Dwarf army. Vomit.gif
Arfa - Enter first Golden Daemon entry wub.gif Build, convert & paint my new army for this years tournament scene. And get more commission work! yarr.gif
Craze Boi - Decapitate my warboss angry.gif and stick on a new head biggrin.gif Finish painting my last few OnG units plus any new stuff I buy.
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull - Black orc big boss, 25 Black orcs with full command, Orc big boss with additional choppa, 25 Orc boyz with additional choppa, fc, Savage big boss, 40 Savage big'uns, fc, additional choppa.
swampy - paint 90 Squigs huh.gif wacko.gif laugh.gif and get Gobbo's for em.
Noisy Assassin - handful of conversions to make a fully painted 2.5K all-gobbo army! wub.gif
Anton - Paint 200 Orcs and Goblins and some Ogres! huh.gif
Morkmillian - paint 2000 points of O&G including Gorbad, Grom, an Arachnok and finish rebasing the rest of my army thats currently painted.
Groznit Goregut - Warhammer Fortress that has been neglected for a few years, My siege tower and siege attacker set, Chapel, Fences set I bought when they first came out, Giant Spider with Goblin Boss on it.
theorox - Convert my unit of 50 Big'Uns yarr.gif
Xellpher - Get and paint 40 strong squig unit. Get and paint 40 strong savage unit. Finish giant. Assemble and paint Azhag.
lambobolt - paint 1000 points of core stuff (for greenskins, vampires, and warriors of chaos so i can finish atleast one army....) finish tourney comp for greenskins and either vampires or warriors (warriors will be easy once I finish the core stuff from the first one above) finish display board for greenskins, participate in 4 rogue tourneys (as either player or organizer) attend 2 GTs this year. yarr.gif
stashman - A Big Gribbly Spider, 40 Savage Orcs, (40 Black Orcs, althou I have 62 painted) And I really wan't to start a VC army Vomit.gif
Kera Foehunter wub.gif - Trolls !! lots of trolls yarr.gif
Kaptain BlackSquig - Convert and Paint 40 Boarboys (20 of each Pig and Savage Pig), Convert and Paint BroadPaunch 'Ardgit (Warboss on Boar), Convert and Paint 100 Common Goblins, Convert and Paint 40 Wolfriders.
Da Git - Spend less money on Warhammer than I did this year. Finish painting my Giant, my Forest Dragon and my Arachnarok. Paint the base colours on all my unpainted Wood Elf models. Finish building and painting my 45 squig-unit. Finish painting the last few night goblins I have lying around.
Mostyn - Paint 40 figures for my Goblin army. Paint at least 60 figures in total next year. Paint twice as many figures as I buy in the year.

This post has been edited by Snikpik on Dec 31 2011, 04:12 PM
Gaz
Posted: Dec 27 2011, 10:30 AM

Goblin

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,856

Finish painting my Dawi (STUNTIEZ)

Finish painting Da Red WAAAGH!!!

Both are 3K points.

Ideally I'll have my Dwarves done by the end of Janurary.
Arfa
Posted: Dec 27 2011, 10:31 AM

Da Warpath's resident mad scientist of conversions
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 2,092

Enter my first Golden Demon entry. Build, convert & paint my new army for this years tournament scene (tossing up between a cult of Ulric army using the WoC book or a hard as nails steam-punk-esque mixed greenskin list) and get some more commission work doing what I love doing: converting the smeg out of things!

Arfa da Grate
Craze_b0i
Posted: Dec 27 2011, 04:09 PM

Warboss

Member No.: 5,714

Decapitate my warboss and stick on a new head. Finish painting my last few OnG units plus any new stuff I buy.
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
Posted: Dec 27 2011, 06:02 PM

Motm july 2005, the goblin mad mod, WAAAGH!!
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,643

Since I failed for the new years resolution of 2011 I'm going to give it a new try in 2012.

I want to get some decent painted orcs for my army so I'm going to paint this for my army( and of course some gobbos but these aren't included in the new years resolution).

Black orc big boss
25 Black orcs with full command
Orc big boss with additional choppa
25 Orc boyz with additional choppa, fc
Savage big boss
40 Savage big'uns, fc, additional choppa.

I hope I will make my resolution in 2012, just like in 2010.

Cheers,
G

swampy
Posted: Dec 27 2011, 06:40 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 4,336

i got 90 unpainted squigs on my desk gotta paint dem up sniff round ebay for some old plstic night goblins. cant wait top play a game with all deese squigs wicked

Noisy Assassin
Posted: Dec 27 2011, 07:01 PM

Forest Lurkin' Backstabbin' Night Git

Member No.: 6,578

I'm going to try and go from a handful of conversions on my desk to a fully painted 2.5K all-gobbo army!
Anton
Posted: Dec 28 2011, 05:41 AM

Lucky Git

Member No.: 1,901

Well, I'm going to start off next year doing some Ogres and while I did that last year too, I don't think I'll paint quite as many greenskins as I did this year so I'll settle for a bit less. I still need to keep the ball rolling though, so:

Anton: Paint 200 Orcs and Goblins (large miniatures count as multiple models)
Morkmillian
Posted: Dec 28 2011, 06:15 AM

Orc

Member No.: 6,462

okay thought about it a little.

paint 2000 points of O&G including.
gorbad.
grom
arachnok

finish rebasing the rest of my army thats currently painted.
Groznit Goregut
Posted: Dec 28 2011, 12:15 PM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,381

Alright....I'm in! Last year my list was modest, but I also said it when I knew the new book was coming out and I didn't know what was in it. I barely got it done! So, with that tradition (of not knowing what the heck I'm going to do this year) I have a list of things I should paint:

-Warhammer Fortress that has been neglected for a few years
-My siege tower and siege attacker set
-Chapel
-Fences set I bought when they first came out
-Giant Spider with Goblin Boss on it.

I've had some of this stuff sitting around for years. With the new siege rules, I really should use it!
theorox
Posted: Dec 28 2011, 01:12 PM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

Convert my unit of 50 Big'Uns. That's all, I really think I'm gonna need freedom to do whatever I want this year. smile.gif

Theo
Xellpher
Posted: Dec 28 2011, 06:59 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 6,074

Get and paint 40 strong squig unit.
Get and paint 40 strong savage unit.
Finish giant.
Assemble and paint Azhag. (who I've had for over a year now)
lambobolt
Posted: Dec 28 2011, 08:26 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 2,075

So ill take a little different approach to my resolution for this year since i didnt finish last year year's

So for 2012:
- paint 1000 points of core stuff (for greenskins, vampires, and warriors of chaos so i can finish atleast one army....)
- finish tourney comp for greenskins and either vampires or warriors (warriors will be easy once I finish the core stuff from the first one above)
- finish display board for greenskins
- participate in 4 rogue tourneys (as either player or organizer)
- attend 2 GTs this year
stashman
Posted: Dec 28 2011, 10:04 PM

Boss

Member No.: 3,000

I have been very lazey... Damn this thread can help me come back into painting spree!!!

I'll be realistic:

A Big Gribbly Spider
40 Savage Orcs
(40 Black Orcs, althou I have 62 painted)

And I really wan't to start a VC army with all thoose good realse models!!!
Kera Foehunter
Posted: Dec 28 2011, 10:45 PM

Pirate Queen
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,275

Trolls !! lots of trolls
« Next Oldest | Orc and Goblin Stronghold | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0936 seconds | Archive