Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Da Iron Crag Boyz
Thitanium Prince
Posted: Dec 11 2011, 01:49 PM

Capo Muso Duro

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,560

Uh, I really like this idea biggrin.gif the pose is perfect wink.gif
Forever Lona
Posted: Dec 13 2011, 08:33 AM

Goblin

Member No.: 6,001

Cheers guys! The hook IS a little big, but I needed it to be - I wouldnt have had enough reach on that arm otherwise. So I stole a sickle from the night goblin box and filed it a little to make it a bit more hook-y.

In the meantime, I finished off the Heroquest models! Hurrah! Now I can focus on my own army

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Snikpik
Posted: Dec 13 2011, 09:29 AM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

Nice painting. ANy thoughts on a shield design?
Forever Lona
Posted: Dec 13 2011, 09:46 AM

Goblin

These ones are staying as is, the person they were painted for wanted a fairly generic model for Heroquest games, so he was keen for a plain sheild. They look a little boring without a device on them though, I wish I could have put something on them. I'm keen to make a start on my own now!!
Forever Lona
Posted: Jan 8 2012, 09:37 AM

Goblin

Hey all!

Doing some work on the Savage Orc Chariot, still alot of "savaging" left to do on it, sheilds, bones, all the like. At the moment I'm stuck on the chains. I'm not sure whether to run them all the way back to the chariot and use them as reins, or to just use them as trappings and harness for the boars. I will be changing the attachment on the tusk, its just sitting there so I can get an idea at the moment..

Thoughts would be very welcome!

user posted image
theorox
Posted: Jan 8 2012, 10:06 AM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

Savage chariot...looks good. smile.gif Personally I'd pop the wheels off and make it a sleight...but then I have snowy terrain. laugh.gif

Theo
Wazoo
Posted: Jan 9 2012, 11:35 AM

Big Boss

Member No.: 5,687

Good start! I like the chains as they are! I think that them not having reins kind of fits the style...

Wazoo
Xellpher
Posted: Jan 11 2012, 09:11 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 6,074

Personally I'd swap the chains for ropes/vines. Just seems a bit more 'savage'.
Forever Lona
Posted: Jan 30 2012, 02:15 AM

Goblin

Holidays, woo!

Todays efforts. All done bar basing and a few extreme highlights here and there...

user posted image
Paiant Slapah
Posted: Jan 30 2012, 04:41 AM

Big Boss

Member No.: 4,721

Really nice work! Keep 'em coming.
Wazoo
Posted: Jan 31 2012, 05:44 PM

Big Boss

Member No.: 5,687

Nice, I like the smooth skin tone!

Wazoo
Forever Lona
Posted: Feb 12 2012, 10:01 AM

Goblin

Been working on my bosses, and have had trouble finding savage orcs that I actually like. This guy can be either a big boss, or a unit champion if I find something more... big bossy! Basically I've just used a boar boy body, doen some greenstuffing to position the arms (from the big stabba) and stuck him on a flying base. What do you guys think? I want to start painting him up tomorrow, so I'll post some photos as soon as I do!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Now he just needs a name!
Da Git
Posted: Feb 12 2012, 10:51 AM

Orc

Member No.: 6,067

Ouch! That piece of plastic must hurt! Probably the reason he's frenzied. tongue.gif

Anyway, the model looks great! It reminds me of my (still unpainted) unit filler competition entry. These savage orc models are really fun to work with, and offer some great opportunities for converting.
Forever Lona
Posted: Apr 16 2012, 03:25 AM

Goblin

A bit of painting done this arvo. Obviously still WIP, but tried out a couple of the new paints on this one.

First step was a black primer. Over that was a heavy drybrush of the new Khorne Red. I've only used a couple of the base paints, they seem a little thinner than the old foundations but still cover ok (that said, the light grey didnt cover very well at all). After that I drybrushed Squig Orange. Didnt much like it to be honest, it was more fleshy than red. Odd sort of colour. Then came a light drybrush with Kindleflame. The drybrush paints are pretty cool, but I dont think its anything that you cant achieve with the layer paints, its just less wiping you have to do with your brush. Over the top of all that is a heavy Bloodletter glaze. The effect before the glaze was pretty meh, looked a sort of reddish poo brown (yum!). The glaze brought the red back out, dulled down the extreme highlight on the face, and seemed to add real depth to the skin.

The rest still needs work, want to pick up a few of the new pinks and purples before I finish off the tounge.

Thoughts? I'm thinking purple tounge, I prefer the darker, grittier look. Also thinking about redoing the extreme highlights in orange, to make it a little warmer, the ones that are there now are a little bit too pink...

user posted image
theorox
Posted: Apr 16 2012, 05:46 AM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

Looking promising. smile.gif

Theo
« Next Oldest | Army Blogs | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 [2] 3 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0974 seconds | Archive