zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Clan Bluefur!, A Skaven plog!
Svarten
Posted: Sep 19 2011, 01:53 PM

Orc

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,147

´ello fellow greenskins! biggrin.gif

I'm sure most of you have seen, not to mention, commented and offered your critique on my OnG plog.

This however, is my first, and most numerous army, wich i started back in -02 with the release of their 6th edition armybook (I was 9 at the time... xD).

Although I got a bit tired of them with the release of the 7th edition book, since I thought that they gamewise had drifted to far from the ratmen I knew and loved.

That instead of facing a horde of 200-300 ratmen + a few toys, you now always faced 200-300 toys + a few ratmen... And that people becuase of that always sighed when I told them I played skaven, and wouldn't want to play against them.

Even though I still played how I thought they should be played, with a horde of rats and some toys to support them.

This drove my to try a new army, and ended up with me starting Da Blueskin Tribe Savage Orcs biggrin.gif

But, for the past six months I've had an ever increasing struggle with girlfriends coming and going, a depression and quite a few other things I rather not mention.

Painting and gaming has always been my little way to get away from it all. But during the past month not even painting my orcs seems to work, and it has seemed that there's always something missing, some essential part, that now is lacking.

And my fellow gamers and hobbyists, one late, dark and cold night last week I had a revelation! I hastily pulled out an old wooden box from the shadows, I gleaned its contents slowly, inspecting every part thouroughly...

And with a dark and sinister laugh, I remebered what got me into this hobby in the first place, the ratmen! The loathsome ratmen, and all of their vile kin!

And that they, after what felt like an eternity, have given me the old me back, the sorrowless, "don't give a dung! I'll manage on my own" - madman I once was, and now is once again! wink.gif

So I give to you, after an indroduction as deep and long as the deepest pits of Hell-pit, the Skaven of ever mighty Clan Bluefur!

I have around 5k of Skaven, although I have retired my old clanrats and stormvermin in favour of new models, that's about 300 models, leaving me with a slightly smaller force at hand.

This in combination with my increased painting skills since I was 9, has led me to update the entire army, wich I started just before switching over to the Blueskin Tribe.

So here are the finished components of the army so far:

user posted image

user posted image
Rat Ogres! My all time favourite Skven unit biggrin.gif

user posted image
Clanrats!

user posted image
... and their Warpfire-thrower! Converted ofc ^^

user posted image
Doom-wheel!

user posted image
The Slaves!

user posted image
My converted Plagueclaw Catapult! smile.gif

user posted image
Poisoned Wind Mortar! If I'm not in the mood to use my WFT.

user posted image
Gutter Runners and Assassin!

user posted image
The Clan Management! biggrin.gif

user posted image
Battle Standard Bearer! On of my rare banner free-hands biggrin.gif

user posted image
Grey Seer Svarten! The leader and soul of Clan Bluefur! wink.gif

Hope you enjoy! And forgive me for the long post, I got a little carried away... laugh.gif

//Svarten
Jellywarrior
Posted: Sep 19 2011, 03:50 PM

Snotling

Member No.: 6,173

Nice post man with a lot to look at, my favorite picture has to the Rat Ogres, especially the one looking like he's smiling for the camera biggrin.gif

The Doomwheel looks very nice, although I have always had a soft spot for that contraption, and wish I could find a reason for my Goblins to have one!

EDIT: Are your Gutter Runners Mordenheim Skaven?

This post has been edited by Jellywarrior on Sep 19 2011, 03:51 PM
Svarten
Posted: Sep 19 2011, 04:39 PM

Orc

Thank you very much ^^

The Gutter Runners are in fact Night Runners, wich is exactly the same as you get in Mordheim, although in Warhammer they are 20 instead of 10, for the same price... xD

Maybe you could use a Doom-wheel as a mangler squig..? laugh.gif

//Svarten
theorox
Posted: Sep 19 2011, 04:50 PM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

Hehe, I do love your Skaven Tommy... biggrin.gif The ratogres and slaves are particularly nice.

Theo
Svarten
Posted: Sep 19 2011, 06:49 PM

Orc

QUOTE (theorox @ Sep 19 2011, 04:50 PM)
Hehe, I do love your Skaven Tommy... biggrin.gif The ratogres and slaves are particularly nice.

Theo

As do I! yarr.gif

Hence, they are back!

And yes, watch out for my Eshin associates... ninja.gif

//Svarten
« Next Oldest | Army Blogs | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0794 seconds | Archive