InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]  ( Go to first unread post )

Orcs And Gobbos At Sea!, OnG to be in new game!
Craze_b0i
Posted: Sep 12 2011, 08:52 PM

Warboss

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,714

My main hope is that the ships will look like proper sailing ships, rather than the juggernaught-style design of some fleets in Man O' War. ie medieval not steam-punk.
Draig
Posted: Sep 12 2011, 09:03 PM

Animosity Boyz
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 1,921

Yeah the Skaven and Orc fleet, and some of the Chaos ships were really rather silly. More like giant weapons than actual ships. Whenever I play Man o War I tend to add in other races ships to make those fleets more interesting. My Skaven sail with a captured Dwarf Nautilus and three Monitors, for example. This at least gives them some 'normal' type ships and makes it seem more like a Nautical game and less like a meeting of doomsday devices lashed to rafts.
whosbasil
Posted: Sep 12 2011, 09:39 PM

Mad mushroom test subject

Member No.: 6,276

Sounds like the big announcement that's happening at our GW store on Saturday. Well, now I don't have to be there to find out.
Ghorug
Posted: Sep 12 2011, 10:06 PM

Choppa of Dem Stunties

Member No.: 6,460

So far, we have insight that it will be a large box set with 4 or more races of ships all at a scale smaller than Warmaster but costing a bit more than Man O War. Is this all correct so far?
rufus sparkfire
Posted: Sep 12 2011, 10:09 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 1,482

QUOTE (Craze_b0i @ Sep 12 2011, 08:52 PM)
My main hope is that the ships will look like proper sailing ships, rather than the juggernaught-style design of some fleets in Man O' War. ie medieval not steam-punk.

I like the dwarf ships from Man o' War. And of course the Empire, Bretonnian and High Elf ships.

I didn't like any of the other fleets at all.

Draig
Posted: Sep 12 2011, 10:15 PM

Animosity Boyz
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 1,921

QUOTE (Ghorug @ Sep 12 2011, 10:06 PM)
So far, we have insight that it will be a large box set with 4 or more races of ships all at a scale smaller than Warmaster but costing a bit more than Man O War. Is this all correct so far?

As far as I'm aware yes, but I'm just following the uberthread on Warseer.
Captn Morgrim
Posted: Sep 13 2011, 08:45 PM

Dwarven Archpirate

Member No.: 6,159

Now fancy that, a new naval board game? Out 2 days before the most holy day of mine (Talk like a Pirate Day that is), excellent news, methinks! And here was addled ole me a'thinkin' that this thread was dedicated t' that campaign of yers.

I must say I 'm rather curious about the game, and the price t' pay bears no surprise fer me. Well, that and the sad fact that the powers that be (GW, I means) yet again failed to make that gutless gorelubber John Blanche walk the plank. His "art" has been a mayor detractor of all things Warhammer for ages.

user posted image

I rest my case.

Seriously, I saw this ugly blighter in my inbox today (GW's newsletter) and I truely thought "Whatever Mr Blanche is smokin' is not doing this hobby any good." Actually, that already a very family-friendly version.

This post has been edited by Captn Morgrim on Sep 13 2011, 08:56 PM
WarbossKurgan
Posted: Sep 14 2011, 12:38 PM

Swashbuckling Pirate Orc Admin!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 198

I am in complete agreement with you Captn.... apart from the bit about Mr Blanche.
His art is Warhammer! tongue.gif
« Next Oldest | News, Instructions & Feedback | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4373 seconds | Archive