Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

Night Goblin Player Introducing!
Woudschim
Posted: Aug 24 2011, 09:06 PM

Snotling

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,497

Hi everyone!

I've known this forum for quite a while, but registered since I picked up playing Warhammer again. I'm and old time player, stopped just when 5th was introduced, after which I lost all interest in the game.

I do paint a lot, both for myself and commission work.

So, recently started again, I really like the 8th edition rules, they seem more balanced, tactical and I like the focus on infantry. Other games I love: Warmaster and Infinity, though lack of players is a big turn-down.

I am building a night goblin themed army, which is now at 1200 points. No orcs, just night goblins, and the odd goblin warboss for the much needed leadership (of course, still a night goblin model symbolising some rare and brave night goblin)

Other stuff:
Learning to become a biology teacher, photographer and designer as a parttime job, together with miniature painting, musician (violin, accordeon, hammered dulcimer and guitar), contact juggler, traveller (by motorbike), and nerd/geek. =)

Here is a pic of my night gobbo army, from a while ago, when I was still at about 800 points.

user posted image
Snikpik
Posted: Aug 24 2011, 09:41 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

Looks like a good start. I'm also glad that now I have some one to go to to get advice when I have to give my little one the facts of life one day... biggrin.gif

Have you thought what you will use for mangler squigs? And will you be using other squigs? If I played purely night Goblins I would use to largish blocks of squig herds.
Woudschim
Posted: Aug 24 2011, 09:58 PM

Snotling

Member No.: 6,497

Yes, coincidentally, I've already built two bases of Mangler squigs!

Here is an older WIP shot:

user posted image

Unfortunately, I'm allergic to greenstuff/milliput, so my options of converting are rather limited. Chained two cold-ones to each other with some goblin handlers, and cut/filed away the protruding saddle bits.

In battle they work out wonderfully, both as diversion, damage dealer, and screwing up the enemy battle plan and his options of tactics.

Up till now, the biggest battle I've played was 1200 points, in which I fielded:

Goblin warboss
NG big boss
NG Big boss BSB
NG shaman lvl 2
NG shaman lvl 1

Some magic items in there too..

80 night goblins with a standard and nets
2x 3 trolls
2 doom divers
2 mangler squigs

And massacred my opponent, (empire, with two mortars and a steam tank)

I also find Snagla to be very, very good against Empire.

This post has been edited by Woudschim on Aug 24 2011, 10:08 PM
abuk
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 12:29 PM

Troll Intelectualist

Member No.: 6,192

Oooohhh... wub.gif Those NG look great! I like the yellow. Do You have some more pics and closeups perhaps? Or do You run an army blog? I'd deffinitly like to see more of those!

Cheers,
JaBolOn
Posted: Sep 27 2011, 07:56 PM

Snotling

Member No.: 6,366

Welcome! Great paintjob, those cold ones are really ace!
bonesaw
Posted: Sep 27 2011, 10:17 PM

Snotling

Member No.: 6,450

Welcome to da warpath. Have you tried a product called pro-create for your conversions? It is a little tackier than GS and you may not react to it.

Edited to remove a smart rear ended comment aimed at the wrong person!

My bad sad.gif

This post has been edited by bonesaw on Sep 27 2011, 10:49 PM
Squigkikka
Posted: Sep 28 2011, 07:27 AM

Waaagh!

Member No.: 5,573

Welcome! Goblin Only armies are the best, and you've got some amazing painting skills right there! Whoa!
Gobgrot
Posted: Sep 28 2011, 07:46 AM

Snotling

Member No.: 6,500

Welcome to the clan. Love your painting and would also like to see some more closeups, specially the spiders. smile.gif

If your planing on doing a giant (Must have for NG army IMO), Id REALLY like to see it when your done.

This post has been edited by Gobgrot on Sep 28 2011, 07:48 AM
amotssf
Posted: Oct 26 2011, 01:42 PM

Snotling

Member No.: 6,589

Hi I'm new to the forum but have been an orc & goblin player for 15 years. I have just started fielding a 2400 point night goblin army as I decided I wanted something completely mental! I'm still experimenting somewhat, but atm I am fielding:

Skarsnik
L4 Night Goblin Shaman Lord
L1 Night Goblin Shaman
Night Goblin Battle standard bearer
2 units of 38 Night Goblin Spearmen each with netters, 3 fanatics and a command group
2 units of 30 Night Goblin Archers each with netters, 3 fanatics and a command group
a unit of 24 Night Goblin Archers with netters, 3 fanatics and a command group and skarsnik and the battle standard also go in this unit. These infantry units deploy as hordes.
A unit of 15 squigs with 5 handlers
An Arachnarok
2 mangler squigs. My mangler squigs for now are just reallly old squig hoppers on monster bases, but a friend of mine is getting a sculptor he knows to make me some mangler squigs for my birthday in a few weeks time.
Paiant Slapah
Posted: Oct 30 2011, 04:33 AM

Big Boss

Member No.: 4,721

Welcome to da warpath, amotssf.

Intro posts are typically a new thread, but I can see how this thread title can be confusing. No biggie.

You must have a lot of older models around. Start an army blog and show us your work.
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
Posted: Nov 23 2011, 08:11 PM

Motm july 2005, the goblin mad mod, WAAAGH!!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 1,643

Welcome to da warpath and nice army you have there.

Cheers,
G
« Next Oldest | News, Instructions & Feedback | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4173 seconds | Archive