Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (11) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Morkmillian Horde! Recently Restarted, had over 10yrs of GW so duster is out!!
Morkmillian
Posted: Aug 12 2011, 07:25 PM

Orc

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,462

Hello there.
just became a member, have been watching these forums for a few months and decided to get a foot in the door no matter how late!!

the name is because my brother alway plays with maxmillian in his DoW army and so was born his nemesis Morkmillian!

i used to collect O+G's when i first started over 10 yrs ago and then i (thought) grew out of it, but mordheim led to another and before i knew it i was tricked back into it! been playing and painting again for about a year now.

my paint jobs varey a lot since i was about 13 when i painted a lot of it, but i think i understand what im doing now so im getting better although i still rush stuff quite a lot! smile.gif

im also in the middle of re-basing everything so try to ignore the old school goblin green bases biggrin.gif

i was to lazy to get all my goblins out and i have a lot of other unmade stuff so this is a start biggrin.gif

i didnt realise 2 units are out of shot, its 20 black orcs on the left, and 10 savage orc boar boys on the right (and 1 river troll out of shot) and the BSP troll.
user posted image

my savage orcs are probally my best painted unit, and i have just finished my wyvern which i am mighty pleased with (magnest on top for the saddle)
user posted image

user posted image

my old metal goblins, sloppy painted smile.gif and my nasty skulker and fanatic unit filler i recently finished painting (got the fantic model of ebay)
user posted image

my younger days paint job doom diver and a night goblin chariot my brother bought for me last year, just started base coating the wolves.
user posted image

my goblin characters (2nd in from left is a gamezone goblin boss) which are also out of shot in the first pic!
user posted image

im goign to try pic some stuff thats not in here and get a few close ups on the stuff im proud of when i can figure out how to get rid of the close up blur!

but if youd like to see anythign in paticuler just say so, my painting isnt amazing but im proud of what ive done so far smile.gif

any comments or critasism will be accepted gratefully, and finally.

WAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH

This post has been edited by Morkmillian on Aug 12 2011, 08:09 PM
Snikpik
Posted: Aug 12 2011, 07:35 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

No criticism here, not yet at least, but it looks like you have a big job ahead of you. Welcome to da-warpath. Incidently thats a nice job you did on your savage orcs and wyvern. That chariot will look nice too when you paint it up. Are you planning to use it as regular chariot or with Grom on it?
Morten C
Posted: Aug 12 2011, 07:40 PM

Warboss

Member No.: 5,542

Welcome to Da Warpath git wink.gif

lovely looking minis you've got there... Lots of metal and classics, now that awakens me green hearth to see yarr.gif It'll be nice once you've given them a makeover with the bases and stuff smile.gif

Hope you'll enjoy sharing your progress and experiences with us smile.gif Feel free to ask in the different threads and start some friendly animosity wink.gif
Mulambo
Posted: Aug 12 2011, 07:43 PM

Orc

Member No.: 2,757

Absolutely brilliant pain job on that wyvern wub.gif
Don't sell yourself short with it...

I really like what I see so far, keep up the good work!
And I hope you have more of those old metal goblins, as they are my favorite ones smile.gif
Morkmillian
Posted: Aug 12 2011, 07:46 PM

Orc

i was intending to just use it as a normal goblin chariot with 3 wolf 4 crew, but the main guy on it looks a lot like a big boss so i was considering putting a pin in his foot to use on and of foot.

wasnt expecint such fast replys, im hoping this will motivate me to paint faster smile.gif i tend to get a lot done in a short time then nothing for ages, trying to not let that 2nd part happen! smile.gif
Morkmillian
Posted: Aug 12 2011, 07:52 PM

Orc

im absalutley gutted i only have thoe 10 old school metal goblins, they came with a white dwarf army deal aaaaaaages ago. but i have about 35 current goblins and 10 plastic 4th ed goblins....just those metal ones look weeny next to them, maybe big rocks on their bases to stand on smile.gif
BorkBork
Posted: Aug 12 2011, 07:56 PM

also known as Bonapork

Member No.: 1,951

i have the feeling i have seen that wyvern before somewhere?

anyway great horde...and there is absolutely nothing wrong with your paint skills smile.gif

looking good
Morten C
Posted: Aug 12 2011, 08:02 PM

Warboss

QUOTE (Morkmillian @ Aug 12 2011, 07:52 PM)
im absalutley gutted i only have thoe 10 old school metal goblins, they came with a white dwarf army deal aaaaaaages ago. but i have about 35 current goblins and 10 plastic 4th ed goblins....just those metal ones look weeny next to them, maybe big rocks on their bases to stand on smile.gif

No problem. why on earth should goblins be the same size? Just mix it, like this guy does smile.gif

I've done the same, but I haven't painted mine yet... I have goblins almost the size of snotlings, but i just put 2 on one base... it creates a lovely chaotic mess wink.gif

I hope the replies will motivate you like they do me, it's a great addition to the hobby, to share it smile.gif

It has been rather quite in here the last couple of weeks though... guess it's because of vacations and nice weather... which isn't a problem to me, as I'm from Denmark and we rarely have weather worth enjoying wink.gif
BorkBork
Posted: Aug 12 2011, 08:06 PM

also known as Bonapork

yeah, one different model looks odd, but if you mix enough it becomes really good

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_War...537&st=60&#last
Morkmillian
Posted: Aug 12 2011, 08:18 PM

Orc

if youve seen that wyvern before then sombody sneaked in my house biggrin.gif
finished it a few days ago and just gave it it first coat of varnish after taking the pics.

and yea i may just mix the goblins up in that case, at the moment i also use the spear chukka crews when they are not being used or put night gobs on the chukkas if i want more gobbos biggrin.gif

would probally help the army as i have mixed savage orcs and both the old and new plastic black orc models mixed...and 2 editions of n gobs... man i dont pay enough attention to these things!

This post has been edited by Morkmillian on Aug 12 2011, 08:18 PM
BorkBork
Posted: Aug 12 2011, 08:45 PM

also known as Bonapork

QUOTE (Morkmillian @ Aug 12 2011, 08:18 PM)
if youve seen that wyvern before then sombody sneaked in my house biggrin.gif

ah, was that your house wink.gif
Skartooth The Third
Posted: Aug 12 2011, 09:19 PM

Pandamonium

Member No.: 5,331

Some awesome looking miniatures, in particular the savage orc models, they look sweet wub.gif
Thitanium Prince
Posted: Aug 13 2011, 12:57 AM

Capo Muso Duro

Member No.: 5,560

Welcome to Da Warpath, I really like your savages and your wyvern, very clean paintjobs wink.gif
Mulambo
Posted: Aug 13 2011, 10:38 AM

Orc

Member No.: 2,757

QUOTE (BorkBork @ Aug 12 2011, 10:06 PM)
yeah, one different model looks odd, but if you mix enough it becomes really good

Oh ... my blog got linked for references wub.gif
I had no clue that I catch so much attention with it... This makes me really happy biggrin.gif
What a boost of motivation this gives.
Morten C
Posted: Aug 13 2011, 10:47 AM

Warboss

QUOTE (Mulambo @ Aug 13 2011, 10:38 AM)
QUOTE (BorkBork @ Aug 12 2011, 10:06 PM)

Oh ... my blog got linked for references wub.gif
I had no clue that I catch so much attention with it... This makes me really happy biggrin.gif
What a boost of motivation this gives.

Well, you blog is great and is doing some stuff differently... that usually attracts attention smile.gif

@Morkmillian
I'm looking forward to seeing more, especially if you can paint some of those classic models as well as that wyvern smile.gif

Hmm... and for some reason, every time i look at the topic title, I read "recently retarded" and giggles like a little girl laugh.gif

EDIT:
If you have other big monsters, or tiny monsters!, you might want to consider entering the Bi-monthly competition, which is about monsters this time smile.gif It's purely a friendly competition smile.gif

This post has been edited by Morten C on Aug 13 2011, 10:49 AM
« Next Oldest | Army Blogs | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (11) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0779 seconds | Archive