Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (6) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Back To The Stomping Ground, [Update] Lord of Change progress update
Wechselbalg
Posted: Dec 4 2011, 04:47 PM

Orc

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,442

Thanks and yes, I dont like the GW ones but mostly because you have to put the models in line like the base says and thereīs not much room between the models.
My BOs wouldnīt have fit on GW bases and since "my way" is cheap I rather make my own ones. Back in the days I used use balsa but thatīs not as cheap as my sprues plus the sprues are more handsome than balsa. Some matches between each BO and I had enough space to put them into a rank&file unit without loosing too much space.
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
Posted: Dec 4 2011, 05:26 PM

Motm july 2005, the goblin mad mod, WAAAGH!!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 1,643

Nice models, I like how the metal turned out on the models.

Cheers,
G
Overlord Fuzz
Posted: Dec 4 2011, 05:43 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 6,250

Amazingly clean. I love all those orcs! What's your formula for skintone on them?
Wechselbalg
Posted: Dec 4 2011, 06:51 PM

Orc

Thanks again wub.gif

The BO skin:

orkhide shade
thraka green - 2 layers
1:1 orkhide shade and knarloc green
1:10 thraka green/water

orc warriors skin:

orchide shade
gretchin green thraka green
gretchin green
1:1 thraka green/water

Iīm using a wet palette for all my painting works so the colours are watered down by the palette but sometimes I really want those extreme watered colours for layering work.

I will post a step by step with for the skintone later on but above are the raw way how I do my orc skin but now itīs fodder grabbing time.
yarr.gif
Wechselbalg
Posted: Dec 5 2011, 08:57 PM

Orc

Forget my recipe above, I dont know what borked my mind but itīs wrong for sure.
My little book of colouring greenskins does say so and my book is allways right. biggrin.gif
I will post a little tut in the painting section explaining step by step how I did/do it.
Wechselbalg
Posted: Dec 20 2011, 03:55 PM

Orc

I need more time for my personal stuff and less for the commissions biggrin.gif
Anyway, I just finished the basic skin tone on all my ork warriors. And worked a little on my my blackorks. Now I await my next ~30Orks from GW and hopefully will be done at the end of year.
Just need one regiment base for the third block of OWīs to be ready. After that I will start working on my NG army where I need a ton of NGs for so itīs a spring to summer project ok more a plan because I dont have any concrete plans for the NG army scheduled so no real project yet but anyway. Maybe I just start my savage ork army before the NG one though so everything a bit in the air right now.

Here are some pics of my ongoing stuff again. Nothing special but hey, itīs a blog eh? biggrin.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
Posted: Dec 20 2011, 06:32 PM

Group Icon

Great looking black orcs, that will be an impressive unit once done.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers,
G
Wechselbalg
Posted: Dec 24 2011, 09:55 AM

Orc

Thanks Gaz or Ghaz? smile.gif

I will try to finish my BOs in the christmas time - might even succeed. laugh.gif

Todays entry is about .. orcmass!! I got my order just in time. Itīs the 24th December 10:44 and I received my GW order and hour ago. Wonderful, just wonderful luv those GW trolls. wub.gif
I ordered some brushes, gonna test the new GW brushes, my first GW brushes after 10years, 3boxes of ork boyz and the shammy to complete my themed army list.
Now itīs time to tidy up all rooms and do some orkamass celebrations before I can get back to the painting table.
Happy orkmass everyone once again and have some relaxed days.
user posted image
Wechselbalg
Posted: Dec 26 2011, 05:21 PM

Orc

Ok, orcmass was kinda filled with Gork&Mork and a lot of bosses and stuff. Today itīs a bit more relaxed so I got my hands on my first BigīUnz. The conversions are simple. Might just use them as regular ork boyz we will see.
Some of them have a Gork or Mork face on their back "to have an eye" on the boyz behind. No oneīs trusting an ork behind you and I truly believe they wont squabble so much with the Gork or Mork faces have an eye on the mob. yarr.gif

user posted image
user posted image

This post has been edited by Wechselbalg on Dec 26 2011, 05:22 PM
Wechselbalg
Posted: May 11 2012, 07:44 PM

Orc

Finally a little update. I never ever had an army being on my painting table for such a long time but commission works completely ate my time. 5 month over my deadline now. Maybe I will finish it this years christmas. That would mean 1year over my deadline but Iīm ok with completely failing my deadline now. In the end I failed because of commissions and thatīs nothing that really angers me. smile.gif

Back on the real topic

My 3k bruteforce is ready to stomp whatever it will face. I had some good experiences and games with it at 2.5k points and maybe the 3k challenge will be good as well. yarr.gif

5 footslogger blocks and 1 boarboy block plus "a couple lords&heroes" should be enough to stomp or at least shout out a real "WAAAGH!!!".

user posted image
Thitanium Prince
Posted: May 11 2012, 10:37 PM

Capo Muso Duro

Member No.: 5,560

That's a proper waagh, made of pure orc brutal force u.u I like a lot some of your conversions and I love the system you used to create some space beetween the bases ^^
Kees (aka Ghenkadh)
Posted: May 12 2012, 05:03 AM

Boss

Member No.: 4,125

... quite an impressive force.
Nice picture of the black orcs ''advancing'' on your painting table almost overrunning that lovely shaman-figure!
grtz,
Kees
Craze_b0i
Posted: May 12 2012, 11:19 AM

Warboss

Member No.: 5,714

I like your big blocks. Interesting to see orcs 7 wide, looks really good from a visual perspective.
DaShee
Posted: May 12 2012, 11:47 AM

Snotling

Member No.: 6,798

wub.gif Loving your army!!
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
Posted: May 13 2012, 06:48 PM

Group Icon

Great bunch of orcs, keep up the great work.

Cheers,
G
« Next Oldest | Army Blogs | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (6) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1025 seconds | Archive