InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Gaz's Probably Intermittent Painting Log, Da Red Waaagh Rises in da East!
Gaz
Posted: Jul 18 2011, 04:59 PM

Goblin

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,856

So, at the title suggests, this army plog I offer no guarentee of regular updates - I'll try to do minimum 1 unit a month, and probably have a list of what I'm painting or plan to paint within that month.

I am a pretty slow hobbyist, and even though with my Orcs I'm pressing myself to paint them faster tan I would paint normally, it can still take me weeks for a unit. Basically this is as much for myself as it is for the greater community, a place for critique, feedback, improvement and a singular location for all of it.

As it currently stands, I doubt I'll get it all done, but who knows:

July:

10 Black Orc Big Un Boar Boyz

Gorbad Ironclaw

Savage Orc Shaman on Boar

20 Night Goblins with Bows

August:

Shaggoth

2 Rock Lobbas

3 Orc Chariots

Arachnarok ( Maybe )

Anyway, here, have some pictures of the Boar Boyz, I'm finishing them off as I type this.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by Gaz on Jul 18 2011, 05:02 PM
BorkBork
Posted: Jul 18 2011, 06:15 PM

also known as Bonapork

Member No.: 1,951

wow, very nice.

can you share the recipe for the red armor?
hetelic
Posted: Jul 18 2011, 06:58 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 6,410

Glad to see im not the only one who sits and paints beside my keyboard tongue.gif
Svarten
Posted: Jul 18 2011, 07:03 PM

Orc

Member No.: 6,147

QUOTE (hetelic @ Jul 18 2011, 06:58 PM)
Glad to see im not the only one who sits and paints beside my keyboard tongue.gif

I thought that everyone did that xD

On topic: Awesome boar boyz! Will you use 'em as normal boar boyz, or do they have some other rules? biggrin.gif

//Svarten
Thitanium Prince
Posted: Jul 18 2011, 07:35 PM

Capo Muso Duro

Member No.: 5,560

I really like these conversions, they're massive biggrin.gif maybe some additional armour pieces would add some additional weight to the boars biggrin.gif
Gaz
Posted: Jul 19 2011, 02:30 AM

Goblin

On topic: Awesome boar boyz! Will you use 'em as normal boar boyz, or do they have some other rules? biggrin.gif

maybe some additional armour pieces would add some additional weight to the boars

can you share the recipe for the red armor?

Going to use them as Savage Orc Big Un Boar Boyz with spears and shield, mostly because I thought the rules would suit them the best:

The 'eavy armour is the shield.

Warpaint comes from the Orcs goin' so fast with their red armour, plus the smaller details I've added.

Wild Abandon, because they are so reckless, being big red orcs, even though they have spears, I could give them 2HW and it suits the models. The spears are present, along with GWs and 2HW in the unit.

I'd add extra armour plating to the boars, but i'm terrible at greenstuffing, so I didn't want to try tongue.gif

As for the red recepie:

Mechrite Red

Leviathan Purple wash

Stage 1 highlight:

Red Gore

Stage 2:

Red Gore + Blood Red

Stage 3:

Blood Red

Stage 4:

Blazing Orange

It doesn't take long comparatively which is nice. Cheers for the feedback lads, I should have the unit completed tonight.

This post has been edited by Gaz on Jul 19 2011, 02:47 AM
Hutobega
Posted: Jul 19 2011, 02:52 AM

Goblin

Member No.: 5,950

dude.. why d they not just come out with black orc boar boyz... that woul dbe our 2+ armored knights rofl.... and they woul dbe beefy as hell with great weapons MWAHAHAHA
meyer63026
Posted: Jul 19 2011, 04:02 AM

Stuntie Killa

Member No.: 4,690

I've seen this conversion for random characters, but really nice to see a big beefy unit done in this way.

How was the conversion process here? Any tricky bits?

Looks great btw biggrin.gif
Gaz
Posted: Jul 19 2011, 05:13 AM

Goblin

QUOTE (meyer63026 @ Jul 19 2011, 04:02 AM)
I've seen this conversion for random characters, but really nice to see a big beefy unit done in this way.

How was the conversion process here? Any tricky bits?

Looks great btw biggrin.gif

Wasn't too bad converting them up, the worst part was greenstuffing any gaps with chain mail, which was generally both sides of where the body met the leg.

I just cut the black orc torso front chain mail off and shaved down into a spherical shape from where the legs would attach, so it'd sit inside the boar boyz legs. Some superglue and greenstuff to attach the two and add chainmail over the gaps.

Ranking them up was a bit more tricky, but I staggered the ranks to make them fit. It means they take up an extra few bases, but they look cooler in my opinion.
Gaz
Posted: Jul 20 2011, 07:20 AM

Goblin

user posted image

New Unit fillers for the boar boyz.

Started on Gorbad and the shaman today too.
BorkBork
Posted: Jul 20 2011, 08:38 AM

also known as Bonapork

thx for the recipe.

filler looks nice, but are you still going to add boars to it or are you gonna use it as a spacer between the ranks?
Gaz
Posted: Jul 20 2011, 09:28 AM

Goblin

Due to the way the Boars ranked up, they're staggered, so the Night Goblin running and the Squig go at the front of the unit, and they look as though they're running, being herded or about to be gored as the boars pass through them.

The filler with the cannon balled snotling goes at the back, where half the boars look like they're leaping clear.
BorkBork
Posted: Jul 20 2011, 10:06 AM

also known as Bonapork

k, great idea.

looking forward to the finished result smile.gif
Gaz
Posted: Jul 20 2011, 03:22 PM

Goblin

I had a few friends ask for a close up of the Goblin, so I thoguht I'd throw him up here too.

user posted image

UNIT COMPLETED:

Ran out of Grass for the unit fillers, going to get some tomorrow. The banner is blank until they have been blooded in battle!

Here are "Da Red Ridaz!"

Front Rank:
user posted image

Higher Shot, to give an idea of the unit depth:
user posted image

Side on, so you can see the serration of the ranks:
user posted image

What it looks like after they've charged pass, and you're being tossed through the air!:
user posted image

A day in the life of a Snotling:
user posted image

Action shot: "DA RED WAAAGH GOES FASTA!!! WAAAGH!!"
user posted image

The Savage Orc Shaman I started:

user posted image
Craze_b0i
Posted: Jul 20 2011, 03:54 PM

Warboss

Member No.: 5,714

Fantastic unit. I love the goblin at the front just running for his life. laugh.gif

Also I like the staggered effect, it makes them look like a wild rampaging horde, which really fits nicely with the OnG fluff.
« Next Oldest | Army Blogs | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0819 seconds | Archive