zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (7) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Forgeworld Project, Some models I'm painting for a friend
Xam Dreadhowl
Posted: Jun 27 2011, 03:47 PM

Orc

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,312

Hi,

I've been pretty quiet since the CCUP finished up and thought I'd drop in some pics of what I've been working on lately. I'm painting three Forgeworld models for a good friend of mine. He insists on paying me so I guess you could say its my first commission.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

I'm hoping to finish the construction of the Blood Thirster and get him undercoated and do some airbrush work on him and the bloodletter and another project this week.

Any comments and crits are welcome.

Also my Chaos army has come to a grinding halt. I decided that I was rushing it and not doing the models justice and that I'd ran out of steam on it. And I was asked to judge the painting at the tournament (I accepted). Oh well another missed target. I guess I'm not cut out to paint armies.
theorox
Posted: Jun 27 2011, 03:51 PM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

That's beatiful. Great models and great painting so far! Looking forward to more man, that's pretty darn near epic! yarr.gif

Theo
Morten C
Posted: Jun 27 2011, 03:54 PM

Warboss

Member No.: 5,542

Forgeworlds daemons are just unbelievably nice. I really like these models and i think your painting will serve them well smile.gif

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
Posted: Jun 27 2011, 07:09 PM

Motm july 2005, the goblin mad mod, WAAAGH!!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 1,643

Great models, I like that khorne herald.

Cheers,
G
Burt
Posted: Jun 27 2011, 07:17 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 5,993

V nice models, hope this is as close as I ever get to em though.
Xam Dreadhowl
Posted: Jul 2 2011, 01:55 AM

Orc

Hi,

I did some adjustments to the claws as suggested and think they are looking better now (not sure if you can see them in the pics below). I also started work on the manacle on his ankle.

user posted image

I'm pretty happy with the way the area on the inside of the ankle (top left view) is coming along. The outdise of the ankle (bottom left view) however is not doing it for me. I'm going to change the hot spots but I'm not sure how yet. A much better painter than I suggested some green or turquoise glazes into the mid tone/shadow areas. My wife thinks the whole thing is a little bright and clean for what I am after. That is dirty steel or iron without much rust (rust colouration would be a little lose to the skin colour). The brown's I've speckled on have a little too much red in them (we think).

Any help you can offer would be much appreciated.

And on a little progress on my own project

user posted image

Groznit Goregut
Posted: Jul 2 2011, 11:33 AM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 2,381

Very cool! I love all the minis, even the Skaven one. Great job.

I regret that I am not qualified to give much advice here.
Xam Dreadhowl
Posted: Jul 3 2011, 02:40 AM

Orc

Thaks Groznit,

I went and had another couple of tries at it and I came up with this (finally) which is much close to what I was thinking. Now to repeat the dose on his belt and a couple of bits of the axe. The daylight has kina washed out the blednig up to the highlight on the top right shot. IRL it looks fairly similar to the blend on the shot of the inside of the ankle.

user posted image

Cheers
BorkBork
Posted: Jul 3 2011, 05:26 PM

also known as Bonapork

Member No.: 1,951

nice nice nice
Mostyn
Posted: Jul 5 2011, 11:40 AM

Da open minded git

Member No.: 4,159

You're right I think the rust was never going to work on such a red figure. I'm also doubtful that there's that much moisture around to start tht corrosion process in the firey hell that would be Khorne's playground so it's no great loss.

New manical looks a lot better, and nicely muted. I think I might have gone for brass rather than steel for the metal work as it would tie in with reds a little more but that's not to say I don't think this will look great.

Looking forward to the next update.
Xam Dreadhowl
Posted: Jul 5 2011, 09:25 PM

Orc

Thanks for the comments Mostyn,

There will be gold/brass. The edging of his armour plates and most of the axe handle and the spiked plates on the back strap in fact. The the manacle, the belt, the chains, the rivets and the sections of the axe handle at either end of the bindings will be all be this dark steel though.

I'm starting to get excited about this guy again. II had hit a bit of a flat spot there for a while.
Xam Dreadhowl
Posted: Jul 9 2011, 12:32 AM

Orc

Hi,

As with most of this guy so far, I've done a little and moved on. The manacle was a good test for other dark steel areas of the model. It still needs a few tweaks but not until the rest of him has started to come together. I'm on holidays for the next couple of weeks so I hope to ge moving on this guy again and get a serious start on the thirster and the bloodletter.

So I did another little tester last night working with some of the VMC transparents and starting on his nifty armour plates.

user posted image

I think these will really start to pop once I do the gold/brass around the edges. Bbeing black at the moment the edges detract from the flame effect quite a bit+.

I hope you like it.
Xam Dreadhowl
Posted: Jul 10 2011, 02:01 AM

Orc

Hi,

I've tweaked he knee pad and thigh panel and done another panel. I thought a wide shot might show the effect better.

user posted image

This post has been edited by Xam Dreadhowl on Jul 10 2011, 02:02 AM
BorkBork
Posted: Jul 10 2011, 06:38 AM

also known as Bonapork

Member No.: 1,951

stop this nonsense!!!!

cause you are making me like deamons wink.gif
Xam Dreadhowl
Posted: Jul 11 2011, 05:56 AM

Orc

Little Update,

I am so slow.

user posted image

Finished as much as I want to do on the flamey armour plates and started work on the skulls on the loincloth. As with the rest of him, the plates aren't necessarily done just yet, but I'm happy with them for now.
« Next Oldest | Painting and Hobby | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (7) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1372 seconds | Archive