zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Hobby Competition Forum.
Snikpik
Posted: May 31 2011, 06:16 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

It might be an idea to look at a competition sub forum under the hobby section if were gonna be running regular comps. This way they will all be easily accessible and together. Just a thought. It could be the international hub for greenskin inspiration for all the worlds masses! wink.gif smile.gif
theorox
Posted: Jun 2 2011, 04:59 PM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

Win! Bugman's Brewery has one, I think we could too. I second this idea! smile.gif

Theo
Vil le Môvé
Posted: Jun 2 2011, 05:40 PM

Goblin

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,857

QUOTE (Snikpik @ May 31 2011, 06:16 PM)
It might be an idea to look at a competition sub forum under the hobby section if were gonna be running regular comps. This way they will all be easily accessible and together. Just a thought. It could be the international hub for greenskin inspiration for all the worlds masses! wink.gif smile.gif

Waaagh!

Yes ! Great idea !

It could be the international hub for greenskin inspiration for all the worlds masses! wink.gif smile.gif

Hmmm, another symptom of the "Gork complex" ? ... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif wink.gif

This post has been edited by Vil le Môvé on Jun 2 2011, 05:44 PM
Skartooth The Third
Posted: Jun 3 2011, 10:50 PM

Pandamonium

Member No.: 5,331

I think this is a great idea, providing that we keep on running a regular contests which people will actually frequently enter

This post has been edited by Skartooth The Third on Jun 3 2011, 10:50 PM
Beithir Seun
Posted: Jun 4 2011, 12:01 AM

Orc

Member No.: 5,307

QUOTE (Skartooth The Third @ Jun 3 2011, 10:50 PM)
I think this is a great idea, providing that we keep on running a regular contests which people will actually frequently enter

That's the crux of the matter - there's very little point making a new forum for just two or three contests. If they're going to be a regular fixture of Da Warpath's calendar then that's great, so long as we've got people to keep running them!
Snikpik
Posted: Jun 4 2011, 06:52 AM

Warboss
Group Icon

Well I'll be running them. They are supposed to be bi-monthly but it looks like they are going to more like be tri monthly, but I will be running them. There is nothing to stop others adding extra ones too.
Kera Foehunter
Posted: Jun 4 2011, 07:03 PM

Pirate Queen
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,275

Just have one of the mods pin you a place in the hobby section for the bi montly
contest
Da Spawn Man
Posted: Jun 5 2011, 11:41 AM

Night Goblin Fanatic!

Member No.: 6,258

Having COME from the Brewery, let me just say that we need a hard set of rules and more than one person enforcing them/maintaining the section, as stuff over there got pretty messy with a few people. All sorts of havoc. Date timers going haywire, people being included, then excluded, then reinstated, then scolded, then warned. Civil uprising an' all...

They basically had the basic rules, everyone can vote on the winner by casting 3 votes (1 vote worth 3pts, 1 vote worth 2 pts, and 1 vote worth 1 pt) and then 3 finalists were picked to go into a "Hall of Fame". Well until they changed it. Then the overall winner got to pick the next month's category.
Snikpik
Posted: Jun 5 2011, 02:20 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Ooh a hall of fame would be nice, even if it was just a thread that was stickied and only added to by a mod, with pictures of the piece of course!
cb_rex
Posted: Jun 10 2011, 10:28 AM

Warboss Azbad Bonecruncher

Member No.: 4,967

I think a dedicated competitions sub forum might not be so god, I quite like that once competitions are no longer relevant they disappear, however the cool models/terrain also disappears, which is a shame.

So I think a locked hall of fame thread maintained by a moderator would be awesome, to display photos of the best looking models on Da Warpath. Competition winning models would automatically enter the hall of fame, and other models from army blogs and the hobby section could be nominated to enter the hall of fame. Nominations would obviously not be allowed from the user who's model it was.

This post has been edited by cb_rex on Jun 10 2011, 10:29 AM
Snikpik
Posted: Jun 10 2011, 10:38 AM

Warboss
Group Icon

Sadlt their disapearence was exactly thr idea behind having a sub forum. Think of all that inspiration for others to enjoy, not just with the winning piece but with all the entries. Da-warpath could be the mecca for green skin inspiration for the masses. Well that was the idea anyway.
cb_rex
Posted: Jun 10 2011, 10:44 AM

Warboss Azbad Bonecruncher

Member No.: 4,967

Along with winners in the hall of fame could be some text about the model, fluff etc, and crucially for competition winning models there could be a link to the competition they won, this way all the great modelling content can still be found.
« Next Oldest | Website submissions | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0951 seconds | Archive