Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (5) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5  ( Go to first unread post )

Shimmergloom's 8th Edition Battle Reports., w/pics. But no punch or pie.
Shimmergloom
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 10:48 PM

Warboss

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,177

We had our 5th annual Indy GT. Brawler Bash V. This past weekend.

It was 3k, but no Grand Armies. We had scenarios based on the book, with changes for each game. In addition we had 5 objective cards. You had to use 1 card each game and could not use the same card twice. We also had a lucky day card that you could use 1 time during the tournament. This would change any 2D6 roll into a 7. You had to use it before rolling and could not use it for a re-roll(so no using it after you failed a ld check and were entitled to a bsb re-roll for example).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game 1 vs Dwarfs

My army:
Lords:
1. Goblin Warboss: General, shield
a. Armor of Fortune Ė 35pts
Total: 103pts
2. Savage Orc Great Shaman lvl 4
a. Shrunken Head Ė 50pts
Total: 255pts
3. Goblin Warboss, Great Weapon: 71pts
Heroes:
4. Night Goblin BSB, lt. armor/shield
a. Standard of Discipline Ė 15pts
Total: 74 pts
5. Orc Shaman lvl. 1
a. Dispel Scroll Ė 25pts
b. Ironcurse Icon Ė 5pts
Total: 95pts
6. Night Goblin big boss w/great weapon: 34pts
7. Night Goblin big boss w/great weapon: 34pts
8. Night Goblin Big Boss, shield
a. Shrieking Blade Ė 10pts
Total: 42pts
Core:
9. 39 Savage Orc BigíUns w/2nd hand weapon + Full command
Total: 464pts.
10. 96 Night Goblins w/Spears and Shields + Nets, Standard Bearer/Musician
Total: 353pts
11. 25 Night Goblins w/HW and Shields, Standard Bearer
Total: 85pts.
12. 20 Night Goblins w/short bows, Standard Bearer + 1 Fanatic: 95pts
13. 5 Wolf Riders: 50pts

Special:
14. 38 Black Orcs w/shields and Full Command
a. Banner of the Eternal Flame
Total: 539pts
15. Troll: 35pts.

Rare:
16. Arachnarok Spider: 290pts
17. Mangler Squig: 65pts
18. Mangler Squig: 65pts
19. Rock Lobba: 85pts
20. Rock Lobba: 85pts
21. Doom Diver: 80pts

Total: 2999pts.

Pics of my army:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Here's the dwarf steam tower I made to attack my orc fort.
user posted image
user posted image

--------------------------------------------------------------

His army:

1. Dwarf lord on shield bearers, w/gw, other stuff
2. Bsb w/+1CR rune
3. Runelord with item that steals a power dice and spellbreaking rune
4. 28 hammerers w/command
5. 25 crossbows w/command
6. 25 longbeards w/command
7. 10 thunderers w/standard
8. 2 cannons, engineers
9. 2 organ guns
10. Grudgethrower w/all the trimmings
11. 2 gyrocopters

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scenario: Meeting Engagement, but no rolls for reinforcements

My spells were: lvl 1: ere we go, lvl 4: brain bursta, hand of gork, fists of gork, foot of gork

The objective card that I played was: Take the Field!
I got +500vp for controlling more table quarters with fortitude than my opponent. You needed more fortitude to control a quarter. Also one of my core units was allowed to make a vanguard move at the start of the game. This would be great for my savage bigíuns.

The objective card that he played was: Operation Anaconda!
He got +500vp(in addition to the normal +100) for killing the enemy general. He also could at the start of one of his turns give his general +1LD that would last until the start of his next turn. Max LD10, so it wouldnít help his dwarf lord at all.

So I started with Vanguarding my wolf riders and Savages. I also won roll to go first.

Pic at start. I took this as I was doing my movement phase.
user posted image
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Orc turn 1:

1. He easily dispelled my magic. I was trying to hand of gork my savages into easy charge range next turn, as I knew they would suffer immense shooting in his turn.
2. I concentrated fire on an organ gun close to his Hammerers. One lobba scattered onto his thunderers, killing 3. My doom diver landed on a gyrocopter, destroying it.
user posted image
--------------------------------------------------------
Dwarf Turn 1:

1. His thunderers killed 3 wolves, but I passed panic.
2. He fired one cannon at my arachnarok, but only did 1 wound.
3. All the rest of his shooting, fired at my savages, killing 16 of them.
user posted image
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Orc turn 2:

1. My ng horde failed animosity and was forced to charge, but failed to reach his thunderers.
2. My savages tried to charge an organ gun but failed. My wolves charged the other organ gun, My troll failed to charge that same organ gun.
3. Magic again had no effect.
4. My doom diver landed on his other gyro, but only did 2 wounds.
Both my lobbas went for his hammerers and I killed 3.
5. My wolves managed to kill 2 organ gun crew and lost one in return, he passed his stubborn check.

Dwarf turn 2:

1. He decided to land his longbeards on one mangler. I had explained to him what they did if he landed on them, as he hadnít faced them before. He chose to do so anyway. I rolled for 14 hits and killed 10 longbeards.
2. His gyro then killed 9 of my generalís unit ngís. I lost 6 black orcs and 8 more savages to shooting and he did another couple wounds to my arach.
3. In combat, I managed to destroy his organ gun.
user posted image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orc turn 3:
1. Ng horde failed animosity again and failed another charge on his thunderers.
2. Troll failed a charge at his cannon. My remaining wolf charged the cannon as well.
My savages made the charge on his remaining organ gun.
3. My remaining mangler went through his longbeards, killing about 5 or 6 more.
4. My arach short bows killed a longbeard. I fired everything else at his gyro, trying to save my generalís unit and either misfired, missed or rolled 1ís to wound with all 3 shots.
5. My wolf was killed by his cannon crew.
My savages tore the organ gun apart, but their overrun, put them into his 2nd cannon and not his crossbows.
user posted image
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dwarf Turn 3:

1. His longbeards w/runelord charged my arach, his crossbows charged my savages flank.
2. My fanatic missed his gyro as he made another pass at my generalís unit, killing 7 more. I made another panic check, but I was running out of unit.
3. His remaining shooting only managed to kill 1 black orc and my troll.
4. The savages killed all 4 cannon crew and 2 crossbows, but he only managed to kill 2 savages in return, making it an 8-8 tie. So I combat reformed to face his crossbows head on.
My arach kills all his unit other than his runelord, who panics and breaks, fleeing directly onto my mangler, who does not kill him, but my arach does kill him in pursuit. We had to ask to see what the mangler did, as the 7 he rolled landed him square on the mangler. But I was unsure if the mangler would hurt me as well. It was decided that since flees happen first the mangler hurt the runelord, then died, before my arach got there.
user posted image
Orc turn 4:

1. At the worst possible time, my generalís unit fails animosity and has to squabble. I had planned on him and my bsb escaping into my ng horde.
2. Instead, I try to charge the horde at his grudgethrower, but fail and charge my black orcs at his remaining cannon. My arach also charges the rear of his crossbows.
3. I still have no luck with magic, even with his runelord dead, as my great shaman canít see much to use foot of gork and is out of range to hand of gork anything that I want moved.
4. I concentrate shooting again at his gyro. One lobba could not fire this turn, from last turns misfire. The other missed entirely and my doom diver misfired and skittered along the ground and into the river.
5. My savages and arach, tore his crossbows apart and broke them, running them down. My black orcs did the same to his cannon crew, overrunning into his thunderers.
user posted image
---------------------------------------------------------------
Dwarf turn 4:

1. He counter charges my black orcs with his lordís hammerer unit.
2. His grudgethrower kills all but 1 of my generalís unit, so all that remains is him, my bsb and standard bearer.
His gyro kills 11 from my archer unit, but they pass panic.
3. In combat, I kill 3 hammerers and 6 out of 7 thunderers, but I take mass casualties and lose combat. My black orcs break and are run down. My ng horde passes panic.
user posted image
Orc turn 5:

1. Argh. Now my savages fail animosity and are forced to squabble.
2. I charge my ng horde at his last thunderer, who flees. I pass my re-direct test to charge his grudgethower, but despite only needing a average roll, I fail that charge. Ugh.
I had figured I could destroy that crew, then overrun off the table, saving me from his hammerers. My genís unit could always flee from a charge from the hammerers and still be on the table at the end of the game as it was already turn 5.
3. No magic as my savages are squabbling.
4. I finally take out his gyro with my shooting.
user posted image
------------------------------------------------------------------
Dwarf Turn 5:
1. His generalís unit charges my ng horde who holds.
2. He rallies his last thunderer(we forgot he needed double 1ís).
3. His grudgethrower lands square on my bsb killing him, my standard bearer and doing a wound to my general. My general passes panic.
4. In combat he kills my shrieking blade big boss in a challenge doing 1 overkill. He kills a around 7 or 8 ngís, but thanks to my large number of ng attacks, my 3 remaining gw characters and re-rolls for hatred, I kill 7 hammerers. I pass my steadfast check.
user posted image
----------------------------------------------------------------
Orc turn 6:

1. My little archer unit squabbles, keeping me from getting my general safely into them. Sigh.
2. My arach charges his lone thunderer. He flees. I redirect into his grudgethrower and make the charge, killing his fleeing thunderer in the process.
3. I have nothing to shoot at or use magic for.
4. He issues another challenge. Now something weird happens. A rule I was not aware of. Where since his shieldbearers attack first, they manage to kill my ng big boss, before his lord can strike, so now his lord cannot fight and gain overkill to my big boss. Otherwise, I actually manage to win combat this time, but he passes his stubborn check. My arach wipes out his g

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dwarf turn 6:
1. He kills another ng big boss, I lose this combat, but pass my last steadfast check. I wasnít able to wipe out his hammerers, but it was close.

Victory for Greenskins. The scenario and my objective card helped me out a lot, but letting me start a lot closer to him and keeping me from having to cross that river with most of my army to reach him.

Game 2 will be vs High Elves. I'll try to get the next 4 battle reports up soon. Maybe 1 a day.

This post has been edited by Shimmergloom on Apr 25 2012, 10:50 PM
Shimmergloom
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 07:14 PM

Warboss

Game 2 will be vs High Elves.

This scenario was land grab. It is basically pitched battle, with each controlled table quarter being worth 400vp and each contested quarter being worth 100vp. To control or contest you must have fortitude in the table quarter.
My objective card was to successfully flee a charge for 500vp. I forget what he played.
His army:
1. High elf lord, 4+ ward, riding dragon
2. High elf bsb w/dispel dice banner
3. Lvl 2 mage w/beasts
4. Lvl 2 mage w/life, scroll
5. Lvl 1 dragon mage, riding dragon
6. 25 spearelves w/command
7. 15 sea guard w/command
8. 3 units of 10 archers, I think 1 had a banner.
9. 30 swordmasters w/command
10. 30 white lions w/command

I won roll to go first.
Orc 1:
1. Savages start by failing animosity and being forced to squabble. There goes most of my magic phase.
2. I make up for this in shooting, where I get a direct hit with a lobba on his lord. I randomize so it hits his lord. I wound. Then he fails his ward. I roll for 4 wounds, killing his general outright. To make things even worse for him, his dragonís reaction is to stay right where it is and not move.

Now since right now Iíve only earned the 100pts for killing his general, I put the rest of my shooting on his dragon. I get 2 more direct hits and do 4 wounds.
user posted image
-----------------------------------------------------------
High Elf turn 1:

1. He casts his spell to get +2T. I donít remember this lets him heal a wound, so I donít dispel. Now his dragon has 3 wounds left. Next he gets dwellers off with IF on my black orcs, he heals another wound to his dragon and then kills 18 of my black orcs. Ugh.

His miscast puts 1 wound on all his casters.
user posted image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orc 2:

1. I charge my arach at an archer unit.
And charge my wolves at his archers on the hill.
2. I swift reform my black orcs to get them out of there. I could pretty much lose the entire unit before it can strike to those white lions now. Not to mention the other dragon lurking over there.
3. I try to hand of gork my mangler, but he dispels.
I try to foot of gork his dragon, I get a direct hit, but fail to wound.
4. I put all shooting at his dragon again. I get 2 more direct hits from my lobbas and veer my doom diver back onto it as well, but all that only does 3 wounds. Leaving him with 1. Iíve gotten 7 direct hits on this thing between war machines and foot of gork and itís still alive, argh.
5. My arach wipes the archers away and combat reforms to face his spearelves. My wolves lose combat and flee and are cut down by the archers.
user posted image
-------------------------------------------------------------------
HE turn 2:

1. He puts his archers who beat the wolves, onto a mangler killing it and them.
2. He then does the flesh and stone again for his lions, with IF. He uses his lore attribute to heal that mage first. Then the miscast is again putting a S6 hit on all mages. This kills his dwellers mage, his fire mage and puts his life mage back to 1 wound. This dragon gets frenzy/hatred for the rest of the game.

user posted image
Orc turn 3:

1. My arach charges his spearelves.
2. He dispels my foot of gork on his dragon.
3. One lobba misfires and canít shoot this turn, the other scatters off the table, but my doom diver does manage to take the final wound off his dragon, killing it.
4. My arach does massive damage to his elves, but he passes his steadfast check.
user posted image
HE turn 3:

1. His firedragon has to charge my troll.
2. With not much magic left he puts another flesh and stone on his lions with IF. So again he heals himself and again he puts another wound on himself.
3. He easily kills my troll and overruns so I can hit it with either my savages or ngís and have good position for my mangler vs it.
user posted image
Orc turn 4:

1. I charge my ng at his fire dragon, but not my savages as I worry about their flank vs the white lions on an overrun.
I then send my mangler through my ng horde and his dragon. I kill maybe 5 or 6 ng, but do 3 wounds to his dragon.
2. I try to foot of gork his lions, but scatter so that I only kill maybe 1 or 2.
3. I shoot my doom diver at his archers in a building, but only kill 2 or 3.
I misfire with one lobba and it destroys itself(it was going to be charged by his sea guard next turn anyway).

My other lobba scatters off the swords and hit nothing.

4. His dragon kills a bunch of ng(he had used his breath weapon vs the troll already) and does 1 wound to my warboss, but the combination of my 4 characters and other ng, kill his dragon. I donít overrun, because it would take me through my own mangler and likely out of gen/bsb range.
user posted image
---------------------------------------------------------------------
HE turn 4:

1. His swords charge my ng horde. This makes him go through my mangler, which he does anyway as he is way behind and needs the points. My mangler kills a few swords.
2. I roll a 1 for nets. Sigh. He kills all 3 of my ng big bosses and over a dozen more ng with his swords, but I pass my steadfast check.

user posted image
-------------------------------------------------
Orc Turn 5:

1. Things can still go wrong, so since my savages pass frenzy, I donít charge them at his swords(which just gives him a free charge on them with his lions) and with his sea guard lurking behind my general/bsbís unit, I stay put with them, just reforming the latter to face the sea guard.

I do charge my arach at his swordís flank and it makes it.
2. I shoot my lobba and doom diver at his seaguard, I kill 9 of them, causing them to panic and flee.
3. My arach/ng horde now are able to beat his swords, he flees and I cut them down in pursuit.

user posted image
---------------------------------------------------------
HE turn 5:

1. He just reforms his lions to face my ng horde/arach and rallies his sea guard.
Orc turn 6:
1. Since he made no move toward engaging my savages, I just stay back and we agree to end the game.
--------------------------------------------------------------
I know that on average his 30 lion attacks + bsb could kill 16-20 savages and on average, I would lose by at least 1. I could gain a ton of points if he rolls below average and I roll above, but otherwise all I have to gain is losing 300vp for controlling a table quarter and instead having it contested by his lions, if I broke and ran.

So victory to the greenskins. I was at around 4500 vps, so near the max of 5k anyway. The one thing I hated was that I forgot to flee from a charge to pick up those easy 500vp.
Game 3 will be vs Ogres.
Shimmergloom
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 03:19 AM

Warboss

Game 3 is vs Ogres.

This scenario was Dawn attack, but no reinforcements. You just had to place a minimum of 2 units in each zone. If you had less than 6, there was something you were suppose to do, but I forget what it was.

My objective was kill his general and I can get +1LD from my general for one turn.

His objective was keep his most valuable unit above half for 500vp.

His army:
1. Slaughtermaster general, fencers, glittering scales, scroll, rune maw lore.
2. Slaughtermaster, hellheart, greedy fist, death magic
3. BSB, not sure what he had.
4. Firebelly lvl 1.
5. 9 bulls w/command, fists
6. 8 guts w/command
7. 6 guts w/command
8. 3 fangs w/command, I assume the re-roll banner
9. 2 fangs w/standard
10. Tusk
11. Tusk
12. Tusk
13. Ironblaster
14. 4 maneaters w/command and braces of pistols, scouts

user posted image
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ogres first turn.
1. His Ironblaster does 6 wounds to my arach, right off the bat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orc turn 1:

1. The disaster continues. My ng horde rolls double 1 for animosity, squabbling my savages in the process and taking out another magic phase for the most part(and no, see a black orc big boss is useless in this situation, the savages would be squabbling anyway and you canít afford to put a blk orc big boss in every single unit). Then my generalís unit rolls double 1ís as well, putting my ng horde in another fight.

My arach fails a charge at his tusk that is on the hill a bit, I am forced to try it to desperately get into combat.
2. AndÖmy brilliant plan to deal with his maneaters falls apart now. I roll triples for the mangler I had over there, killing it. Which panics my ng archers w/fanatic, who were also there to help and they flee. And my doom diver and rock lobba in range panic and canít shoot this turn either.

user posted image
Ogre 2:
1. He charges my wolves with his small fang unit, I hold so I can countercharge with my savages.
He also charges his maneaters at my doom diver.
2. He finishes off my arach with his ironblaster. And destroy my doom diver with his maneaters. And destroys my wolves, who only manage 1 wound. He does not overrun.

user posted image
Orc 2:

1. My savages fail animnosity again and are forced to charge. Itís a longer charge than I hoped for, but I have to charge anyway and fail. And in the isnít this neat file, my ng horde fails animosity, is forced into a long charge and fails.

My troll rolls 10 and 11 for stupidity and is stupid. Ugh.

2. I charge my black orcs at a tusk that flees and gets away.
3. And of course, my 2nd mangler who has perfect shot on his guts and bulls, rolls triples and dies.
4. My one good part of the game, my lobbas and foot of gork boosted manages to kill 4 from his 8 strong gut unit, keeping him from achieving his objective. Which in effect keeps him from getting 500vp toward winning the game if the game were even close.
user posted image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ogre 3:

1. He charges left lobba and destroys it and charges my troll which his small gut unit, he breaks it and kills it, pursuing into my bunker.
user posted image
Orc turn 3:

1. I decide to not try to charge his fangs with my savages as he had moved them back a bit and instead reform to face his maneaters at my savages rear. I figure I would rather be rear charged by 2 fangs and have 6 savages fighting them, then be rear charged by 4 maneaters.

I charge my blk orcs at his small gut unit fighting my bunker.

And charge my ng horde at his firebelly, who flees.

2. I beat his small gut unit, but he gets away, I combat reform my blk orcs.
user posted image
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ogre 4:

1. He gets both his maneaters and small fang units against my savages.
2. He rallies his guts and firebelly.
3. His Ironblaster destroys my remaining lobba.
4. I fluff big time in my rolls and lose 14-12. I only do 2 wounds to his fangs, with 18 attacks and 7 to his maneaters with 35 attacks. Iím still steadfast, but of course I roll a 10. My savages are crushed in pursuit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orc 4:

1. This game is lost, but I still need points. He has a tusk trying to redirect my ng horde which has barely been able to move all game due to animosity and failed charges. I donít want to risk giving my flank to his giant bull unit, so I charge a big boss out at the tusk which causes him to hold instead of flee.
I also charge my bunker at his rallied gut unit.
2. I kill his tusk and beat his guts, but the guts hold.
user posted image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ogre 5:

1. His small fang and maneater units which were off the table, come back on.
2. I beat his guts this time and they run, I cut them down in pursuit.
user posted image
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orc 5:

1. He had moved most of his army back out of charge range of me and has a giant purple sun sitting there as well. I charge his firebelly with my big boss and his giant bull unit w/3 char with my ng horde.
2. I do a wound to his firebelly, but he kills me in return.
3. I lose the horde fight, since I am only fighting 3 characters in the front rank, but I hold from steadfast.
user posted image
Ogre 6:

1. He moves his army back even more, except his small fangs that charge my former bunker.
2. He gets a super fireball off on my gen/bsb, killing my bsb and wounding my general. His firebelly though dies in the miscast.
3. I get my objective by killing his slaughtermaster general. I still lose combat, but pass my break test.
He destroys my former bunker with his small fang unit.
user posted image
Orc 6:

1. Everything is too far for my black orcs to reach, so it is just the combat to deal with.

I canít kill his bsb or other slaughtermaster and lose combat. I need an 8. I have completely forgotten my special objective card rule that gives me +1LD for one turn. I completely forget that I have a one use lucky 7 card that will auto pass my test.

I of course roll a 9 for my test to flee and get cut down.

Major loss for the Greenskins.

The only positives I can take from that game was that I gained my objective and kept him from getting his.

This post has been edited by Shimmergloom on Apr 28 2012, 03:21 AM
Giblit
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 05:38 AM

Orc

Member No.: 4,529

Thanks for taking the time to write these up, I like to see how other Greenskins are faring in the tourny scene. That third game vs the ogres sounds like a rough one...

Unfortunately I think you are playing the Manglers incorrectly as for triples exploding them...unless i'm misinterpreting the rules.

"Mangler Squigs are removed as a casualty when: ... They have gone crazy and rolled a triple for movement"

"Gone Crazy!: Mangler Squigs that make a Ker-Splat! attack go wild...Once Mangler Squigs have Gone Crazy they will move in a random direction..."

I read this as they can roll triples and not explode unless they have already Ker-splatted something. Similar to how fanatics can roll doubles on the turn they are released and not explode. fluffwise the goblins with the manglers have a rough control over the squigs until they have hit something, after they get the random direction rule I see the triples as the two squigs going in different directions and pulling each other apart.

-Cheers, and looking forward to the coming reports!
Shimmergloom
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 01:20 PM

Warboss

Hmmm.

I had asked this before and the consensus was that it was always on triples, not just after going wild.
Shimmergloom
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 04:49 PM

Warboss

Game 4 vs Lizzies.

The Scenario is a Blood and Glory Variant. Instead of the game ending when one army breaks, you instead get 1000vp for breaking your opponent first.

My objective was to keep my casters alive for 500vp. Also for his first turn any double 1ís he rolled would be miscasts, but not IFís.

He played the same card on me.
His army:

1. Slann, General and bsb. Becalming, power dice battery, 4+ ward(2+ vs shooting), miscasts rebound.
2. Slann, ethereal, this one probably had his scroll.
3. Scar vet on cold one, with charmed shield and other stuff.
4. Scar Vet on cold one, with enchanted shield and other stuff.
5. 24 saurus w/command
6. 26 temple guard w/command + shields
7. 24 skinks, 3 krox, command
8. 10 skinks
9. 10 skinks
10. 10 skinks
11. 10 skinks
12. 3 terradons
13. 3 terradons
14. 8 or 9 chameleons
15. 8 or 9 chamelesons
16. 2 sallies
17. 2 sallies

user posted image
I win first turn.

Orc 1:

1. I charge my ng horde at his terradons that had vanguarded up. They flee.
2. First I put my savages in the middle, because I saw him putting down skink after skink unit and didnít want them to be forced to run off chasing them. But then it turns out that this lets his sallies get on the flank vs my black orcs. Also he had his army under the table so I had no idea what he had or that he had 2 chameleon units. I was assuming 1 unit and protected the left side with a mangler, since that had my doom diver, which I deemed more valuable.
Once he was set up, I saw that his fortitude was 6, so I just needed to take out the temple guard, slann unit to gain 1000vp.
3. I put a boosted eadbutt on his general slann, but fail to wound.
So I of course ignore my plan to take out the temple guard and put an IF boosted foot on his ethereal slann. I do hit him, but then fail to wound, rolling a 2. I put it on him again and this time it scatters to a skink unit, killing 4, but they pass panic.
I get it again and this time finally realize I need to stop worrying with the slann and go for the temple guard. It scatters a bit, but I still kill 4. Then the spell ends. My miscasts wounds me and kills 3 blk orcs.
4. I land a doom diver right on his scar vet with enchanted shield. It takes out one hit, but I still do 2 wounds and kill him outright. Iím having a pretty good start.
I put both lobbas on his temple guard, but both scatter and I only wind up killing 1 skink.
user posted image
Lizzie 1:

1. He lands a skink unit on a mangler. I roll three 1ís and only kill 3 skinks. Ugh. He passes panic. His terradons draw out my fanatic, which doesnít hit them since they are behind a wall. Thereís so much terrain itís going to be useless anyway.
2. He miscasts purple sun, rolling 3 1ís. He just uses his lucky 7 to make the miscast a 7, doing no damage at all.
3. He shoots and destroys my lobba on the right. He shoots a skink unit, 4 sallies, drops rocks at my black orcs killing 11. He misfired once killing 3 skinks.
4. More skinks shoot at my arach doing a wound to it. Other skinks shoot at my savages doing nothing.
user posted image
Orc 2:

1. I charge my small archer unit at his terradons, my horde and arach at a skink unit, my black orcs at another skink unit, they flee, so I try to redirect to his ethereal slann but fail my roll to redirect.
2. He is still calming my lvl 4, so my lvl 1 with foot of gork, boosts it up again at his temple guard. I hit partly after a scatter, but only kill around 3 and then the spell ends.
3. My doom diver gets a direct hit on his other scar vet, but I only do 1 wound.
4. My arach/ng horde wip out his skinks. I make a big mistake here, I test to not pursue with my ng horde, worrying about their flank.

This is stupid because itís all about me being steadfast long enough for support to come in. So I should not care if I get charged by temple guard and his krox/skink unit, because I just need to hold and counter charge with the arach and/or savages or black orcs the next turn.

So I only pursue with my arach(which is what I should have tested to not pursue with) which catches them and he has the angle to hit the krox/skink unit dead on.

My archer unit loses big time and flees.
user posted image
Lizzie 2:

1. He cuts down my fleeing ng archers and charges my remaining lobba with his other terradons.

2. He continues to cut down my black orcs with salamander fire. Those long templates and -3 to armor just make me defenseless.
3. My arach kills a bunch of skinks, but I am not allowed to thunderstomp, which is a stupid rule. His krox only does 1 wound to me though. He holds.
user posted image
Orc 3:

1. I use my lucky 7 to ensure that my ng horde charges his temple guard. To make this a good decision, my black orcs need to charge his saurus now. I fail this charge. Itís not the flank that is going to matter here from his saurus, itís that it will keep his slann from breaking and after another shooting round my blk orcs will not be in shape to do much of anything.
2. I lament not having hand of gork, which would bail me out big time by letting me try and lift my savages in front of my black orcs.
3. My arach continues killing his skinks, but takes 2 more wounds.
My ng horde throws their nets on themselves. However despite this, I actually win combat, because he puts almost all his attacks on my characters, killing none of them. I kill around 7 TG.

He loses combat.

He rolls a 10.

Can I win it right here?????

No. He makes the re-roll.
user posted image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Lizzie 3:

1. He starts surrounding me with his chaff units and just decimates my black orcs with shooting and magic.
2. He gets off the +1A spell and has charged his saurus into my ng horde flank.
1. My arach wipes out his skinks, but not his krox, I am down to my last wound on my arach, who canít even kill a krox.
3. I am able to kill more temple guard, but lose a big boss. I lose this time thanks to his saurus warriors, but I hold from steadfast.
user posted image
Orc 4:

2. My generalís unit fails animosity and squabbles. Just when I needed to get them out of that unit and into my savage unit.
3. I need to get my troll into the arach combat to save its life, but forget to declare the charge from it and my black orcs(who really shouldnít charge, I just need something to try and win that combat. I know I can wipe the temple guard out, but I need to take 1 more fortitude point off to get 1000vp) instead rolling for my mangler after I do animosity. He wonít let me charge my troll, but lets me charge my black orcs.
4. His krox finishes off my arach.

I still lose combat from my ng, heís down to 1 temple guard. My black orcs break and run, my horde holds.
user posted image

I forget to take pics after this as we were hurrying. He thought we had to be finished by noon and lunch was over at 1pm. But we had a new schedule, where round 4 started at 9:15(we really started at 9:20) so we had till 12:15 to finish and we had 1hr 15min for lunch instead of 1hr, so we could play a bit into lunch without really missing lunch time. He doesn't realize this till late in the game when one of his friends tells him there's a new schedule and we don't really start round 5 till 1:45 and are just suppose to be back from lunch by 1:30.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lizzie 4.

1. He charges my fleeing black orcs cutting them down.
He charges my bunker with terradons and his scar vet and 2 krox.
2. He decimates my savages with shooting and magic.
3. I challenge his scar vet with my general and kill it before it can strike. I still lose the combat, but hold.
I finally wipe out his temple guard. He is down to fortitude 4, I am at 6. But with the saurus in my flank I have no hopes of taking them out or the slann now, unless I get really lucky with my rolls. I donít have to worry about that, as my horde breaks anyway and is cut down by his saurus warriors. He had doom and darkness on me, making me ld 5 with a reroll. He just had too much magic this turn, I could barely dispel any of it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orc 5.

1. This is going to be our last turn. My last chance to pull this out. I Have to charge some terradons that are blocking me from his saurus warriors, which if I can break, I will win the blood and glory chase part of the battle.
2. Magic is still a no go, since my lvl 1 is dead and heís becalming my lvl 4, which just has spells that are no use to try. I canít brain burst, eadbutt, fists of gork or ere we go my way out of this.
3. Shooting is all dead, so to combat. I wipe out his terradons and overrun into his saurus.
His krox wounds my general and kills my bsb. Now I am at 4 to his 4. My general and his unit holds.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lizzie 5.

1. Well this is it. I need to break him before he breaks me. I will probably still lose but it will be very close.
2. I dispel a soul leech on my general. But he has another sniper spell on my general doing 3 wounds. I need to roll 2 fiveís out of 3 to make one ward and live.
I only save one and now I have broken. At this point I thought I could still get 1000vp for breaking him too, but then I read that it does say first person to break.
My savages easily break and chase down his saurus to end the game. Without my general to keep them in the fight, my bunker unit breaks as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When we figure it up, I am down by 2200, so if my general had been able to live, then I could have won, assuming my bunker doesnít break. The 1000vp is a 2k swing, putting me down by 200. My general is worth 103 + 100 bonus, + 85 for bunker + 25 for banner. So I would have been up 113 with a couple of rolls going my way.

It was a tough game. So much shooting and magic is always my Achilles heel. Orcs are really just sitting ducks to magic and low armor makes even low strength shooting decimate them.

But now I am 2-2 and have lost 2 straight games to people in a club who are my clubís main competiton for the Top Club prize.

Last game will be another game vs Ogres.
Shimmergloom
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 04:52 PM

Warboss

Last game, Game 5.
Vs Ogres.

This is a straight up pitched battle.
My objective is to just keep my black orcs above half for 500vp.
He is using the magic one against me, so my double 1ís are miscasts on turn 1. And he needs to keep his casters alive for 500vp.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
His army:
1. Slaughtermaster general, maw lore, 4+ ward, gw
2 . Slaughter master, I think it was life magic? Gw, hellheart.
3. Bsb bruiser, not sure what he had.
4. I think he had a butcher or firebelly, I canít remember.
5. 10-12 guts w/command
6. 10-12 guts w/command
7. 9 bulls w/fists, command
8. 2 units of 3 leadbelchers
9. 2 units of 1 sabertusk
10. 4 mournfangs w/command and the re-roll banner
11. Somewhere in there is the banner of discipline.

This was basically the softest Ogre list I could imagine.

The only thing about in this game is that it is yet another river table. Making 3 out of 5. The positive is that he needs to come across this river, I donít.

He wins roll to go first.

user posted image
Ogre 1:

1. He gets the regen bubble off with IF, using his general. Then he miscasts and gets sucked into the void, right off the bat. He also kills 2 guts from the miscast. This is a huge blow to him, his LD is now just 7 for most of his army.
2. In shooting he kills a mangler with 1 belcher unit, but the other fails to wound my other mangler.
user posted image
----------------------------------------------------------------
Orc 1:

1. I move my hordes toward the rivers edge, but not into it. I know that I donít need to cross the river and doing so hurts me worse than him.
2. Iím super cautious in magic since double 1ís are miscasts. I donít really accomplish anything.
3. In shooting it all scatters off the fangs, my doom diver hits his belchers and I kill 1. This panics them and they flee.
user posted image
Ogre 2:
1. He decides to go all out charge, since he canít take a shooting onslaught at ld7.
He charges his bulls and guts at my savages and his fangs at my black orcs, the fangs fail their charge.

His movement draws out my fanatic, which skitters across the bridge, killing 1 bulls(4wounds and 1 irongut(4 wounds again, they land on the fanatic in their charge).

But thatís not the bad part for him. He rolls 5 1ís for DT on his bulls, killing 2 more and 2 1ís for his guts killing another.

So heís lost 3 from each unit with the charge.

He uses a tusk to kill my remaining mangler.

In combat, he kills around 13 savages, but I decimate him in return, reducing him to insane courage. He fails both, I pursue the guts and cut them down. I lose 2 or 3 savages in my pursuit.
user posted image
Orc 2:

1. My savages fail animosity and are forced to charge his belchers, which I wanted to charge anyway.
My archers squabble.
MY arach charges his fangs, but fails.

I get my gen/bsb out of the bunker and into the horde.
2. My lvl 4 Is not in good range or LOS for anything really.
3. I continue shooting at his fangs, but do nothing much.
4. My savages destroy his belchers and the fleeing bulls.
user posted image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ogre 3:

1. His fangs charge my blk orcs. He has a tusk charge my doom diver in a building.
2. He uses his hellheart and just needs a 3 to reach my shamans. He rolls a 2. Nothing is going his way.
3. His fangs decimate my blk orcs killing 15. I realize I have my bsb way away now, so need to make the 8 roll on one try, so that my arach can get the flank of the fangs next turn.

I make it and hold.

His tusk destroys my doom diver.
user posted image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orc 3:

1. I charge my arach into the fangís flank and I swift reform my savages.
2. I get hand of gork off and move my savages to his guts rear.
3. My arach and blk orcs decimate his fangs now and he flees. But gets away.
user posted image
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ogre 4.

1. He doesnít rally his fang and reforms his guts to face my savages.
user posted image
Orc 4:

1. I charge my arach at his fleeing fang, chasing it off the table. My savages charge his guts as does my lone troll.

2. Things are going my way so much that I get a direct hit on his lone tusk with a lobba and kill it.

3. In the final combat, he kills my troll, but I have decimated his guts w/slaughtermaster and bsb. He breaks and runs and is cut down ending the game.

Victory for the greenskins.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This game was a reverse of my last game vs ogres. All the rolls went my way, all the rolls went against him. The river hurt him and had no real effect on me. But thatís why I hate having so many rivers on tables, because it almost always greatly favors one player over the other one. This player was from my club, I assume the painted requirement to be eligible to win prizes was why he didn't have his ironblasters or thundertusk.

I even wind up getting my objective by having 21 black orcs out of 38 still alive. This is also why I did not pursue them vs the fangs. I only needed to roll two 1ís for DT tests to lose 500vps. So I tested to restrain them. Worst case scenario otherwise was that he rallied his 1 fang and then my arach charges it and likely kills it.

So I finish the tourney, 3-2.

Iíll post up a summary of everything in my next post.
Shimmergloom
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 05:56 PM

Warboss

I was happy to go 3-2. This is the best I have done with Greenskins in 4 tries at Brawler Bash. First 2 times in 7th, I was 2-8. Now in 8th the last 2 times I am 5-4-1.

As for the tournament, the only thing I continue to dislike is all the rivers. They let us bring a bridge this time, which you saw from my pic, but that isn't really the point. It just makes the game unfair for one opponent more often than not.

The No Comp situation to me turned out to be a non-issue. I don't know about anyone else, but for my personal experience, I faced far tougher and unbalanced lists the 3 years we had a lot of comp. Including the 3rd year when we had the WPS system. I used dark elves that year, which were considered medium hard, but that year I faced much tougher lists than anything I faced the last 2 years which had little to no comp.

For this year I think that part of it was the no grand armies aspect, but moreso, I think that the game does indeed appear to be balanced for 3k. It makes the superspells less effective and forces you to take more units, since you can't just load up on more of the things that are scary at 2500 and less, because of the no grand armies aspect.

So I really like this format.

As for prizes, I came in 10th out of 32 not counting the ringer(the ringer played 2 or 3 games, so I am not sure what happened, since that makes it appear that there was an uneven amount). Also hilariously the ringer was undefeated.

This is also the best I have ever done. I am using placing in the 20's, so a top 10 is a big accomplishment, I think. The best greenskin player was an all savage/forest goblin list which came in 2nd and won player's choice for best painted.

Here is his army:

user posted image

user posted image

Our club won Best Club, Best Overall and Best General(Both of those were our Beastmen player, who was the only Beast player there). We also had someone go 5-0, but unfortunately his army was not fully painted. He misunderstood the rules thinking it said you didn't have to be painted to win. I actually didn't even notice that you had to be fully painted to win, this must have been something that changed. Although someone said it was the same as last year, but I didn't notice that either. Best Club was determined by top 3 placements, add the places and lowest score wins. We had 1, 2 and 10, the next closest was 4, 5 and 7. I lost to 4th and 5th, so I almost blew it for us, lol.

So with all that said, this was a great tourney overall.
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 08:40 PM

Motm july 2005, the goblin mad mod, WAAAGH!!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 1,643

Nice tourney report, I enjoyed reading it. That savage orc army looks pretty nice. I think I have seen it before somewhere.

Cheers,
G
Groznit Goregut
Posted: May 1 2012, 08:02 PM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 2,381

Thanks for posting, Shimmer! I really did appreciate it as I couldn't make it at the last minute. I did wonder how it would be. Some of those armies would've given me a rough time. I know it takes a lot of effort to recall your details, take pictures, post it, and write it all up! I know that a lot of people do appreciate it, even if they don't post.
Marukas
Posted: May 8 2012, 08:27 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 6,431

Nice battle reports. You have realy bad luck with those ogres...

And manglers die on triples only after "gone crazy" wink.gif
Shimmergloom
Posted: May 9 2012, 01:52 PM

Warboss

I wish I had realized that before.

Shimmergloom
Posted: May 22 2012, 04:17 PM

Warboss

I was in a local 2500pt tourney this past weekend.

My list:

1. Orc Great Shaman lvl 4, general
4+ ward and dispel scroll
2. Ng bsb, lt armor/shield, short bow
Standard of discipline
3. Savage Shaman, lvl 1, shrunken head
4. Goblin warboss w/gw
5. 3 x ng big bosses w/gw
6. 38 Savage bigíuns w/fc and 2 choppas
7. 89 ng w/spears, shields, nets, standard/mus.
8. 5 wolf riders
9. 20 ng archers
10. 37 black orcs w/shields, flaming banner, standard/mus
11. Troll
12. Arachnarok
13. Mangler squig
14. Mangler squig

For Game 1, my opponent was dark elves. His list from what I can remember:

1. Sorc lord, dagger, 4+ ward
2. Sorc lvl 1, scroll
3. Bsb ridding Pegasus, crown of command, pendant, 1+ armor save
4. 30ish spear elves w/command, standard of discipline
5. 20 black guard w/fc
6. 5 dark riders w/rxb
7. 5 harpies
8. 5 harpies
9. 10 crossbows
10. 10 crossbows
11. 5 cold one knights w/fc
12. Hydra
13. 24 cosairs w/fc, frenzy banner
14. 5 shades w/2nd hw

For this tourney our scenarios were a building in the center of each table that would count as a piece or randomly generated mystical monument type terrain from the 3 types of variants on pg 142 of the rulebook. A different type each round. We were suppose to write down from 1-6 which one we wanted it to be each and then compare notes to decide if we agreed. But since that seemed too time consuming in each game we generated it a different way. In round 1 we rolled off and he won the roll. He chose to make it a building that made bretonnians stubborn, which didnít help either of us, to keep it fair. I did tell him my black orcs came from bretonnia, but he didnít buy it.

I won roll for turn 1.
Orc 1:

1. My bunker and my savages both start by failing animosity, so I would have no magic this turn.
2. I move up what I can.
user posted image
DE Turn 1:

1. He charges his cold ones at my arach and his harpies at my wolves.
2. He makes my black orcs -3M. I have to hold my dice to dispel whithering on my arach. Then I have to use my scroll on mindrazor on his cold ones.
3. He concentrates shooting on my 2 manglers, but only does 2 wounds to the left one and 1 wound to the right one.
4. His cold ones still do 5 wounds to my arach, even without withering or mindrazor, so I think I would have been dead if I hadnít gotten rid of both spells. In return my arach only manages to kill 1 knight. I pass my stubborn check though, even on a 6.

His harpies beat my wolves, who break and run, but get away.
user posted image
Orc 2:

1. My horde fails animosity so canít charge the freaking shades in the building.
2. My troll charges his dark riders, who flee, since my mangler is right there to kill them anyway. However, they flee right in front of my other mangler.
I charge my black orcs who are only M1 at his other harpies, who flee, but this is fine, because my 4Ē failed charge is better than the 2Ē march move that I would have been able to make.
I fail to rally my wolves.
Now my left mangler makes a play for the corsairs but doesnít make it.
However that mangler in front of the dark riders is able to go through them and continue on skirting both his black guard and spear elves. I wipe out the dark riders, kill 9 black guard and about 6 spear elves. This is my one shining moment of the game.
3. I use all my dice(I roll low like 3 for WOM) on trying to hand of gork my mangler in the woods, but he dispels.
4. I only kill 1 more cold one and he does 1 wound to my arach, I pass another stubborn check.
user posted image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DE 2:

1. He charges his corsairs and hydra at my black orcs.
He lands his bsb on my mangler in the woods and I only manage to do 1 wound to it with his armor and reverse ward saving the rest.

His harpies fail to rally.
2. He rolls double 1ís for magic and still manages to whither my black orcs, because of his dagger. So they are only T3.

3. He turned both his crossbow units at my other mangler and kills it. His shades do 2 wounds to my troll.

4. Since I am only t3, I decide to go choppa/shield with my blk orcs, but It is to no avail as I only save like 2-3 wounds and lose maybe 14 black orcs. I do 3 wounds to the hydra and about 5 to the corsairs. I break and run and get cut down.

My arach takes his cold ones down to 2 knights for a 1-1 tie.
user posted image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orc 3:

1. My bunker fails animosity again. I am forced to charge if possible. I figure this means that if I charge my horde at the shades, then I have to charge my bunker at his corsairs, because otherwise my bunker canít charge. So I donít charge my horde, since I do not want my bunker fighting corsairs, even though this means his bsb can charge me next turn. But I figure that is at least better than fighting corsairs and I might get lucky and beat his bsb and break it.

Since my savages had been held up by failed animosity and fleeing wolves being in the way, I charge them at his harpies just to get them moving. My troll tries to charge the shades, but is killed.

I forget to reform my horde to be able to help out my bunker, ugh.
2. I have no magic again because of animosity and my lvl 1 only has fists of gork, which doesnít help me at this point really.
3. My savages destroy the harpies and my arach kills 1 more knight. I just canít get them out of the way.

user posted image
DE 3:

1. He charges his black guard at my savages and his bsb at my bunker.
2. Between killing 5 or so spear elves and power of darkness, he has so many power dice that I canít stop anything. He makes my bunker -3T, my savages -1WS and kills 24 ngís from my horde with pit of shades. I donít bother to remove those casualties, because depending on the coming combat phase, the game may soon be over.
3. He takes my arach down to 1 wound with shooting.
4. I manage to win the bunker fight, but he doesnít flee, so that was my one shot at salvaging my bunker before his next turn.
I lose in the savage fight, but hold from steadfast and pass my test to reform to face him.
user posted image
Orc 4:

1. Ugh, of course my horde fails animosity, so again I will be unable to reform them to help out.
2. I donít get a lot of dice for magic again, so I decide to not try to dispel things and use them all to boost foot of gork. I get it off on his corsairs, roll a hit and kill like a dozen of them. Unfortunately I fail to re-stomp so am unable to really salvage this situation.
3. My savages wipe out his black guard, my bunker loses this time, but I pass my test.

user posted image
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DE 4:

1. He charges his hydra at my ng horde and his corsairs at my bunker.
2. With a low amount of dispel dice(I have 3) and 3 mega spells that I have to stop, he is able to dagger and power of darkness his way into making my savages Int1 and then pit of shades them. I really have no hope to stop either of those and it is iffy just to dispel whitering on my bunker. So I lose a ton of savages, but manage to dispel whithering to keep my general from being T2 and my goblins at t1.
3. Shooting kills my arach and more savages.
4. The corsairs/bsb kill enough goblins to take away my steadfast and I lose by enough to be double 1ís and fail and get cut down. I even manage to break from the hydra, but get away from that pursuit.

user posted image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orc 5:

1. So now it is over for real and my only hope is to keep it from being a massacre.
2. I charge my savages at his shades and rally my ng horde.
3. My savages destroy his shades.

user posted image
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DE 5:

1. So now all I can do is egg him on to charge me with stuff and hope that I can kill/break something to not be massarcred. He does charge me with his bsb, hydra and corsairs at my ng horde and his spear elves at my savage flank, because he also needs to kill more stuff to ensure a massacre.
2. He mindrazors his spear elves and whithers my ng horde by -1T
3. In combat he kills all 4 of my big bosses before I can strike with them. I do one wound to his hydra needing to do 2 to kill it. I still donít break though.
My savages however do break, but get away to end the game.

If I had killed his hydra then it would have just been a regular victory for him. Likewise if he hadnít charged me, it would have just been a regular victory for him, so it worked out for him as killing those big bosses was enough to put him over the top to get the massare.

The final score for this one was:
DE: 1990
Orcs: 945

I really hate shadow magic and hate it with the dagger even more.

Game 2 will be vs VC.
Shimmergloom
Posted: May 22 2012, 04:19 PM

Warboss

Game 2 is vs Vampire Counts.

This time we just rolled to see what the building would be and it came up to be the one where everyone who is forces of destruction has to re-roll ward saves within 6Ē. So immediately for me this means I need to keep my savages away from the building. I also form up my black orcs to not be in horde formation, so that I can get them by it.

His army:

1. Vamp lord lvl 4, general w/asf and more attacks(not sure what these items were).
2. BSB, I think it was a wight, but might have been a Vamp as well.
3. Vamp lvl 1
4. Banshee character
5. Wraith Character
6. 30ish Skellies w/fc. I think they had a magic banner.
7. 30ish ghouls w/champ
8. 30ish grave guard w/fc/shields, not GWís.
9. 2 x 5 wolves
10. Black Coach
11. Vargulf
12. 5 Hex Wraiths

Here is a pic after set up. I won roll to vanguard first, but we both forgot that you canít vanguard that close to each other, so my wolves and his wind up really close to each other.

user posted image

He won roll to go first.

VC 1:
1. His lvl 1 vamp gets wind of death off and it hits my savages and black orcs, killing 4 savages and 6 black orcs

user posted image
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orc 1:

1. I charge my arach and troll at his wolves on the right and my wolves at his other wolves on the left. I charged my arach, because he had placed his hexís opposite my left mangler, so since I planned to move that mangler backwards to keep his hexís from getting an easy kill, I knew that would open up my arach to getting charged by his hexís and locked up in combat with them forever, so wanted my arach away from the hexís as well.
2. I get a boosted foot off with IF and get a hit on his banshee and black coach. I roll a 1 to wound the banshee, so itís ok, but I do 3 wounds to his black coach after he fails his ward. The spell then lets him put the foot on me, he puts it on my ng horde, killing 15 of them, I suffer no damage from the miscast though.
3. I easily beat the right wolves and overrun up. My wolves win by 1, to crumble 1 more of his left side wolves.

user posted image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VC 2:

1. He gets off a long charge with his grave guard + vamp lord + bsb on my savages. He also charges his ghouls at my troll.
2. Then he lands his vargulf on my left side mangler to kill it. I roll the full 18! For hits. I then do 11 wounds. He regens 7 of them, but I still barely manage to kill the vargulf.
3. I dispel his attempt to re-roll hits and scroll his attempt to re-roll wounds.
4. Next he screams at my arach and does 3 wounds to it.
5. In combat, he beats my troll, but I outrun pursuit. He pursues into the flank of my arach.

In the main combat, he challenges with is lord, I answer with my savage champ. He has 7 asf attacks, but fails to do a single wound to my champ. I donít wound him either, but this is a big blow.

His grave guard kill 5 savages. With 44 attacks back and my shaman(who I donít even roll for) I kill 17 grave guard. His bsb whiffs and kills nothing. So his whole unit winds up crumbling from combat res, general, bsb and all. This creates a chain affect where he loses his black coach, remaining wolf unit and his solo wraith character. Along with some ghouls and skellies.

user posted image
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orc 2:

1. Heís in bad shape and basically now we are just finishing out this turn to see if anything changes for him.
2. I charge my horde at his ghouls. 1 ghoul is sticking out from the arach, so I can get my warboss into combat and help out some.
3. I rally my troll.
4. I hand of gork my bunker away from his hexís so thereís no chance he can charge them.
5. He does about 3 wounds to my arach, but I crush about a dozen ghouls and the rest crumble from combat res. I overrun my horde into his banshee and he concedes.

user posted image
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I donít think he expected his grave guard to crumble like that to my savages. I had faced the 8th version of grave guard without the regen banner before and knew I could do a lot of damage turn 1 needing 3's and 3's, while he needed 4's and 4's with far fewer attacks, providing his vamp lord and bsb didnít go crazy. His lord failing to wound at all and his bsb as well though, really hurt him. In 7th my savages could barely dent re-gen grave guard, so itís quite a turn around to see them go down so fast now. I think now you need a mortis engine to make grave guard viable. There was a VC player there who was running double mortis engines, but I didnít play him and I'm not sure if he had grave guard.

Instead in Game 3, I played another VC player.
Shimmergloom
Posted: May 23 2012, 01:54 PM

Warboss

For this final game vs VC, we rolled for the building to be a Wyrding Well. It was an ability that he already had anyway in healing troops, but something good for me.
His list:

1. Vamp lord, lvl 4 riding flying hellsteed, donít know what else.
2. Vamp bsb, lvl 1 riding flying hellsteed, donít know what else.
3. Lvl 2 Necro
4. 35 skellies w/command
5. 20 zombies
6. 25 ghouls w/champ
7. 2 x 5 wolves
8. 3 x 2 vampire bats
9. 12 Black Knights w/command
10. 5 Blood Dragons w/command
11. Vargulf

I won roll to go first.
------------------------------------------------
Orc 1.

1. The game of course starts with my ng horde and bunker both failing animosity and squabbling. Ugh.
2. I charged my troll at a unit of wolves.
He had stacked up a lot of his stronger stuff on the side vs my savages and arach, so since half my army was squabbling, I decided to hold back with that flank and only moved them up a bit, but marched up my black orcs since they had to swing around the left flank.

3. My troll kills nothing, but wins 1-0 due to charging, to crumble 1 wolf.

user posted image
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VC 2:

1. His vargulf charged my troll.
2. 2 bat units land on my manglers killing them both.
3. He gets a spell off on my savages that does d6 s4 hits, but also does an s4 hit to each model in the unit if I move. I let it go, cause right now I donít plan on moving as I want him to come to me, since he has so many knights all stacked together there and I donít want to be combo charged, plus I want to dispel his other things.
4. My troll loses combat, but gets away as he flees.
user posted image
Orc 2:

1. I charge my black orcs and wolves at his left side wolf unit.
2. I rally my troll.
3. I try to boost foot onto his blood knights, but roll a bunch of 1ís and 2ís for not enough power.
4. However, my pitiful amount of short bow shooting is able to take out the remains of his right side wolf unit.
5. And my blk orcs/wolves wipe out the other wolf unit.

user posted image
VC 2:

1. He flies his vargulf up to land in front of my arach.
2. He gets the movement damage spell off on my savages again, killing just 3, but with the vargulf there, I tried and failed to dispel it. I didnít want to fail a frenzy check and do damage while charging that vargulf, so thatís why I tried to dispel. He also did a wound to my troll with something, I think the fire ring.

user posted image
Orc 3:

1. I charged my arach at the vargulf and my black orcs at his last vampire bat unit.
2. I thought the well was a building and tried to enter it. He thought it was impassable terrain. In the book it says that type of terrain is either a hill or obstacle, so we asked the tourney organizer and he said to treat it like an obstacle. This was better for me than just a building as now I could dominate the center with my ng horde and threaten all this infantry.
3. I try to eadbutt his general, but he scrolls it. I get off eadbutt, but roll for only a 3Ē range, so it doesnít reach my savages who are only like 5Ē away.
4. I destroy his vargulf and vampire bats. I decide to overrun with my arach since I am only 12Ē from his blood knights, so he has easy charge range on me, so I might as well try to at least get the charge off on him, but I fail to make it.

user posted image
VC turn 3:

1. He charges his blood knights w/bsb at my arach.
2. He raises a unit of zombies in front of my black orcs. I let this go, because I know that the re-roll hit and wounds spells are coming vs my arach and I want him to at least live through one combat phase so that I can strike back. So I do manage to dispel those spells.
3. His blood knights do 6 wounds to my arach. I pour all my arach attacks into his bsb and kill it. It was overkill, but I wanted it dead, since I was sure my arach would die next phase. I figured that killing a vargulf and vamp bsb was a good deal for an arach.

user posted image
Orc 4:

1. My savages fail animosity and have to charge, which I wanted them to do anyway. I charge my black orcs at his raised zombies, my wolves into the flank of his regular zombies and my ng horde at his ghouls.
2. I get the max of 12 power dice this time. I use 3 to get ere we go off on and it reaches my savages this time. I boost foot on his black knights and get IF. I place it to touch his general.

I roll a hit.
He fails his LOS. I wound and then he fails his ward. I just do 2 wounds to him though. But I kill 5 knights as well.

Then I roll so that I can place it again. So I do the same thing.
I roll a hit againÖ
He fails his LOS AGAIN! Unbelievable.
I kill his General this time as he fails another ward. And 5 more knights.

The spell dissipates now that it has done its job. And to add insult to injury, my miscast just does the S6 hits, which I save both with my wards.

During his crumble he loses his last 2 remaining black knights and a few zombies, ghouls and skellies.

That basically won the game, but he still has a chance since his blood knights can still tear me up.
3. He starts this by killing my arach and reforming to face my savages flank.

I tear into his ghouls and skellies leaving just 3-4 of each left after crumbles. I destroy the raised zombies and manage to win the other zombie fight(I Had hoped I would destroy the ghouls, overrun and get to fight an extra combat there).

user posted image
VC 4:

1. His last chance is to charge my savages in the flank, break them and threaten my horde.
So he charges.
2. He boosts his units by raising more zombies, skellies and ghouls. I dispel his re-roll spell.
3. By casting to boost his ghouls, it also boosted his skellies, which gave me a lot of free combat res for my savages. So while he kills a 3-4 savages and my shaman, I manage to also kill 1 knight and coupled with combat res, this causes his knights to crumble where we call the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Victory to the Greenskins.

Foot of Gork was awesome this game. I think even if I hadnít killed his general, it still would have been great as I would have killed so many knights that it would have damaged his chances anyway. I also think it was a smart decision for me to hang back, since he had all his power in trying to combo charge me.
The wyrding well turned out to take no part in the battle, other than allowing my ng horde to come through it. I wish I had known it was just an obstacle at the beginning as then I wouldnít have needed to swing my black orcs around it and have them not really take part in the game.
« Next Oldest | Wot Weez Wrote | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (5) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1648 seconds | Archive