InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

New Forums
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Nov 7 2011, 06:52 PM

Forest Lurkin' Backstabbin' Night Git

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,578

I'll second Rowdy Grot on the Marketplace idea.
Da Spawn Man
Posted: Nov 7 2011, 08:56 PM

Night Goblin Fanatic!

Member No.: 6,258

I'll third the notion of a marketplace - at least 5 new comers have asked me this...
theorox
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 02:11 PM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

I know that the staffers are reluctant to do this, but I think it would be a good idea too. A place for trades, "looking for bitz" threads and some in lack of a better word ads for things we're selling or looking to buy. We could have a post count requirement or something of that nature to assure that only serious members have acess to that particular feature, and DW wouldn't be responsible for deals happening there I would think. smile.gif

Just a small forum to swap stuff with eachother. Currently it's hard to know where to put those threads, or if they are even legal.

Theo

This post has been edited by theorox on Feb 22 2012, 02:12 PM
Cannibalbob
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 04:27 PM

Orc

Member No.: 3,721

A bitz swapping area would be really useful. When I last trolled around www.the-waaagh.com I got a lot of use out of that section of their forums. It was also a cool place for some of the forum members that compulsively converted to sell some creations to other forum users rather than just using ebay.
Thitanium Prince
Posted: May 9 2012, 09:34 PM

Capo Muso Duro

Member No.: 5,560

I know that's an old topic, but I'd like to second the idea of a marketplace. It would be absolutely useful for everyone. I was actually thinking about that this afternoon.
Like I've seen in other communities, the forum doesn't have the responsibility for the dishonest sellers/buyers, it can only moderate the in-forum discussions. smile.gif
Malleus
Posted: May 15 2012, 02:51 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 6,777

looks like the Marketplace seems to be a hot topic (I also was looking for one/or suitable area to post something regarding a trade/sale)
Vermillion
Posted: May 15 2012, 05:12 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 6,761

Market place for swapping and selling would be good. Was actually looking for one on here to see if I could scrounge up some specific bits smile.gif
EntertainMe
Posted: May 16 2012, 08:28 AM

Big Boss

Member No.: 2,893

I've seen a few market places on other forums and this seems to work pretty well.

If you place a disclaimer above it that Da Warpath is not responsible then this is crystal clear (for the few people who don't understand it).

On some forum I go to they also have a sub-forum with user notes about sellers (couls also be a sticky).
This is where users can report their grudges for not upholding your end of the deal. (e.g. "I ordered some black Orcs from Theo but I'm still waiting three months later")

Most people actually post good user comments (e.g. non-judgemental and straight to the point posting of what you've found this poster was like to deal with).

Needs some moderating and a slap on the wrist from time to time, but it could work.

In hindsight, all I wanted to post was "yeah that'd be cool". Turned out I'm not very good at brief comments biggrin.gif

Grtz
-EM-
Wechselbalg
Posted: May 16 2012, 08:46 AM

Orc

Member No.: 6,442

I would like to see this too.
I have tons and tons of bitz, more than I could use in a lifetime but dont know what to do with them. Since I do a lot commisson work (freelancer I am) and my customers dont want the leftover Bitz, usually - I get more and more and more. Besides that Im building 2 new armies from the ground so again a great source of bitz.
I was at my local GW a few times and "donated" my bitz but Id rather give them to someone here on da warpath because that way theyre used best or at least better and I might get some bitz I really need in return. So Im more for a "swapshop" than a real marketplace but a mp would be nice to have as well.
Warboss Gorbolg
Posted: May 16 2012, 12:21 PM

Orc

Member No.: 6,649

If you do a marketplace, not allowing ebay links is a way that I think other forums keep the drive-by posters away and also cuts down on the use of the forum in general. I suspect that may be a way to set it up so that it's typically more of a swap/exchange forum or one used for small sales for a few extra models, etc.

This post has been edited by Warboss Gorbolg on May 16 2012, 12:22 PM
Wechselbalg
Posted: May 16 2012, 12:24 PM

Orc

Member No.: 6,442

Yeh, no ebay or similiar stuff should be allowed else the section get spammed.
« Next Oldest | Website submissions | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0770 seconds | Archive