Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (42) « First ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Skarsnik's Not-so-greenskins (an Army Blog), A miscasting Night Goblin Shaman!
Thitanium Prince
Posted: Jan 21 2012, 02:48 PM

Capo Muso Duro

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,560

I love the ethereals cause you didn't only slapped some green wash over a white primer, but you made a nice and soft blend towards the black wink.gif
Skarsnik, the lord
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 05:49 PM

Myrrysmies

Member No.: 5,737

Thank you! biggrin.gif

@ Wazoo: It doesn't show well from the picture, but the crossbow isn't loaded and it's broken, and the Zombie himself is blinded. biggrin.gif The ethereals are painted very simply. First spray paint the model white, then start blending it into grey and finally black, all the way towards the end of the model. The head and shoulders should be totally white. Then slap a green wash on the whole model and it's done. This is not my own recipe, but it's pretty common one on the VC forum.

I've been a bit busy as the exam week starts tomorrow and I had to finish a couple of school projects. I'll update the blog on this week.

- Cheers, Skarsnik.
Skarsnik, the lord
Posted: Feb 1 2012, 09:06 AM

Myrrysmies

Sorry for not updating anything here for roughly two weeks, I've been a bit busy with school things, but that doesn't mean I haven't have done painting. wink.gif This time it's a big update of everything I've done in the last two weeks.

First of all 39 Warriors of Tzeentch. They're almost ready, but I still have to do the bases and star symbols on their banners and armour.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

After painting the Warriors, I'm going to paint these dogs. The picture has been taken before green stuffing the gaps...

user posted image

Then some Vampire stuff. I got some very cheap Grave Guards, so here they are.

user posted image

Then some painted Skeletons. These guys are pretty fast to paint. The banner is still WIP.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

And here's a new Spirit Host.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

A group shot of my painted Vampire Counts, that's roughly 460 points worth of models.

user posted image

And finally something from the Goblins... I have started converting a new Night Goblin Big Boss from a Gnoblar. The first layer of robes is ready, but the models is still very, very WIP.

user posted image
user posted image

Next time some more Goblin stuff, yay! laugh.gif I'm going to paint three converted BfSP characters and an another Night Goblin Spear Chukka. Also, I have 11 new Zombies coming. The main project is still WoC, so I'm going to finish the Warriors and paint the dogs too.

- Cheers, Skarsnik.
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Feb 1 2012, 02:30 PM

Forest Lurkin' Backstabbin' Night Git

Member No.: 6,578

Some nice lookin undead you've got there. And the WoC are coming along well. They're gonna look SWEET when they're all done.

Oh, and I'm doing the same thing with the NG Big Boss. Crazy minds think alike!
Skarsnik, the lord
Posted: Feb 1 2012, 05:54 PM

Myrrysmies

QUOTE (Noisy Assassin @ Feb 1 2012, 02:30 PM)
Some nice lookin undead you've got there. And the WoC are coming along well. They're gonna look SWEET when they're all done.

Oh, and I'm doing the same thing with the NG Big Boss. Crazy minds think alike!

Thanks! Actually I got the idea to build a Night Goblin Big Boss from a Gnoblar from your army blog, I hope it's okay... rolleyes.gif I really like the idea.

- Cheers, Skarsnik.

This post has been edited by Skarsnik, the lord on Feb 1 2012, 05:54 PM
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Feb 1 2012, 07:11 PM

Haha, I had forgotten that I posted the beginning WiP of that model. And it is more than okay. I love it when I can pass a good idea on to others to use!
Morkmillian
Posted: Feb 1 2012, 08:19 PM

Orc

Member No.: 6,462

really impressed and slightly jelous at the speed you are working through while still painting great looking models.
i paticuarly like the chaos warriors.
looking forward to more
Skarsnik, the lord
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 12:42 PM

Myrrysmies

Thanks! smile.gif

First of all the Warriors. They're almost ready, only the bases have to be done and I've decided to make bases for the entire army when it's painted.

18 halberdiers with full command.
user posted image

21 swordsmen with full command.
user posted image

The banners.
user posted image
user posted image

Then some new Zombies. This time I have some cheap Zombies for summoning so nothing special.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Then the group shot of Zombies. 22 done, so I have painted 1/10 of them so far...
user posted image

Next time there will be Chaos Hounds and some Goblin stuff!

- Cheers, Skarsnik.
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 03:08 PM

Bahahaha! I LOVE the gnoblar zombie. He's so cute! ^.^ And are you really planning on painting 200 of these guys? Yikes!

I'm also really diggin' the sparkles on the Warriors. Only criticism I have is that although the more blank banner looks awesome, it looks a little empty compared to the one with both the sparkly stars and the big chaos star. Otherwise I have no complaints as these guys look SWEET!
Wazoo
Posted: Feb 4 2012, 05:11 PM

Big Boss

Member No.: 5,687

Very cool! I love it, your chaos warriors are coming along nicely, I love the stars, but I do agree that the blank-ish banner could do with something more, perhaps a planet? The skeletons and zombies are really cool, I really like the gnoblar! Keep it up!

Wazoo
Thitanium Prince
Posted: Feb 4 2012, 07:03 PM

Capo Muso Duro

Member No.: 5,560

The gnoblar zombie should win an oscar, NOW xD
Also the half-guy is nice xD
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
Posted: Feb 5 2012, 09:21 AM

Motm july 2005, the goblin mad mod, WAAAGH!!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 1,643

Great stuff like usual.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
G
Skarsnik, the lord
Posted: Mar 24 2012, 08:13 PM

Myrrysmies

Well, I'm back in business. smile.gif Unfortunately I haven't had time to update this blog for a while (perhana, is that a bit over 7 weeks from the last update!?), but now I'm here again. The Warriors of Chaos project has been going well and everything is painted, except the Warshrine. I'm going to undercoat the Warshrine black tomorrow, and after it's painted, the commission is finally done and I can continue painting my O&G! laugh.gif If you want to see some pictures of the WoC models I've painted, just let me know and I'll send here some pics.

There's a tournament coming roughly after a month, and I have lots of painting to do for it. It's a 2400 points, ETC-comped tournament, so I'm going to take my Ogres to there. For Ogres I need to paint one Butcher and a couple of Mournfangs. Also, a friend of mine wanted to use my O&G in the same tournament (he doesn't own a WHFB army at the moment) so I have lots O&G:s to paint too (only painted armies can be used in the tournament). AND I have to return the WoC army to its owner before this tournament.

So this is my plan. I'm going to paint the couple of Ogres in my normal style for the tournament (after all, it shouldn't take for long). Then I'm going to finish the WoC project and return the army for its owner, and I'm going to paint the O&G army in a basic style for the tournament.

The basic style means I will paint the O&G army with basic colors and wash, no highlights or anything special. The army wouldn't look anything special, but at least it'd be legal to use the army in the tournament. After the tournament I'm going to highlight and finish the models in my regular style. smile.gif

Anyway, last weekend I started painting my Savage Orcs. The Savage Orcs had been sitting on my shelf for a long time, and finally they get some paint on. With lots of good music and patience (and a particularly big paint brush) I did it, all 39 Savage Orcs are now painted in basic colors and wash. biggrin.gif After the tournament I'll start highlighting them and such, but now they're tolerable for a gaming table.

Here's some pictures of my WIP Savage Orc Big 'Uns with additional hand weapons and full command.

First of all a group shot. Hordes are awesome. wub.gif
user posted image

Angry angry Savages...
user posted image

A Savage Orc who really hates spiders...
user posted image

Then a Savage with a bow. I gave one of them a bow and a couple of them got shields, now there's a bit variation in the unit.
user posted image

A wannabe-spider rider with a spear!
user posted image

A spider killing a headless Savage Orc. Nope, it's just killing it. wink.gif
user posted image
user posted image

A couple of Savages carrying a boar.
user posted image
user posted image

Then a filler showing some Savage Orc democracy: humans are going to be ripped apart and goblins are going to be sliced. Nice...
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

One of the spiders didn't want to join the party and climbed on the tree. The squiggly beast on the base is from the new Wurrzag blister.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

The spider is a removable part, so now it'll be easier to transport the model (and the spider can be removed if it's going to be in the way while playing).
user posted image

One of the basic guys.
user posted image

A champion.
user posted image

And finally a musician.
user posted image

So that's all from today. In addition of painting some Savage Orcs, I finished assembling my four war machines (two Lobbas and two Divers) and based them. In the next update there will be some war machines painted in basic style.

- Cheers, Skarsnik. /)
theorox
Posted: Mar 24 2012, 10:03 PM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

They look great! Love all the thematic unitfillers, you really avoided them looking "cheap" and made them look creative. Reasonably simple yet very pretty paintjobs, too. I like the skintone a lot. smile.gif

Theo
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
Posted: Mar 25 2012, 06:41 AM

Motm july 2005, the goblin mad mod, WAAAGH!!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 1,643

The savages look good, wel for being rushed paint jobs. I look forward to the final ones.

Cheers,
G
« Next Oldest | Army Blogs | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (42) « First ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1083 seconds | Archive