InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 8th Conversion Competition: Rank and File Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (52) « First ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Crazy Community Unit Project
cb_rex
Posted: Mar 10 2011, 04:49 PM

Warboss Azbad Bonecruncher

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,967

2 more Orcs based up...

user posted image
fnc821
Posted: Mar 10 2011, 05:01 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 5,766

looking good =) waiting to get paid then ill ship mine out, ill send along the stone base from the chaos terminator sprew maybe that can help rank him up plus i dont need it had it for years and never used it lol

This post has been edited by fnc821 on Mar 10 2011, 05:02 PM
Izzy Gutsnik
Posted: Mar 10 2011, 05:12 PM

Harbinger of Ragnarorc

Member No.: 5,205

This is really starting to look great! It was a wise decision to agree on the colour scheme and Chris offering to base them up. Despite the differences these things still give them a very coherent feel.

Oh, and people that complain about our basic orcs not being great miniatures should really take a good look at what's happening here cool.gif

Edit: send Izzy out yesterday packaged in plastic foil with bubble of air in a normal envelop. Didn't need to fill in any slips declaring what's inside...

This post has been edited by Izzy Gutsnik on Mar 10 2011, 05:14 PM
Artiee
Posted: Mar 10 2011, 07:16 PM

Orc

Member No.: 5,934

Wow.. Looks good. What basing materal you using? What are you using to attach the models to the "stone";
BorkBork
Posted: Mar 10 2011, 07:18 PM

also known as Bonapork

Member No.: 1,951

wow, very impressive. And yeah, looking surprisingly cohesive.

ps: and i just cant stand the suspence when your stuff is in the mail.
cb_rex
Posted: Mar 10 2011, 07:31 PM

QUOTE (Artiee @ Mar 10 2011, 07:16 PM)
Wow.. Looks good.  What basing materal you using?  What are you using to attach the models to the "stone";

Thanks I'm glad you approve of the basing, I was never that good at basing but I've been practising a lot over the last 6 months.

I'm using small bits of slate from the Warhammer basing kit, sand and scorched mix static grass. I paint the rocky bits Charadon Granite then drybrush Astronomican Grey. I paint the sand textured earth Khemri Brown then drybrush Dheneb Stone. The models like yours that are standing on rocks I've used freshly mixed greenstuff to stick them to the bases and I sculpt the greenstuff a bit to blend in with the bits of slate, otherwise I use super glue or polystyrene cement if its plastic on plastic.

I'm pleased how effective just featuring red and having the same style basing is at bringing them all together.

This post has been edited by cb_rex on Mar 10 2011, 07:32 PM
Da Git
Posted: Mar 10 2011, 11:21 PM

Orc

Member No.: 6,067

Da Git iz done! Or maybe Daggit? How's that for a name? smile.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

One one for Da Wall:
user posted image
Paiant Slapah
Posted: Mar 10 2011, 11:54 PM

Big Boss

Member No.: 4,721

Super job on the basing.
It's neat seeing our different styles next to each other like this. Can't wait to see more as they come in.
Da Git
Posted: Mar 13 2011, 12:43 AM

Orc

Member No.: 6,067

Daggit is in the mail. He won't get moving until monday I think, but he will arrive before april.

The background, now with name:

Daggit lives for the fight. He was once a part of the Burning Skull Clan. The clan was small, only a few orcs and the goblin tribes they had subdued, and they had not taken part in any big Waaagh!s in ages. Daggit left the clan in search for good fighting. As he said it: " I go where da foots of Gork lead me."

Following the smell of smoke and sounds of battle he soon found some mighty looking gits, marked with the foot of Gork. They were fighting some humies. Daggit charged the humies in the rear, using the classic Unemployed Orc's Job Application tactic. Thus Daggit joined Da Warpath Mob.
Father Grumpmas
Posted: Mar 13 2011, 01:37 AM

Goblin

Member No.: 4,019

Slitgit & Nigel are finished (or as finished as they are going to be).

Finding it hard to get a shot with them both in focus angry.gif

user posted image

user posted image

IN YA GRILL! yarr.gif

user posted image
Snakebellywagonrut
Posted: Mar 13 2011, 01:45 AM

Lower then a...

Member No.: 4,292

Excellent shading on the shield, and I love the rust. yarr.gif

This post has been edited by Snakebellywagonrut on Mar 13 2011, 11:38 AM
cb_rex
Posted: Mar 13 2011, 02:50 AM

@ Father Grumpmas - Your models has lots of character and that rust effect looks great.
Mudknuckle
Posted: Mar 13 2011, 02:32 PM

Snotling

Member No.: 5,892

I'm going to have to pull out of the competition for two reasons. One, I'm a slacker and have only gotten to priming my contribution. Second, my OnGs are going to be on the shelf for awhile as I will be dipping into a new army. Too many people around here jumping on the OnG bandwagon. I'd hate to win and have the awesome unit not see any action.

BorkBork
Posted: Mar 13 2011, 04:53 PM

also known as Bonapork

Member No.: 1,951

QUOTE (Mudknuckle @ Mar 13 2011, 02:32 PM)
I'm going to have to pull out of the competition for two reasons. One, I'm a slacker and have only gotten to priming my contribution. Second, my OnGs are going to be on the shelf for awhile as I will be dipping into a new army. Too many people around here jumping on the OnG bandwagon. I'd hate to win and have the awesome unit not see any action.

to bad, your idea with the chariot side shield looked promissing.

cb_rex
Posted: Mar 13 2011, 07:19 PM

@ Mudknuckle - That's undrstandable, I've been avoiding working on my HE for the last 8 months as they've been so popular after IoB. I'll remove you from the list and wall. If you change your mind you can always jump back on board there's still a few weeks left, if you don't want to win the unit you can always opt out of the draw so that your model can go to a loving home.

Hows everyone else doing? There's a few people on the list who haven't started/shown their models yet. I'm expecting a few models to turn up this week so hopefully the unit will be 10 strong by next weekend.
« Next Oldest | Painting and Hobby | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (52) « First ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0952 seconds | Archive