Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (15) « First ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Yara Goes On The Warpath, A great day at Warhammer World
Craze_b0i
Posted: Feb 18 2012, 09:10 PM

Warboss

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,714

Wow nice conversion. I would definately remove that sprue though, otherwise he will look like a nob-head. tongue.gif
Yara
Posted: Feb 23 2012, 09:57 AM

Goblin

Member No.: 6,043

Cheers, guys. Here's how he stands at the moment - I've swapped the body in the first photos with another Nob body that has more armour (I think it was the one that came free on the front of White Dwarf when the most recent 40k box was released):

user posted image

I think the extra armour plates make him look a lot better. He's also been cleaned up and glued together. Now to paint him!
Yara
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 10:33 AM

Goblin

So I've finally reached the end of the long-running task that's been dominating my painting table since the end of last year (!?): I've got the unit of 40 Big Uns finished...

user posted image

Looking forward to trying these out on the table soon.
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 11:19 AM

Motm july 2005, the goblin mad mod, WAAAGH!!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 1,643

Nice unit of big'uns, only the look not so tough wink.gif, but keep up the good work.

Cheers,
G
Snikpik
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 11:59 AM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

Yep, they dont look so big but they look ace anyway.
Yara
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 01:45 PM

Goblin

QUOTE (Snikpik @ Feb 26 2012, 12:59 PM)
Yep, they dont look so big but they look ace anyway.

And they'll be dwarfed by the Boss who'll be leading them as well wink.gif ....
azhagmorglum
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 05:35 PM

Big Boss

Member No.: 384

what an impressive view those 40 orcs. I like it very much. Your painting is great as well. Can't wait to see the boss among them.
Thitanium Prince
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 08:09 PM

Capo Muso Duro

Member No.: 5,560

That's impressive! biggrin.gif
EntertainMe
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 12:35 PM

Big Boss

Member No.: 2,893

Your opponents will widdle their pants (and concentrate their fire) when you field these bad boys.

But 40 big uns. That's a massive point-sink mate.
Still looks ace though biggrin.gif
Wazoo
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 05:46 PM

Big Boss

Member No.: 5,687

Cool unit! Very impressive...

Wazoo
Groznit Goregut
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 06:28 PM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,381

Yara, I'm not sure if I asked this before or not, but I noticed that you converted your 6th Ed starter Empire guys to have halberds. I was thinking of doing the same (whenever I actually got around to dealing with them....). Was it hard? Any advice? Yours look really good.

Also, I was wanting to use the BO dragging the human, but I only have the metal ones with 2 hand weapons. I just used some credit with a bitz seller and ordered 2 of the plastic BO to try to duplicate your efforts. I think it looks freaking brilliant.
Yara
Posted: Mar 1 2012, 11:48 PM

Goblin

QUOTE (Groznit Goregut @ Feb 28 2012, 07:28 PM)
Yara, I'm not sure if I asked this before or not, but I noticed that you converted your 6th Ed starter Empire guys to have halberds.  I was thinking of doing the same (whenever I actually got around to dealing with them....).  Was it hard?  Any advice?  Yours look really good. 

It wasn't hard at all. The tricky parts are to make sure you cut the end of the spear square when you chop the tip off, and then that you hold the halberd blade in place until the glue is completely set. Otherwise the end can look wonky.

Did I already post this picture of my halberd unit here?

user posted image

QUOTE (Groznit Goregut @ Feb 28 2012, 07:28 PM)

Also, I was wanting to use the BO dragging the human, but I only have the metal ones with 2 hand weapons.  I just used some credit with a bitz seller and ordered 2 of the plastic BO to try to duplicate your efforts.  I think it looks freaking brilliant.

Thank you! I'd love to see some pictures of yours when it's done.

Cheers,

Yara
Yara
Posted: Mar 3 2012, 11:11 AM

Goblin

And also an overhead work-in-progress shot of the base for the Warboss:

user posted image

I've tried to go for colours that will contrast with the green and red of the Warboss...we'll see if this works!
Groznit Goregut
Posted: Mar 4 2012, 03:15 AM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,381

Thanks for the info on the halberdiers! I have been meaning to convert them for a couple years. I'll get around to actually doing more with them one day....

Well, I did get a single plastic black orc and borrowed some arms that would fit. So, I went ahead and got all that done tonight as I was pretty excited. I sacrificed a Free Company guy for the effort. I had to change the right arm. I almost used an arm with a pistol and a musician arm (with horn). I went with one arm with nothing, though. I did this all tonight:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Thanks so much for the great idea to steal!

This post has been edited by Groznit Goregut on Mar 4 2012, 06:08 PM
Yara
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 01:47 PM

Goblin

Hi Groznit,

I like it very much - glad that what I've posted up here has served to inspire you! Btw, if the arms you currently have are only borrowed and you need some permanently, send me a PM. I've got stacks of those lying around....

I don't think I recognise the head on your Black Orc, though....is it from the 40K Nob box?

Cheers,

Yara
« Next Oldest | Army Blogs | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (15) « First ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1189 seconds | Archive