Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Rate All Armies In From Best To Worst., Where do Orc and Goblins land ?
Shonkhor
Posted: Jan 12 2011, 08:59 AM

Snotling

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,703

Vampires are still awesome. Or rather certain vamp builds are (40 regenerating graveguard, huge blocks of ghouls, 2x MOTBA etc). Deamons are also still right up there with certain lists.

In fact many armies seem like this. One or two very very strong builds that any non-power list is going to have a very hard time against, and which will be competitive against most other power lists.

This, I think, makes it important for players to distinguish between competitive and casual games. I have to admit grumbling a bit when I get a pick up game at the club where I want to 'try something new out' (i.e. use something a bit rubbish) and opposite me out comes a power build.

Thankfully O&G don't seem to have any truly terrifying potential lists, and there are many ways to build a strongish one. I hope this continues in the new book. Skaven on the other hand have many ways to build truly terrifying lists....
lsch1401
Posted: Mar 9 2011, 11:16 PM

Snotling

Member No.: 6,125

Hopefully (for me anyways) the tomb kings will be competitive with the new book. forest spirit wood elves can be a bit dangerous.
Grot muncha
Posted: May 28 2011, 11:21 AM

Snotling

Member No.: 5,721

New tomb kings are extremely potent. Necrotects give nearby troops hatred, and the big monsters(warsphinx, necrosphinx, Necrogiant, tomb scorpion) all prove challenging to take down with most armies.
here's a link to a batrep between new tomb kings and WoC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wztInX6-UFo...6F95C49&index=1
Be warned, it's very long.
Morten C
Posted: Jun 16 2011, 09:36 AM

Warboss

Member No.: 5,542

QUOTE (Grot muncha @ May 28 2011, 11:21 AM)
New tomb kings are extremely potent. Necrotects give nearby troops hatred, and the big monsters(warsphinx, necrosphinx, Necrogiant, tomb scorpion) all prove challenging to take down with most armies.
here's a link to a batrep between new tomb kings and WoC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wztInX6-UFo...6F95C49&index=1
Be warned, it's very long.

but it's nice smile.gif I like the picture videos with voice over better though, i don't need to see every dice thrown. I really like the fact that both armies and terrain was so well created though... that makes for at hole other game! smile.gif

I can't help ranking up the armies though, as there are so many that I haven't even played against sad.gif
JaBolOn
Posted: Jul 7 2011, 01:19 PM

Snotling

Member No.: 6,366

Skaven
WOC
DE
DOC
HE
Lizardmen
VC
Empire
Dwarfs
O&G
Ogres
TK
Bretonnia
Beastmen
Woodelves

Something like that, depends on the list taken anyway.
OrcfromthePlains
Posted: Aug 5 2011, 05:16 PM

Half way to a 40K Fantasy Army (20K pts of Orcs)

Member No.: 877

I tend to think of it more in tiers, than a direct order:

Tier 1: Warriors of Chaos, Dark Elves
Tier 2: Tomb Kings, High Elves, Lizardmen, Skaven
Tier 3: Dwarfs, Vampires, Demons
Tier 4: Empire, Ogres, O&G, Bretonnia, Beastmen, Wood Elves

Basically, I say tone down the books for Tiers 1 and 2, and everything will be well in the Warhammer World.
Izzy Gutsnik
Posted: Aug 5 2011, 09:39 PM

Harbinger of Ragnarorc

Member No.: 5,205

Thinking in tiers as well, but my mileage varies a bit as I don't rate Tomb Kings, Warriors and High Elves that much and Empire, Daemons and VC a lot higher smile.gif

T1: Dark Elves, Daemons
T2: Vampires, Skaven, Lizardmen
T3: Empire, Dwarfs, Warriors
T4: Beasts, Orcs, Brets, High Elves, Tomb kings
T5: Ogres, Wood Elves
Snuggles
Posted: Sep 5 2011, 03:32 AM

Goblin

Member No.: 2,176

Does the new Ogre Kingdom book change the ranking with them at all?
Gralph Boarbiter
Posted: Sep 24 2011, 03:36 AM

Snotling

Member No.: 3,882

Sorry for the minor threadomancy. Here's the way I'd view things, breaking it down into tiers. I am solely referring to "tournament" lists, not everything in the book.

Somewhat Overpowered:

Skaven
Dark Elves
Daemons
High Elves with Teclis/Book of Hoeth
Lizardmen
Warriors of Chaos
Empire

Largely Balanced:

Orcs and Goblins
Ogres
Tomb Kings
Beasts of Chaos

Somewhat Underpowered:

Bretonnians
Wood Elves

I think the 8th Edition books have been amazingly balanced in terms of power, and I'm pretty happy with them all so far.
Gosford
Posted: Jan 9 2012, 05:58 AM

Snotling

Member No.: 6,386

Daemons
DE
WoC
Skaven
VC
Frogz
HE
O&G (DA REEL BEST)
Ogres
Empire
Dwarfs
TK
Brets
Beastmen
Wood Elves

Snuggles
Posted: Nov 8 2012, 10:05 AM

Goblin

How does the new Empire rate on here?
Snuggles
Posted: Apr 2 2013, 08:57 AM

Goblin

1.Sorry for the bump, but Malorian said that the new Empire is so good that he refuses to play them; any idea on where they rank?

2. Any idea on where the new codex's rate on here, such as Ogres, Chaos, Tomb Kings, Empire, ect?
chocmushroom
Posted: May 9 2013, 12:43 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 6,941

QUOTE (Snuggles @ Apr 2 2013, 08:57 AM)
1.Sorry for the bump, but Malorian said that the new Empire is so good that he refuses to play them; any idea on where they rank?

2. Any idea on where the new codex's rate on here, such as Ogres, Chaos, Tomb Kings, Empire, ect?

Greetings all

so, how would I rate, just the new books

Tier 1: Warriors of Chaos, High pointy eard Scum

Tier 2: Vampire counts, Daemons of Chaos, Orc & goblins, Tomb Kings, Orge Kingdom, The Empire

Tier 3: None.

Overall I tohught that all the new books were balanced, until this year, when WoC came out and now if High Crap.

If you want to know why, here it is.

Warriors: don't shoot, but are very fast and hard hitting, they complain that hordes of mauraders are now to expensive. All this means is no cheap troops, just all good troops.

High Elves: Not played them yet, but have read the book. Everything fights in an extra rank and ASF. Magic is worse, but still great. Yes they are fragile, but so are empire and they are only a point or two more. The Pheonix is just sick.

Daemons: Khorne and Tzeenght are worse (except best cannon in the game), Nurgle and Slannesh are better. Magic ok but randomness can hurt own army.

Empire: can be very adaptive, if not good. Acess to all schools of magic, black powder, and all troop types.

Vampire counts: Vampire can be sick, terrogiest is sick, etherial creatures, lack shooting. I would almost put these one tier 1, except the basic troop are just utter squig excrement.

Ogre Kingdoms: Big, Fast, hit very hard. Low leadership... Not sure why these are not in teir 1, maybe because a half decent general can get around their big units.

Tomb Kings: I think they have good magic, average shooting and contructs. Having two toughness 8 beast on the table scares most people who don't have cannons. Combat is not that good and if you can kill one character the whole army will go.

Orcs and Goblins: suffered from being the first book. No MC which it needs to compete with most other armies. I find the magic phase a bit poor compared to other armies, the worse magic item list (Just in what you can/would use in a game) but it is versitile and it does have mangerler squigs.

Just my thoughts
« Next Oldest | Orc and Goblin Stronghold | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0880 seconds | Archive