InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (10) « First ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  ( Go to first unread post )

Orcs And Goblins That Are Not Green!, Upd 120130: BLORC Test mini
Skarsnik, the lord
Posted: Nov 12 2011, 09:29 PM

Myrrysmies

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,737

The Mangler looks awesome! Great work, as usual. smile.gif

- Cheers, Skarsnik.
rat of vengence
Posted: Nov 12 2011, 10:04 PM

They seek him here, they seek him there...

Member No.: 3,575

Mate, that Mangler is fantastic! I love the detail you have added with the back and all. Those Night Goblins are brilliant too!

*Darth Vader voice;

"Impressive."

/Darth Vader voice

tongue.gif

RoV
Thitanium Prince
Posted: Nov 13 2011, 12:08 AM

Capo Muso Duro

Member No.: 5,560

Great mangler ^^ the squigs are a bit classic look, simple but nicely effective ^^
SpaceCowboy
Posted: Nov 28 2011, 09:52 AM

Goblin

Member No.: 5,868

Thank you guys. Looking at it when we have seen the official model i regret not making them larger. They look like squig babies compared to the finecast kit manglers, but on the other hand crazy mangler squig babies look quite scary as well tongue.gif
Zaaagh! da big boss
Posted: Nov 28 2011, 04:17 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 5,702

now THATS an mangler squig
Wazoo
Posted: Nov 28 2011, 05:17 PM

Big Boss

Member No.: 5,687

Really cool! I love the mangler, it is really well painted and sculpted. You got a great green colour, what recipe did you use?

Wazoo
SpaceCowboy
Posted: Jan 23 2012, 02:57 PM

Goblin

Gah sorry for not being on the forums much lately, have been painting WoC and now I suddenly got an interest in my Empire army. But I haven't forgot about my lovely Orcs and Gobbos and I will paint some more stuff soon. (Just bought 30 Black orcs, two more Orc Chariots and 10 more Savage Orcs).

Great that you liked the Mangler and for answering your question Wazoo I used mainly Knarloc Green on the larger one, with some Tausept Ochre blended in to do the high lights, then It got a coat of Army Painters Quickshade Dark Tone. Pretty much the same for the smaller one but I also mixed in some of Hawk Turquoise and some of Vallejos Goblin Green. I also made more of the yellow highlights here.

Have actually painted some O & G stuff as well while I'm been away. So here's some pictures of ten more Night Goblins and some more Savage Orcs as well.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

Even though my focus is on my Empire army I will try to paint some Orcs and Goblins as well.
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Jan 23 2012, 06:56 PM

Forest Lurkin' Backstabbin' Night Git

Member No.: 6,578

Ho-ly S***!

I don't think there is anything in this blog that isn't made of 100% pure AWESOME!
Thitanium Prince
Posted: Jan 23 2012, 07:45 PM

Capo Muso Duro

Member No.: 5,560

Ok mate, this is simply a stunning army, and the display is really gorgeous *___*
your scheme is purely great, and I like a lot the colorful vegetation on the bases wink.gif Keep it up!
azhagmorglum
Posted: Jan 23 2012, 08:14 PM

Big Boss

Member No.: 384

I hadn't noticed your green arachnarok before, it's really great !! Your army is superb ! Keep it up!
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
Posted: Jan 23 2012, 08:47 PM

Motm july 2005, the goblin mad mod, WAAAGH!!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 1,643

Lovely models, I really like the colortone on the orcs and goblins.

Cheers,
G
SpaceCowboy
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 06:46 AM

Goblin

Thank you guys, you're all to kind. Got the first ten plastic Blorcs yesterday and I won two packages of metal Blorcs last week (ten with GW and ten with addition hw:s) so I will have an unit thirty strong.

Are thinking about how I will paint them though, don't want just chainmail armour or black armour. Thinking about a mainly green armour on them or something. What do you guys think? Feel free coming with suggestions.
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 02:49 PM

Forest Lurkin' Backstabbin' Night Git

Member No.: 6,578

I think if you painted their armor the same scheme as the A-Rock it would be very striking. And would move that cool green color from a thing that shows up in the army to a minor theme, which would be cool.
enrgie
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 04:30 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 1,300

Love how you made quickshade work so well. I myself have just started using GW washes like Devlan Mud and Badab Black.
Mostyn
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 06:23 PM

Da open minded git

Member No.: 4,159

Hmm, tries to think of something constructive to say and fails

Simply great units. You can't beat a bit of colour with night goblins and yours have certainly got plenty; by the look of you movement tray there's a few still to come which is definitely good news for the rest of us wink.gif

Looking forward to seeing more. Did you use quickshade on the Savage Orcs too?
« Next Oldest | Army Blogs | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (10) « First ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0936 seconds | Archive