Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Waaagh Gruzznik
Snikpik
Posted: Jul 28 2010, 02:51 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

Nice bases.
Right in da wossanames
Posted: Aug 6 2010, 04:12 PM

Goblin

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,707

Here is this week's update for Waaagh Gruzznik.

To start off Here is my shaman from earlier now mounted on an elevated base. There was some pretty hefty pinning and glueing to make the bark base stable, but it's not going anywhere now.
user posted image

Next up there is some more progress on my arrer horde from last week, now with 17 bases worth done completely and several more on their way.
user posted image

And then there is my doom diver gnoblar, probably about 1/2 done. Going to give the gnoblar's beak a toucan treatment. The troll's pads have a red basecoat right now, but i'm going to get some orange to go over it, get some blue paint on his skin, and work in the number 15 in a few places.
user posted image
Right in da wossanames
Posted: Aug 12 2010, 11:15 PM

Goblin

Been working on a bunch of night gobs. Decided to challenge myself by adding some small checks to assorted parts of their robes. I had a bit of trouble photographing them, as getting the camera to focus or not seems pretty hit or miss. Tried changing around settings. Here are shots of the unit with flash and without.
user posted image
user posted image
One thing is, the pictures are never as sharp without flash. I don't know why, but they always come out fuzzy looking.
Another problem I run into is stuff like this. The goblin it focused on isn't even in the center of the frame, I do happen to like this guy's face, but that's not really helpful when the rest of the shot is garbage.
user posted image

One last thing I'd like to show is a unit filler/animosity marker. I picked up a bunch of cheap gnoblars a bit ago in a trade, I like using them along snotlings because frankly, they're both right at the bottom but still have tons of character.
user posted image
Right in da wossanames
Posted: Apr 27 2013, 05:46 PM

Goblin

Update!

I am about 2/3 done on a pair of smallish squig herds.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The dwarf herd being a way I came up with to use a bunch of extra dwarves from BfSP, they have been captured, demoralized, and force-fed fanatic brew until they no longer fight with any sense of self preservation.

I still need to detail most of the dwarves weapons, and I've barely started on the herders themselves. They need to be based too.

The real squigs I feel are almost done. I still need to work on blacklining and highlighting the teeth. I think I'll hit them with a wash too. Devlan mud for the red squigs, thraka wash for the green squigs.

It feels good to be back! wink.gif
theorox
Posted: Apr 27 2013, 08:15 PM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

Welcome back. That shaman looks right mean! wink.gif

Theo
Right in da wossanames
Posted: Apr 27 2013, 08:32 PM

Goblin

QUOTE (theorox @ Apr 27 2013, 08:15 PM)
Welcome back. That shaman looks right mean! wink.gif

Theo

Ah thanks Theo! I have the shaman mostly painted as well, I'll post it soon.
EntertainMe
Posted: Apr 28 2013, 10:08 AM

Big Boss

Member No.: 2,893

That shaman is looking good!

So are the squigs and other OnG troops.

I dont like the eyes on the dwarfs though. They're very untidy!
If all else fails you can normally get away without painting eyes.

If you absolutely want eyes, paint them first. That way you can redo any mistakes.

How I usually do this is like this (BTW, it's a lot messier in real life, but simple pics can help explain much better what I mean).

First of all, paint the eye white. (Last step will be cleanup so it doesn't matter if yo paint the whole face white while your at it).
user posted image

Next paint the Iris:
user posted image

For larger eyes: Paint the pupil. If you're afraid of slipping paint it using a sharpened cocktail stick. (for the dwarfs I would bother with this since your not going to see it)
user posted image

And finally cleanup:
user posted image

user posted image

An example of a Dwarf I've painted with this:
user posted image

Anyway, I hope this helps wink.gif
« Next Oldest | Army Blogs | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0804 seconds | Archive