zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Da Warpath Twitter
Airtruck
Posted: Jul 8 2010, 09:02 PM

The Ratty One
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 694

Twitter doesn't sound like an orcy thing, now does it? I didn't think so either. But a few of the other Warhammer-devoted websites have Twitter accounts that are updated fairly regularly (most notably, the noble Chaos Dwarfs over at CDO). But it would be nice if Da Warpath had one so the greenskins could have off-site ways of hearing about news (either about the site or new models, new rules, upcoming events, etc.)

The catch is that it would have to be maintained by either an administrator/moderator or a very trusted member who is familiar with the Twitter layout--and preferably fluent in the English language ohmy.gif

So, what do you think?

-Air
WarbossKurgan
Posted: Jul 9 2010, 08:27 AM

Swashbuckling Pirate Orc Admin!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 198

Bagsy not me! I have to update the Twitter account for my work and I ALWAYS forget to do it. huh.gif
Groznit Goregut
Posted: Jul 9 2010, 11:14 AM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,381

Is it any bit different than the banner at the top?
Draig
Posted: Jul 9 2010, 11:42 AM

Animosity Boyz
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 1,921

Well I think lots of people get twitter to their phones etc... We are discussing some general software changes in the mod forum, so feel free to make suggestions about what you would like to see / not see. What would be useful and what might sound cool but never get used!
Airtruck
Posted: Jul 9 2010, 05:48 PM

The Ratty One
Group Icon

Member No.: 694

I suppose there could always be a good ol' fashion pole in the Stronghold about whether or not they would use certain features--rather than the higher-ups bashing their heads together and trying to guess. (I honestly don't know whether or not members of Da Warpath would subscribe to a Da Warpath Twitter account...)

One thing I'm noticing is NOT being used is the chatroom, which makes me sad sad.gif If I recall correctly, I was vying like heck for a chatroom. Now we have one, but it's filled with tumbleweeds and crickets. While I don't want to see it go, Da Warpath definitely needs more traffic than it has right now in order to sustain something like that.

Also, I miss the old forum skin tongue.gif

Give me a minute and I'll think of more stuff to bring up rolleyes.gif

-Air

This post has been edited by Airtruck on Jul 9 2010, 05:49 PM
« Next Oldest | Website submissions | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0788 seconds | Archive