Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (8) « First ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  ( Go to first unread post )

The Bloodshield Boyz, 2 trolls
Craze_b0i
Posted: Feb 12 2012, 10:27 PM

Warboss

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,714

QUOTE (Mostyn @ Feb 12 2012, 10:14 PM)
Did you do the Minas Tirth Sculpt yourself because if you did its flippin' awesome?

Sadly no, I would never have the skill or patience for something so awesome as that.

That piece came free with the Return of the King Special Edition DVD. It has been sitting on my shelf for ages, and I always thought it looked odd without a base - hence I finally decided to make one.

But I simply have to point out the irony of you posting the the world's blurriest pictures of the two figures you can't identify. laugh.gif

Lol yeh, I am slightly annoyed about that. I took 2 sets of pics and both came out blurry, normally the zoom on my cam works ok... Will try and post a better shot.

Edit: here we go, pls ignore the horrid paint job (soon to be repainted). I will be impressed if anyone can identify them as frankly I have no idea (all I recall is they were not citadel/marauder.

user posted image

This post has been edited by Craze_b0i on Feb 13 2012, 12:24 AM
Craze_b0i
Posted: Mar 25 2012, 04:14 PM

Warboss

Here is my custom Doomdiver. I am not overly fond of the official model so decided to go for a converted stone thrower. Better still I already had a couple of the old 4th ed doomdivers minis to use up, for the purpose of wounds these pair will count as my 'third crewman'.

*One thing I still need to add is a bit of string. smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Actually finished the above some weeks ago. Since then I made a start on what will be a 37-goblin unit with hand weapons (plus Skulkers). Here we see the first 5 completed. The champion and musician (centre and right - facing) were for a long while my mystery gobbos because for many years I didn't know what company they were from! Then a few days ago discovered they are a company called Heart-Breaker. The other three are citadel/marauder. The guy with the axe is actually a very early gobbo fanatic.

user posted image

user posted image

*A couple of 'em still need shields, but I will leave most of my shields off until the unit is finished. Same with the matt varnish which has not yet been applied.

This post has been edited by Craze_b0i on Mar 25 2012, 04:23 PM
Snikpik
Posted: Mar 25 2012, 04:23 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

Nice idea for the doom diver, I can imagine the crazy gits queing up to be catapulted and I cant wait to see that unit of Goblins as youv made a good start.
Craze_b0i
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 04:50 PM

Warboss

Well my unit of 40ish Common Goblins is halfway there. Phew! So I thought I would mark the halfway point with some pics.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The banner guy at the back is just rank and file, I plan to add the proper standard bearer later on - as well as a big boss and 3 Skulkers. smile.gif
Wazoo
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 07:58 PM

Big Boss

Member No.: 5,687

Nice! I like them, what models will you use as skulkers?

Wazoo
Craze_b0i
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 09:08 PM

Warboss

QUOTE (Wazoo @ Apr 18 2012, 07:58 PM)
Nice! I like them, what models will you use as skulkers?

Wazoo

Just vanilla GW Skulkers. I toyed with other ideas but in the end the moderate option prevailed.
amplebob
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 09:18 PM

Boss

Member No.: 5,413

Cool collection of old models you've got going on there. Goblin unit looks good.
Morten C
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 09:40 AM

Warboss

Member No.: 5,542

FANTASTIC updates since my last reply! great additions to the army! Those goblins are a beauty!

When will we see some battle reports??? yarr.gif
Craze_b0i
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 12:24 PM

Warboss

QUOTE (Morten C @ Apr 19 2012, 09:40 AM)
FANTASTIC updates since my last reply! great additions to the army! Those goblins are a beauty!

When will we see some battle reports???  yarr.gif

Thanks for the compliments. As to battle reps I don't actually play that much and usually forget to take the camera. However I played a game about 2 weeks ago 1500pts against Brets. A narrow victory to the orcs. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Craze_b0i on Apr 19 2012, 12:26 PM
Thitanium Prince
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 04:21 PM

Capo Muso Duro

Member No.: 5,560

Absolutely great collection of old (really old) models biggrin.gif
Craze_b0i
Posted: May 14 2012, 07:46 PM

Warboss

"They are coming."

A WIP teaser of some gobbos...

user posted image
Gornak
Posted: May 14 2012, 10:53 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 6,084

They look awesome. I really like all the old school models and despite prefferrimng dark and gritty orcs your colours scheme is nice too.

KUTGW

Waaaaaaaaaaagh!

Gornak
Wechselbalg
Posted: May 15 2012, 07:12 AM

Orc

Member No.: 6,442

Great "old skool" gobbos you have there! Im not a goblin fan but those are really great. Your stuff is catching the fluff pretty well Id say.

About those strange goblins, they might be reaper gobbos or that other company I dont know at the moment. Once Im back home I will have a look. But the style of the sculpt reminds me to reaper or that other company. I have a couple minis from them and the "style of sculpt" looks pretty familar.
Craze_b0i
Posted: May 15 2012, 11:24 AM

Warboss

QUOTE (Wechselbalg @ May 15 2012, 07:12 AM)
About those strange goblins, they might be reaper gobbos or that other company I dont know at the moment. Once Im back home I will have a look. But the style of the sculpt reminds me to reaper or that other company. I have a couple minis from them and the "style of sculpt" looks pretty familar.

I actually discovered the identity they are Heartbreaker.

Thanks for the comments guys. Common Goblin unit nearly done now, just need to paint up a few more shields and do the basing. smile.gif
Wechselbalg
Posted: May 16 2012, 07:58 AM

Orc

Member No.: 6,442

Keep them coming! smile.gif

« Next Oldest | Army Blogs | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (8) « First ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1282 seconds | Archive