Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (26) « First ... 22 23 [24] 25 26  ( Go to first unread post )

Snikpik's Waaagh Comglomoration, 10/10/12 Savage Orc Standard Bearer?
Cannibalbob
Posted: Mar 20 2012, 05:46 PM

Orc

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,721

The boar boyz look great. That unit is just so cool looking that I have to figure out a way to make use of them in my upcoming savage orc force as well.

Out of curiosity, did you dip that unit?
Snikpik
Posted: Mar 20 2012, 07:13 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

I dip pretty much everything otherwise I would be still on my first couple of units!! I am happy with the results to be honest.
Snikpik
Posted: Mar 20 2012, 07:23 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

QUOTE (Xellpher @ Mar 20 2012, 02:47 PM)
Savage Orcs are looking great.

After sorting out some bits I've found a spare metal Standard Bearer with the boars head if you want it. Here

Ooh, yeah please!
Cannibalbob
Posted: Mar 22 2012, 04:25 AM

Orc

QUOTE (Snikpik @ Mar 20 2012, 07:13 PM)
I dip pretty much everything otherwise I would be still on my first couple of units!! I am happy with the results to be honest.

I was not implying they were bad. I think your stuff looks great. I just asked because dipped models tend to have a certain look - and yours looked like that to me.

What brand of dip do you use?
Snikpik
Posted: Mar 22 2012, 08:26 AM

Warboss
Group Icon

Sandtex floor varnish. I water it down a fair bit. It also dries with in 30 minutes. Its walnut colour.
Snikpik
Posted: Mar 22 2012, 04:16 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Another up date. Just more WIP's I am afraid. Firstly a another Forest Goblin Spider Rider unit. I had intended this unit of 10 to have 2 fillers/diorama's and that was going to be my entry in to the last da-warpath conversion competition. I didnt get to any stage worth taking photo's off so didnt bother to enter in the end. Anyway I have had a new surge in interest and decided I would finish them off.

user posted image

user posted image

Some more WIP's of my Savage Orc Big Uns. They are slow going but only because I have been working on other stuff as well.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

There is still no detail to give on what I'm doing with their second hand... you still need to wait for that! I hafe decided though that the other savages I will add to this unit will be holding two weapons. I had this premonition one day that some one will complain that the unit is confusing ir what not - not that it will be!

Lastly I have joined a gaming group in Leicester. I still havent found one worth going to in Coventry. Theres around 20+ people all around the same age as me. They mostly play 40k but have ebough fantasy players. Some of them are also regulars on the tournament scene it would appear. I wont get to go every week due to both myself and my other half working shifts. But it will finally be nice to get regular games in!
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Mar 22 2012, 04:46 PM

Forest Lurkin' Backstabbin' Night Git

Member No.: 6,578

Those Savages are looking awesome! Can't wait to see that unit finished and painted. And the Spiders in the tree are pretty neat too.
Craze_b0i
Posted: Mar 22 2012, 05:37 PM

Warboss

Member No.: 5,714

Nice progress on the savages. If I had to guess I'd say they will be head-hunters holding severed heads..?

Look forward to seeing the completed spider filler as well.
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
Posted: Mar 22 2012, 07:35 PM

Motm july 2005, the goblin mad mod, WAAAGH!!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 1,643

The progress on the savages is going good, keep up the great work.
Groznit Goregut
Posted: Mar 23 2012, 11:36 AM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,381

Looks good! Nice work on the Savages. I also really like what you do with the Spider Riders. I'm going to use that Arachnarok tree in the same way. I like the spear through the skeleton, too.
amplebob
Posted: Mar 23 2012, 02:38 PM

Boss

Member No.: 5,413

That's a cool concept for the savage orc big uns. It looks like they ate their boars instead of trying to ride them. And I again find myself baffled at the level of sculpting skills displayed on this forum. Great work.
Groznit Goregut
Posted: Mar 23 2012, 03:30 PM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,381

QUOTE (amplebob @ Mar 23 2012, 02:38 PM)
And I again find myself baffled at the level of sculpting skills displayed on this forum. Great work.

You can always look at my blog for a lack of greenstuff skill! I'm terrible. laugh.gif
Snikpik
Posted: Mar 23 2012, 03:34 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

QUOTE (Groznit Goregut @ Mar 23 2012, 03:30 PM)
QUOTE (amplebob @ Mar 23 2012, 02:38 PM)
And I again find myself baffled at the level of sculpting skills displayed on this forum. Great work.

You can always look at my blog for a lack of greenstuff skill! I'm terrible. laugh.gif

Bah but your blog is still awesome Groznit. Dont forget where your blog came int he last best blog award vote! smile.gif
Cannibalbob
Posted: Mar 23 2012, 04:37 PM

Orc

You still have not added the bananas in their other hand! I was looking forward to seeing them taunting the enemy with delicious fruit.
Snikpik
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 12:58 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

From page 41 of the Orc and Goblin army book (8th Edition):

THE IDOL OF ZAK-ALOOOOG

The 'Eadhuntaz tribe contain many mobs of exceptionally brawny warriors, and they have never lost a battle. This would normally mean a rise in rekrootin' and large territorial expansions, but the 'Eadhuntaz are hampered by a great millstone around their necks in the form of the Idol of Zak-Aloooog.

Long ago, when the tribe still resided in the southlands, they had pitched their crude skin huts over the stone ruins of an ancient temple of the lizard-creatures. Wazwhoompa, their shaman, had just begun to use mighty green magics to reshape a vast block into a more pleasing shape when eldritch bolts arced from the stone and struck him. In his death throes, Wazwhoompa spoke, saying 'Da tribe must take dis idol to da Badlands.' Then, the old shaman twitched and shuddered, gasping with his last breath... 'Zak Aloooog'. At least that's what they thought he said; there was an aweful lot of twitching.

Being extremely superstitious, the tribe has ever since dragged the monumentally large stone with them as they make their slow journey northwards. Each night they make camp around it and, anyone who dars attack soon learns that the ominous rock is imbued with potent magics. The strange idol glows, granting the 'Eadhuntaz and their shaman mysterious powers...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I still need to do 4 Savage Orcs from the front. They will include the shaman (currently my entry for the shaman conversion competition on www.da-warpath.com), A unit champion, a boss and a standard bearer or the BSB.

I know that the idol takes up some space at the back and the odd person may complain that two orcs are missing, well thats just tuff tities as I think I've spent more than enough time, energy and money on this unit to more than compensate. I will also be adding a few snotlings to the idol, hanging off of the rope and such like, attempting to immitate the savage orcs. One or two may even be attempting to help pull the thing. I still need to add more rope for those savages that are holding nothing in their off hands. I think my green stuff rope looks okay'ish so far.

What do you all think?

Edit: Those finicky peeps over on warseer havent given me a full star rating for these savage orc big un conversions which is most disapointing. If any og you feel like helping to change that then please check out the fantasy log section and vote for them! wink.gif

This post has been edited by Snikpik on Mar 30 2012, 01:01 PM
« Next Oldest | Army Blogs | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (26) « First ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0889 seconds | Archive