Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (26) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Snikpik's Waaagh Comglomoration, 10/10/12 Savage Orc Standard Bearer?
azhagmorglum
Posted: Jun 30 2010, 01:28 PM

Big Boss

Group: Members
Member No.: 384

I like those furry spiders !
Keep up the good work
Snikpik
Posted: Jun 30 2010, 05:50 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

This is just a quick update of the things I aim to get painted up over the next week. Maybe if I post them up and say I will do them then I will have to – psychology and all that!

user posted image

I had already painted this fellow but I stripped him so I could paint him up to be better suited to my new theme.

It is the same with these guy’s too.

user posted image

I will paint that marauder giant up too this week if I can. I added some stuff to the base in the hope of brightening it up a tad. I hate bland bases.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I have a box of the basing stuff from GW. I used some of the leaves on the spiders but I hadn’t really done much else with them so far. I tried to make some sort of fern or something on that giant base. I’ll paint it up and see how it turns out.

I also have some more snaps of some I’ve already finished. Snikpik Nosesmackgood with out his chariot. I bought two of the same model and glued one to a chariot and based one up on some skulls. Along side him is Fizgig Slimebref, a Goblin Shaman who’s getting on a bit.

user posted image

Now I can field two common Goblin shamans and Snikpik can choose his chariot or go on foot.

user posted image

user posted image

Today, I went to the local GW store and pre-ordered the 8th edition rule book. I also ordered the common Goblin hero with a sword and shield riding a wolf. I figured that with artillery being so powerful now that a throw away cheap hero on a wolf tasked to take out artillery might be worth considering. We shall see. I also ordered two Night Goblin heroes, both with duel weapons. I especially love the one with the clawed hand that looks really naffed off.

Along the way we inadvertently picked up some Trolls. There’s nothing special to see but here they are.

user posted image

I’m in two minds about buying the new river trolls. I preferred the old ones to be honest however I may buy some eventually.

Anyway, here’s my display cabinet. Sorry about the Dwarf’s – every good Goblin general needs some Dwarf’s to poke big large pointy sticks at from time to time and these ones serve their purpose well!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by Snikpik on Jul 1 2010, 01:25 PM
Morten C
Posted: Jun 30 2010, 06:00 PM

Warboss

Member No.: 5,542

wow! I love how you've chosen a theme for every army and then sticked to it. Both dwarfs and greenies look terrific! Must make it so much funnier to play wink.gif
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
Posted: Jul 1 2010, 07:18 PM

Motm july 2005, the goblin mad mod, WAAAGH!!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 1,643

I'm looking forward tp that painted giant, that marauder giant is just great. The shamans look good to.

Cheers,
G
Craze_b0i
Posted: Jul 1 2010, 10:14 PM

Warboss

Member No.: 5,714

Wow, looks very impressive all lined up. How much was the display-case? Or did you make it yourself?
theorox
Posted: Jul 2 2010, 08:01 AM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

Cool. That giant's base is awesome! Makes me wanna buy the stupidly expensive GW basing kit...We shall see. wink.gif

Theo hug.gif
Snikpik
Posted: Jul 7 2010, 09:20 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

Well England is out of the world cup but so is Germany, hah! Anyway here’s an update on what I’ve managed to finish. I’ve been writing a management essay, all that objective cascading and time management stuff is really boring. I have also been working so I haven’t really finished much but here it is.

First up are Frakfud Nosesnot and Grubutt Greenbottom, both Night Goblin Shamans.

user posted image

user posted image

These gits bought with them a new boss, Pukelip Backstabber, who prefers to bounce around on his giant cave Squig and attempt to get behind the enemy with a sneaky move or two.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I figured that I will attempt to make a goblin settlement. If in the future I can manage to cobble together a campaign I can incorporate it in there somewhere maybe as a waagh staging post or something. Well the settlement hasn’t even begun to be built yet but every settlement needs a watch tower of some description.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I have mostly finished the Marauder giant but I still need to finish a few bits. I will post the pictures of it sometime soon.

Crazy Boi, I bought that display case from Ikea or someplace like that. It wasnt that expensive but i'm quickly running out of room inside!!!

This post has been edited by Snikpik on Jul 7 2010, 09:31 PM
skelezom
Posted: Jul 8 2010, 07:06 AM

Snotling

Member No.: 5,818

These all look delightful!! For the big piece of skull/entrance terrain, I would hack it up a bit, as it looks like an entrance to a vampire crypt, and add on a greenstuff hood to the main head. Finish it off by just defacing everything else with orc glyphs and the like.
Craze_b0i
Posted: Jul 8 2010, 09:00 AM

Warboss

Member No.: 5,714

Crazy Boi, I bought that display case from Ikea or someplace like that. It wasnt that expensive but i'm quickly running out of room inside!!!

Heh, well I have one of similar size that I inherited but I suspect mine will eventually get full up as well, hence the questions.
tongue.gif

I am loving the watch tower. It would be great to use in a 'defend the base' scenario. How many gobbos does it fit?

This post has been edited by Craze_b0i on Jul 8 2010, 09:01 AM
BorkBork
Posted: Jul 8 2010, 09:11 AM

also known as Bonapork

Member No.: 1,951

QUOTE (Snikpik @ Jul 7 2010, 09:20 PM)
Well England is out of the world cup but so is Germany, hah!

was actually looking forward to beating them in ze final!!!!

Cause we dutchies still have a score to settle with them (1974)

but back on topic: great looking stuff

This post has been edited by BorkBork on Jul 8 2010, 09:12 AM
theorox
Posted: Jul 8 2010, 11:11 AM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

Cool Watchtower! smile.gif

I gotta go build something similar now... biggrin.gif

Theo
Bidiot Dwarf Stomper
Posted: Jul 8 2010, 11:32 AM

Up to No Good!!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 4,008

wow.,

Really loving your work..

I'm at work so only have a limited time to spend, will take a more detailed look and read all your dialogue tonight when I have more time.

I can see your blog being a nice place to spend my time in the coming week/months.

Bidiot. biggrin.gif
Wazoo
Posted: Jul 8 2010, 12:26 PM

Big Boss

Member No.: 5,687

Looking good! I really like the purple on the shaman and the nice details like the chequered pattern on the bouncy boss' sword!

Also the watchtower looks pretty cool!

Wazoo

EDIT: I just looked at your models again and realised something I didn't mention before... I realise you chose to dip as it was easy and you like the effects and generally it turns out well. But I would say maybe you should reconsider dipping when there are such large areas of white/cream such as on the night goblin shamans... I am not trying to be overly critical but the dip makes the white look pretty grotty... It kind of lets the quality of the other models down...

This post has been edited by Wazoo on Jul 8 2010, 02:01 PM
Right in da wossanames
Posted: Jul 8 2010, 01:44 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 5,707

QUOTE (BorkBork @ Jul 8 2010, 09:11 AM)
QUOTE (Snikpik @ Jul 7 2010, 09:20 PM)
Well England is out of the world cup but so is Germany, hah!

was actually looking forward to beating them in ze final!!!!

Cause we dutchies still have a score to settle with them (1974)

I'll be rooting for the Netherlands =]
Skartooth The Third
Posted: Jul 8 2010, 06:01 PM

Pandamonium

Member No.: 5,331

This army is coming along really nicely. I like the dwarf army as well wub.gif

Skar twocents.gif
« Next Oldest | Army Blogs | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (26) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4311 seconds | Archive