Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Happy Halloween! Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (26) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Snikpik's Waaagh Comglomoration, 10/10/12 Savage Orc Standard Bearer?
Snikpik
Posted: Jun 24 2010, 01:58 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

Da Lost Gits Table of Contents

Page 1
Introduction
Grogstrong Facebreaker da Giant
Grutbok Fartgoo (BSB) & Boggrim Screewee with unit of 50 Common Goblins
Unit of 36 Common Goblins with Bows
36 Common Goblins with spears
Snotlings
Asorted warmachines
Unit of 36 Night Goblins
Fanatics
Night Goblin archers

Page 2
Night Goblin Squig herd 1
Night Goblin Squig herd 2
More Night Goblins
Forest Goblin Spider riders
Snikpik Nosesmackgood, Goblin boss in chariot
Gimpzug Spellslinger Goblin Shaman, in chariot
Converted Wolf rider unit 1
Converted Wolf rider unit 2
Converted spider rider unit 1
Converted spider rider unit 2
Boss on gigantic spider

Page 3
Snikpik Nosesmackgood with out his chariot
Fizgig Slimebref, a Goblin Shaman
Trolls
Frakfud Nosesnot, Night Goblin Shaman
Grubutt Greenbottom, Night Goblin Shaman
Pukelip Backstabber, Night Goblin Boss on Giant cave squig
Goblin look out tower

Page 4
Grokt da-Clubber, Marauder Gaint

Page 5
Snotling Pumpwagons
Gunlad Clobbericky, Night Goblin Boss with duel weapons
Rotdirk Fartgrowler, Goblin Boss with sword & shield
Wastguss Turdgloop, Goblin Boss on Wolf
More Night Goblin archers

Page 7
Orc hut's WIP

Page 8
Orc Tower WIP

Page 9
Orc and Goblin settlement

Page 10
Goblins vs Daemons battle report (first 8th ed game & Goblin Victory!)
Orc Boys WIP
Rotzog Finger-shoota da Orc Shaman
Idol of Gork
Orc Boar chariots
Goblin Army wide photo's

Page 11
Goblin wolf chariots
Block of 50 Orc Boys
Arachnarok WIP

Page 12
A 40K Ork interlude
Converted 40k Nobs in to Big Uns WIP

Page 13
Arachnarok base & WIP
Nasty Skulkers
Painted Big Uns
Completed Arachnarok

Page 14
Orc Boar Boys

Page 15
Common Goblin unit diorama's
Completed 60 strong unit of Common Goblins

Page 16
More 40K Nobs to Big Un conversions

Page 17
Da Roll Call (all the bosses all in one place)
More 40k Nob conversions, this time with paint!
2500 point army list vs Beastmen and a 2500 all mainly Orcs (and some Goblins vs Tomb Kings (Storm of Magic) battle report, the Orcs won too.

Page 18
Spider Rider WIPs
All Goblins vs Vampire Counts, 2500 point, battle report.
Finished Spider Rider pictures

Page 19
2nd Arachnarok (blue one with shaman on top)
Mounted Orc Boss WIPs

Page 20
More Mounted Orc Boss WIPs
Night Goblins repainted test.
Savage Orc's

Page 21
Savage Orc Big Uns

Page 22
More Savage Orc Big Un WIPs
Finished Mounted Orc Boss

Page 23
Savage Orc Boar Boys

Page 24
Yet another spider rider unit - WIPs
More Savage Orc Big Un WIPs - THE IDOL OF ZAK-ALOOOOG

Page 25
Making Green Stuff Rope tutorial
Making Mushrooms Tutorial
More Spider Rider WIPs
Savage Orc Big Un update
Buugash da Looney - Orc Shaman on Wyvern
Darf Snotshooter - Savage Orc Shaman
Wizbix & Snikpik - the 2012 crazy community project, Goblins!

Introduction

Here is my blog, as promised in the new years resolutions thread. I figured that my horde would only equate to a war band rather than a waagh as that would need thousands of goblinoids to create. In the end I decided to build my army up based around what I imagined of a goblin war band that has been terrorizing Dwarf and Human settlements on the outskirts of the badlands. Feel free to comment but remember: unfortunately I canít promise great painting. I am definitely no golden demon award winner and to some peoples horror I have opted for the dip method. However I feel that this has been effective for the look I wanted to create and my goblins do look much better in real life as opposed to the photoís I managed to take.

I feel a little excited; I havenít actually played a game of Warhammer since 5th edition and Iím looking forward to the prospect of the 8th and taking out my army and doing what most Goblin armies do Ė run away!

Firstly, no army is complete with out some sort of setting. So I created some scenery. I am currently working on two more trees as well. I figured that as 8th has the Ďtrue line of sightí rule I would make a forest that is so densely packed you canít see through it. My reasoning being that eventually I will field a giant and would need the cover for him to run around thus stopping him getting shot to pieces. Well it seemed like a good idea at the time and I will endeavour to finish that wood at some point.

user posted image

user posted image

The core of the war band is a (currently) 50 strong unit of Common Goblinís armed with spears. I made all the movement trayís myself and made this one big enough to add one more rank to beef it up to 60 strong if in the future I decide to do so. We shall see how they get on first.

user posted image

user posted image

In amongst those you can see Grutbok Fartgoo, the army battle standard bearer. He consists of a Goblin war boss figure. I cut his right handed weapon away and added a standard instead. I also added the top of the wolf rider standard to make it look larger. I then figured that my Goblins would like to have a standard with the picture of Mork (sneaky but fighty, rather than Gork who is fighty but sneaky). Along side him you can see Boggrim Screewee, who is armed with sword and shield only.

And just to prove that when I have the patients and time (which isnít often) I can paint, here is Grogstrong Facebreaker (complete with squished Goblin) who decided to tag along when he saw the horde one Friday night when he was far from sober:

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by Snikpik on Oct 12 2012, 07:35 AM
BorkBork
Posted: Jun 24 2010, 02:35 PM

also known as Bonapork
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,951

impressive shieldwall biggrin.gif

looking good
Snikpik
Posted: Jun 24 2010, 02:52 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Every Goblin horde needs a scouting element inorder to be as sneaky as possible. So Grutbok and Boggrim have sent some ahead of the main war band to scout out the enemy. Fortunatly for them they already had some wolves to ride.

user posted image

I managed to chop a few of the wolves up and reposition them to make a slightly more dinamic looking unit. Well that was the hope anyway.

A new tribe has also joined the band. these however have decided that spears are so 'yesturday' and have instead opted for short bows. They simply decided one day that having spears actually meant the prospect pf getting up close and personal with the enemy. Atleast with the bows you can shoot and then run away from a safer distance!

user posted image

user posted image

They also came with a scouting element, more wolf riders.

user posted image

This post has been edited by Snikpik on Jun 24 2010, 02:53 PM
Thitanium Prince
Posted: Jun 24 2010, 07:22 PM

Capo Muso Duro
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,560

Really cool models, simple and clean, I expecially like the gobbos with shield ^^ Also the giant has a good painting job biggrin.gif
fredox
Posted: Jun 24 2010, 07:26 PM

Goblin
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,263

Looks good. I like the mushrooms to. Out of curiosity are you painting the dip on or dipping the models?
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
Posted: Jun 24 2010, 08:36 PM

Motm july 2005, the goblin mad mod, WAAAGH!!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 1,643

Nice stuff, didn't you go nuts while painting the big unit goblins? I ask this because I'm busy with a unit from 80 currently.

Cheers,
G
Skartooth The Third
Posted: Jun 24 2010, 08:42 PM

Pandamonium
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,331

That giant unit of goblins looks awesome. The paint job on the giant is top notch aswell

Skar twocents.gif
Kees (aka Ghenkadh)
Posted: Jun 25 2010, 07:16 AM

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,125

Love the mushrooms, and I read in another blog:

You have a mushroom forest, all goblins get stubborn in that forest all the other units are stupid.

Yeah!

cheers,

Kees

Wazoo
Posted: Jun 25 2010, 03:20 PM

Big Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,687

Looking good, a really nice army that seems to be progressing quite quickly!

Wazoo
Snikpik
Posted: Jun 25 2010, 08:13 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Thanks for the comments every one however, my stuff pales in to comparison to much that I have seen on da-warpath already. I would also like to thanks those that have inspired or given me ideas that I have tried to incorporate.

Fredox, I am dipping everything that is plastic. I have dipped some metal models but mostly the rest have needed a brush. I attempted to dip the battle standard bearer but he flew off the nail he was glued on to and it caused me all manner of problems. I was never good at physics but it seems the stress of me waving it around in the air was too much for it to take. I also found that watering the varnish (walnut) down to around 40% gave me the best results, any more I think would have made it too hard to control. The stuff I am using dries really quickly so I donít have to worry too much about it pooling or anything when left to dry.

The reason I dipped was that I spent ages painting previous models only to get really annoyed when I tried to varnish them. The Varnish would seem to go cloudy at random times. I tried everything I could and read on the forums to do but to no avail. If you look closely at the Giants left arm you can see it went cloudy. I then thought about all those times I knocked paint off of models when I used to play and realised that they do need some protection. In the end I figured it was better to just dip instead.

Warlord Ghazak. I found it easier than I did when painting my Dwarfs (which I didnít dip). I under coated in white and used really watered down paint. I watered it down in the pot. This seemed to give me the effect of a light colour on raised areas becoming darker in the crevasses etc. I knew the dip would darken them up so using bright colours seemed best. This seemed to speed up the painting quite a bit and as it was being dipped IU didnít really need to apply different layers. Iím happy with the result anyway. 50 Goblins? Well I found them more enjoyable than 50 Dwarfís any day. Good luck with your 80! Canít wait to see those.

Kees, I made those mushrooms for the theme really though with the new scenery rules I think I will try to bring them along as often as possible. All I need now is to make a scenic base for them to sit on. Their magnetised, as is all of my army, so I will make a base with metal and so that they can be moved for playability.

Wazoo. My secret is that I didnít have a digital camera to use for quite some time. I originally bought the Battle for Skull Pass box set last year. Firstly I painted up the night Goblins (not dipped) and then concentrated on a Dwarf army that is now rather sizable. Since then I got a bug inside of me that led me to create a mostly common Goblin army. The fluff rather than the game impact and effectiveness attracted me the most. I will try not to post too much too quickly though.

So far My Warband had acquired a 50 strong Horde of Common Goblins armed with spears and shields plus a 36 strong unit of Bow armed Goblins. To watch the flank of this force is another 36 strong unit of Common Goblins armed with spears and shields:

user posted image

user posted image

Here they are during a recent skirmish against a band of Dwarf's that we discovered whilst on a foraging trip Ė what luck hey? These Dwarf's didnt know what happened to them as they were hit from all sides. Very sneaky indeed!

user posted image

This post has been edited by Snikpik on Jun 25 2010, 08:24 PM
Snikpik
Posted: Jun 25 2010, 08:21 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Before they left the badlands Ďproperí they were joined by more Goblinoids. What green skin horde would be complete with out Snotlings? These ones just appeared one night out of know where. So cute hmm? So you would think until one of the little bleeders tries to stab you in the eye with his little pretend spear!

user posted image

user posted image

Before we knew it, they had set to work building some sort of contraption.

user posted image

The sneaky gits on the third night made another one too!

user posted image

user posted image

I bought an old style pump wagon off of ebay. I had to strip it which was a bit of an annoyance. I will endeavour to paint that up soon. I will try to buy a second and have 2 of each kind.
Snikpik
Posted: Jun 25 2010, 08:34 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Not wishing to be out done by these pesky but lovable Snotlings we set to work on building our own contraptions:

user posted image

user posted image

The rock lobber still requires the crew but Iím painting those up next!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

And again no green skin army is complete with out a Doom diver! Iím not sure why but the base inside the Doom diver doesnít look dark enough in the picture. In real life I recon it does, well it doesnít seem to be a problem that I notice at any rate.

user posted image

user posted image
fredox
Posted: Jun 25 2010, 08:34 PM

Goblin
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,263

I've never tried snotlins. No reason for it but seeing them reminded me I haven't and I should. The pump wagons look good but from the few mumblings I've heard are a pain to put together. How were they for you? Bases for the war machines look good to. Might have to steal the round base idea as I've only really seen square ones around here.

This post has been edited by fredox on Jun 25 2010, 08:36 PM
Wazoo
Posted: Jun 26 2010, 11:12 AM

Big Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,687

Nice looking war machines, I rally like your bases! Any special technique?

Wazoo
Snikpik
Posted: Jun 26 2010, 09:49 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Wazoo, I have no great secret, in fact Iíve been quite lazy. All I did was make them out of Kellogs cornflakes boxes. I cut a desired shape 4 times. 3 of them I cut squares big enough for the goblin bases to sit in. The rock lobber I used a sheet of paper metal instead and wish I had done on the other Ė remembering that I have put magnets on all of my goboís. I then glued the war machines in place and added some bits from the GW basing kit. I under coated all in white, painted the wood and rocks, but left the sand in its original white primer colour. I then added liberal amounts of the Walnut coloured varnish. When that dried I flocked patches of scorched grass, thatís pretty much it.; quick but effective.

Any way, back to the Goblin war band. Although I love the common Goblin I just couldnít imagine a war band with out the odd night Goblin contingent. After all, the nearby night Goblin tribe just couldnít live with the knowledge of a bunch of common Goboís showing them up. Again these were simple to paint. I decided I wanted a look that was slightly different from the norm, after all my Night Goblins are special and I want them to stand out from the next personís goblin army (plus I was being lazy yet again!) I primed them white again and painted the weapons and skin. I added some red decoration to the hoods and then dipped. Personally Iím pleased with the results, Iím after blocks of troops that look good together rather than the award winning model.

user posted image

user posted image

No unit of Night Goblins is complete with out fanatics. I converted two of these as I thought that the ball and chain look was a bit boring. I used a bit from the giant sprue for the one on the left. The one on the right consists of a ball of green stuff with Dwarf shields attached to make it look like a bunch of tied up Dwarf shields. I wrapped string around this which sort of looks like rope. I would have used some fine chain if I had had some but I didnít. I got this idea from the GW website. Iím unsure of the quality of these pictures and until Iíve posted them up. If you canít make them out well I will take some more tomorrow when itís light.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Night Goblinís being sneakier than your average Goblin just wouldnít turn up with out short bows of some kind and here they are:

user posted image

user posted image

I havenít yet played with the 8th edition rules but I canít imagine a block of 20 Night Goblins lasting too long so I will probably add another 10 or 16 to these.

This post has been edited by Snikpik on Jul 1 2010, 01:23 PM
« Next Oldest | Army Blogs | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (26) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0999 seconds | Archive