Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (62) « First ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

The Dragonback Mountain Orcs, Finishing the project.
Morten C
Posted: Jul 6 2011, 05:22 PM

Warboss

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,542

Thanks Mostyn. I remember that you had a blog in here too right? There was quite some nifty painting in that one! What is it called again?
EDIT: Found it wink.gif

I finished the Chariot today. That was a whole lot of work actually blink.gif It was meant as a small side project but it definitely got out of hand. I spent faaaar to long painting "hair" and eyes on the boars. It turned out pretty neat IMO, but it wasn't really worth the time, as noone will notice that once it's on the battlefield...

Overall I'm happy with it, and i snapped a nice pic of the crews, so it was time for a new avatar wink.gif

Hope you like it smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Comments and criticism are most welcome smile.gif

EDIT: Wohou!! 300 replies biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Morten C on Jul 6 2011, 05:36 PM
Da Git
Posted: Jul 6 2011, 06:28 PM

Orc

Member No.: 6,067

You asked for comments and criticism, but I honestly don't see how I can comply to the second part of that. That chariot is one of the meanest looking thing on wheels I've ever seen!

How do you do the blood-splatter effect? Do you highlight the metal after?
Thitanium Prince
Posted: Jul 6 2011, 06:35 PM

Capo Muso Duro

Member No.: 5,560

Hey, you are quiiiiiick biggrin.gif great chariot, the green on the armour plates is really neat biggrin.gif and I also like the fur of the beasts ^^
Draig
Posted: Jul 6 2011, 10:46 PM

Animosity Boyz
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 1,921

Love the business of the boar conversions and the dynamic pose you achieved. Fantastic conversion sir.
Morten C
Posted: Jul 6 2011, 11:22 PM

Warboss

QUOTE (Da Git @ Jul 6 2011, 06:28 PM)
You asked for comments and criticism, but I honestly don't see how I can comply to the second part of that. That chariot is one of the meanest looking thing on wheels I've ever seen!

How do you do the blood-splatter effect? Do you highlight the metal after?

Well thanks smile.gif

I paint blood in a various of ways, but it's pretty easy.

Dirty/bloody stuff: I start out by painting a basic color and higlight it once or twice (for metals i only use a basic bright metal color, no highlights), then use thinned down devlan mud unless another color is more appropriate (like red shields, blue clothes etc etc). To make it dirty and bloody I then use the green wash in spots and the red wash in spots. If places should be particularly bloody, like scythes, just use a little more red. Lastly i use the Brown/yellow wash all over and for metal i highlight with the bright metal color on chosen spots. That's it.

Bloody soaked places: This is done after all other painting. Paint it up the way you want it first without blood, then use the black wash on the spot you want to look bloody. It marks all the deep cracks and where you want the blood to look old and soaked. The places you want darkest can be painted with normal black color before adding black wash (if you want a point rather than a crack) Afterwards use the red wash.

Someone used this technique in the boss competition in entry 17 wink.gif
user posted image

QUOTE (Thitanium Prince)
Hey, you are quiiiiiick  great chariot, the green on the armour plates is really neat  and I also like the fur of the beasts ^^

No, this took seriously long time. I have vacation right now so i don't count hours, but this was really some work... there was just so many peaces ohmy.gif It didn't take as long as the spider, but it took as long as the wyvern.

Also, glad you appreciate the fur laugh.gif

What Green are you talking about? The green on the shields or the green "shine" on all metal? smile.gif

QUOTE (Draig)
Love the business of the boar conversions and the dynamic pose you achieved. Fantastic conversion sir.

Thanks smile.gif I Love it when pieces turn out the way you want them to, and this did smile.gif

Thanks for the comments boys smile.gif

BorkBork
Posted: Jul 7 2011, 07:48 AM

also known as Bonapork

Member No.: 1,951

have to admit that i wasn't too sure about the WIP look of the chariot.

But boy, was i wrong!! smile.gif
Klavier
Posted: Jul 7 2011, 09:33 AM

'Ard Boy

Member No.: 5,407

Really great chariot! ohmy.gif
I love the armour plates on boars' heads and the boars' eyes are simply fantastic wub.gif great job!
MarathoN
Posted: Jul 7 2011, 09:53 AM

Snotling

Member No.: 5,204

This stuff is seriously good. Nice and gritty!
Gabus
Posted: Jul 7 2011, 12:53 PM

Orc

Member No.: 1,214

The chariot looks like it can deal some serious damage. It absolutley looks like its statline, and an excellent use of those boars to make it even scarier.

It is difficult to do dirt, grime, and blood, in such a way that is convincing, and just doesn't look like lazy painting. You seem to have mastered that skill throughout your blog. Well done sir!
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
Posted: Jul 7 2011, 04:47 PM

Motm july 2005, the goblin mad mod, WAAAGH!!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 1,643

That chariot looks really awesome, I might loot that idea for my own boar chariots.

Cheers,
G
Morten C
Posted: Jul 7 2011, 09:35 PM

Warboss

QUOTE (BorkBork @ Jul 7 2011, 07:48 AM)
have to admit that i wasn't too sure about the WIP look of the chariot.

But boy, was i wrong!!  smile.gif

I must be bad with my WIP shots cauz that's not the first time that has happened wink.gif Thanks smile.gif

QUOTE (Klavier @ Jul 7 2011, 09:33 AM)
I love the armour plates on boars' heads and the boars' eyes are simply fantastic wub.gif great job!

Thanks mate. Glad someone noticed the eyes.. i got some sort of obsession making all four eyes look realistic, even though it's really unnecessary laugh.gif

QUOTE (MarathoN @ Jul 7 2011, 09:53 AM)
This stuff is seriously good. Nice and gritty!

Glad you like it smile.gif It is definitively my vision to create ad dark gritty army that looks like it was pulled straight out of nordic folk tales smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabus @ Jul 7 2011, 12:53 PM)
The chariot looks like it can deal some serious damage. It absolutley looks like its statline, and an excellent use of those boars to make it even scarier.

It is difficult to do dirt, grime, and blood, in such a way that is convincing, and just doesn't look like lazy painting. You seem to have mastered that skill throughout your blog. Well done sir!

Thanks smile.gif The current boar chariot does look rather weedy in my eyes, and i never really thought anything of chariots, until the debate in the tactics forum made me realize that these could be real army prides instead small weedy wagons.

And thanks for the comment about the bloody grittyness... To me it has always been a challenge to paint an entire scheme throughout an entire army, I often feel like trying new stuff, especially when my skills develop during the creation. So it has been a task going back an improving previous models and ad every time I discovered something new wink.gif But it's worth it.

When i start my next army, I belive my painting skills are now so much better than when i started, that i won't experience the same drawbacks as i tried here smile.gif

QUOTE (Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull @ Jul 7 2011, 04:47 PM)
That chariot looks really awesome, I might loot that idea for my own boar chariots.

Thanks lad, and be my guest wink.gif I would have used the new boars instead though, if only I had nay wink.gif That should be far easier to make dynamic.

Thanks for all the comments ladz smile.gif It's motivating to know that fellow greenskins are nterested and inspired by what i do smile.gif
Snikpik
Posted: Jul 7 2011, 09:53 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,376

That chariot is seriously good. ANd you is sneaky for getting a hint of which competition entry was yours, though most of us should have guessed a long time ago!
Morten C
Posted: Jul 7 2011, 10:10 PM

Warboss

QUOTE (Snikpik @ Jul 7 2011, 09:53 PM)
That chariot is seriously good. ANd you is sneaky for getting a hint of which competition entry was yours, though most of us should have guessed a long time ago!

Thanks mate... and sorry, couldn't help myself wink.gif (but yeahr, I guess most people should have guessed if they know me in here. Anyway, I guess it won't influence the vote, since i'm not doing very good.. wait... maybe that's why I'm loosing huh.gif laugh.gif
Snikpik
Posted: Jul 7 2011, 10:13 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,376

I think the models you chose arent to many peoples liking but the vote is no real reflection on your conversion and painting skills, so dont be hard on your self if you have a low vote.
Morten C
Posted: Jul 7 2011, 10:21 PM

Warboss

QUOTE (Snikpik @ Jul 7 2011, 10:13 PM)
I think the models you chose arent to many peoples liking but the vote is no real reflection on your conversion and painting skills, so dont be hard on your self if you have a low vote.

Yeahr, i guess so to wink.gif The boys in here usually like my painting, so it's most likely the choice of model. It still says something, cauz i really like the model laugh.gif

But i hope i can make better choice of model for the next competition wink.gif
« Next Oldest | Army Blogs | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (62) « First ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1058 seconds | Archive