Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (62) « First ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

The Dragonback Mountain Orcs, Finishing the project.
BorkBork
Posted: May 18 2011, 05:22 PM

also known as Bonapork

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,951

great unit Morten.

but am not 100% sure about the 2 blue trolls, although the bases will most likely tie things together once you have done them.

(the ccup has shown that bases tie everything together wink.gif )

btw: since you basically have included every brand known to mankind in your army you shouldn't forget Metal magic. I just found out that mega miniatures (an ebay seller) has aquired the old moulds and is selling them.

user posted image

and ogres

user posted image

This post has been edited by BorkBork on May 18 2011, 05:23 PM
Zaaagh! da big boss
Posted: May 18 2011, 06:46 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 5,702

borkbork, i knew i saw those ogres before!!!
Morten C
Posted: May 18 2011, 08:41 PM

Warboss

Member No.: 5,542

Yeahr, i know the trolls might seam a bit out of place, but i think the bases will do the job, and once they are placed in line with all my other trolls, i think it'll look better smile.gif

I have looked at those models before, but aren't they to small? Mine is smaller than regular GW orcs, but arent these even smaller? they look good for sure.

Otherwise i was thrilled to find that black tree designs awesome orc line from LOTR (Lords of the realm) has been sold to Grendel. They aren't cheap, but i think they look good and the fit nicely in size. Ill consider those though smile.gif

Btw Borkbork Ral Partha are selling their orc miniatures again. They are still the best orcs i've ever stumbled upon, but they've had a 60% price increase along with the new webpage sad.gif

ill get my arrer boys from there though smile.gif

I've also considered buying their troll and ogre models and use in my orc units as fillers... the will vary the size greatly and make the boys look more chaotic, and i think the models might fit better that the trolls i use now:

user posted image user posted image user posted image

This post has been edited by Morten C on May 18 2011, 08:53 PM
Morten C
Posted: Jun 15 2011, 11:44 PM

Warboss

So, I have been very busy at school lately, so all the warhammer i've done has been for the warboss competition. But, today i got some stuff done for the army smile.gif

The pics are pretty awful as i took them with my phone and the light is bad, but i hope to get some stuff done tomorrow and as well, and then i'll take pics when there is daylight smile.gif

Just to let you know that this blog is far from dead wink.gif

The Mangler is coming along:
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The choppa horde:
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Both have some work to be done still, but i think they are coming along steady wink.gif

how do you like the idea of the goblins goating the blind mangler with bate on a stick and throwing severed heads? wink.gif
Thitanium Prince
Posted: Jun 16 2011, 04:34 PM

Capo Muso Duro

Member No.: 5,560

I love the "howdah" of the mangler, he's HUUUUUGE xD
Can't wait to see it painted **
Morten C
Posted: Jun 16 2011, 08:12 PM

Warboss

QUOTE (Thitanium Prince @ Jun 16 2011, 04:34 PM)
...he's HUUUUUGE xD

Yeahr i know... i was actually a bit surpriced. i hadn't really considered that it was actually this big huh.gif

Never the less, i'm already creating my second mangler wink.gif

I'll finish the orcs first though. Then that's all the orcs this army needs for now and i can concentrate on goblins.... aaand more trols wink.gif
Morten C
Posted: Jul 4 2011, 12:10 PM

Warboss

In the tactic section there was a discussion concerning the uses of boar chariots, that made me realize that i definitely needed that as well biggrin.gif

Having one of the old boar chariots lying around this was an easy swap of crew, but i really can't stand the boars, so i decided, that i needed to make it look far more evil.

I'll have it painted up today or tomorrow, so here are WIP pics.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I've added tons of details to these lads, so i really thinks it's donna be a joy to paint. It's hard to see on these pics though.
user posted image

user posted image

There are some problems using the boss boars. First the have molded legs on their bags, so those have to be romoved and greenstuffed. second, they are very static. So to make them more dynamic i repositioned the legs to make them look like they're in motion. They're jumping over a destroyed canon, one is in the middle of the jump, the other is about to take off smile.gif It will probably be easier to see when it's painted.
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Now for the Crew:

I tried to some new painting techniques on these ladz. think the came out pretty well. It's especially noticable on the skin, but i actually think it's quite good smile.gif
I only use two even though i will play it with three. There wasn't really room for more, so i chose black orc models to 'make up' for the missing crew member smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Hope you like it smile.gif Comments and criticism is most welcome yarr.gif
Snikpik
Posted: Jul 4 2011, 12:14 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

Looking good. Only quibble is the fact that the photo's are a little dark and its hard to pick out the detail.
Morten C
Posted: Jul 4 2011, 12:20 PM

Warboss

QUOTE (Snikpik @ Jul 4 2011, 12:14 PM)
Looking good. Only quibble is the fact that the photo's are a little dark and its hard to pick out the detail.

I know. I went a little fast on these unsure.gif

But i rarely want to use much time on photographing WIP models, as they should become finished models not lang after that (or at least in theory they should! wink.gif)
SpaceCowboy
Posted: Jul 4 2011, 04:46 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 5,868

Great stuff Morten! Love the mangler and the chariot and I really like the variety you got in the Orc unit. As for the painting I really like the dark tones they got, really refreshing with the all the brightness Eavy Metal paint the new orcs.
Thitanium Prince
Posted: Jul 4 2011, 06:01 PM

Capo Muso Duro

Member No.: 5,560

Great chariot! It's dynamic and heavy at the same time biggrin.gif
Morten C
Posted: Jul 4 2011, 08:48 PM

Warboss

Thanks guys smile.gif

@SpaceCowboy
Glad you like the theme. It's a personal quest of mine to make a campaign were no manga-looking armies are and with a "low"-fantasy fluffy plot. I don't think i need that much to have "finished" the orc army. A big bunch of goblins, 7 warmachines, 12 warg riders, a gigantic spider, some giant spider riders and some more trolls wink.gif

After that i'll start a real grim dark bretonnian army... it's gonna be great biggrin.gif

@Thitanium Prince
Thanks, that is what i aimed for wink.gif
Father Grumpmas
Posted: Jul 4 2011, 09:17 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 4,019

That chariot is great - looks ramshackle but deadly at the same time.
Morten C
Posted: Jul 5 2011, 08:11 AM

Warboss

Thanks grumpas. Glad you think that, cauz it was pretty much what I was going for wink.gif

I'll try and get it painted up today smile.gif
Mostyn
Posted: Jul 5 2011, 11:21 AM

Da open minded git

Member No.: 4,159

Obvioulsy I must have been away for far too long to miss such an ace blog. I love the use of a wide range of figures - although that and your painting style makes your hobby comp entry pretty easy to pick-out!

Chariot looks just how any orcy one should - both deadly and about to fall apart at the same time. Great stuff.
« Next Oldest | Army Blogs | Next Newest »

Topic OptionsPages: (62) « First ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1547 seconds | Archive