InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 8th Conversion Competition: Rank and File Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (13) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Messing With Orcs....paint Test On An Or[k], 40k Nob
zachattack46
Posted: Oct 10 2010, 04:14 PM

Goblin

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,878

Those are some awesome boyz. Are they made just from purely the nob and orc warrior sets?
Skartooth The Third
Posted: Oct 10 2010, 04:56 PM

Pandamonium

Member No.: 5,331

Those are some awesome looking orc boyz biggrin.gif

Skar twocents.gif
Spacecookie92
Posted: Oct 10 2010, 05:16 PM

Snotling

Member No.: 5,956

They are looking pretty good, can't wait to see them painted up real good tho!
Snikpik
Posted: Oct 10 2010, 05:32 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

Great job. I've just bought some Black reach nobz off of ebay to convert as biguns too. Unfortunatly my green stuff skills arent as good as yours but I'm gonna have a go.
PsychosisPC
Posted: Oct 10 2010, 05:35 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 3,908

To answer your question on the sets, I'm essentially going to be using everything, 40k Nobs, 40k Boys, fantasy boyz, blorcs, 40k bikers. The sword for the one guy is from the Ogres, the banner is beastmen.

On painting, this band won't be painted by me, I was just commissioned to do the build of couple of units, a couple shamen, and a unit of wolf riders, and the guy that took out the commission is doing the painting. He is a capable painter from what I have seen.

I've planned out the stereo-typical fights and done a few homages to Victoria's wonderful orcs from a ways back also. Brutality towards zombies and skeletons is coming.
WarbossKurgan
Posted: Oct 10 2010, 06:07 PM

Swashbuckling Pirate Orc Admin!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 198

PsychosisPC - this some really cool and inspiring work!

I don't really understand why you started a new thread though - can I merge this one with your old one and move it to Army Blogs? It would make a great adding to that section!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
PsychosisPC
Posted: Oct 10 2010, 06:59 PM

Goblin

QUOTE (WarbossKurgan @ Oct 10 2010, 06:07 PM)
PsychosisPC - this some really cool and inspiring work!

I don't really understand why you started a new thread though - can I merge this one with your old one and move it to Army Blogs? It would make a great adding to that section!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Sure if you would like. I separated it primarily because I didn't want people to confuse my ongoing army with this commissioned army, even though they will be slightly different in theme, and it will probably be easy enough to tell the difference. I can probably do this as a mini-sort of blog, as there are a lot pieces involved in the commission work.

WarbossKurgan
Posted: Oct 10 2010, 09:08 PM

Swashbuckling Pirate Orc Admin!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 198

Cool. Merged and moved.

I'm really impressed by your work - your attention to detail is amazing. wub.gif
fontane
Posted: Oct 12 2010, 01:39 AM

Black orc warboss on a juggernaut!

Member No.: 5,897

That is really good converting! It will look great when it's done...so how long again are you planning to spend on this army? It seems like if you keep making boyz at the current rate it will take a long time to make a full army.

Anyway, sorry to be a downer. Those orcs look great! I want to convert some boys similarly, so where do you get the jaw plates? I want some but I can't find what set they come from.
PsychosisPC
Posted: Oct 12 2010, 01:43 AM

Goblin

Well as I mentioned to Kurgan there is actually two separate projects going on here, there are my orcs who are beating up on humans, which so far I've just been working on blorcs, and then there are these commissioned boyz that will be beating up the undead. The boyz beating up the undead I won't be painting, just building. On my stuff beating on 'umies, I'll be painting those. And I do plan to take my time on my own orcs. Building two armies essentially at the same time in the same race, I do run the risk of getting bored. And right now I'm actually finishing my WAB Romans, building a Fantasy Chaos army, and building a WAB Crusades army, not to mention other commission building work. I enjoy the building, painting not as much.

I also do like details and being very subtle at times.

Next up is a stereo-type thing, when you do orcs, I think you must have a bit of animosity. Its over-the-top fun if you ask me, but it makes for good character in the unit and keeps the rank and file interesting especially in the back ranks. This first one is sort of an homage to Victoria.
user posted image
user posted image

At the time of building this, I'm relatively new at converting orcs, so lets keep it somewhat simple. For the first fight scene I am just starting to work out the flow of them, to see what works, what doesn't, what joints can be manipulated, etc.
user posted image

This type of fight scene has been done a lot, but I have always liked it. The next scene I will push it a bit further and that next one will lead into the next and the next and so on.
user posted image
user posted image
So the mayhem commences.

This post has been edited by PsychosisPC on Oct 12 2010, 01:49 AM
theorox
Posted: Oct 12 2010, 07:56 AM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

This is awesome!! Almost Theo Quality! (I wish lol!) yarr.gif

Theo
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
Posted: Oct 12 2010, 08:58 AM

Motm july 2005, the goblin mad mod, WAAAGH!!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 1,643

Great stuff, keep up the great work on those orcs.

Cheers,
G
Snikpik
Posted: Oct 12 2010, 01:05 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

I'll swap my painted army foryour unpainted one smile.gif

I like the animosity orcs and cant wait to see what else you will do in that vein. Unfortunatly I may have to steel an idea or two though I am sure if I do mine wont be nearly as good.
PsychosisPC
Posted: Oct 12 2010, 10:41 PM

Goblin

Thanks for the compliments guy.

Feel free to steal away, heck I did with the #1 fight pose.
enrgie
Posted: Oct 13 2010, 07:32 AM

Goblin

Member No.: 1,300

Awesome work! Keep it going!
« Next Oldest | Army Blogs | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (13) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0532 seconds | Archive