Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (13) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Messing With Orcs....paint Test On An Or[k], 40k Nob
PsychosisPC
  Posted: Apr 24 2010, 05:03 PM

Goblin

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,908

Enough with sittin' on the sidelines, time to build. Thought I would share some pics of my army that I've been building and I am building currently. The goal with my fantasy army is to make the entire army without a single model repeated, now considering the 2250 pt army is probably anywheres from 130 -160 models it may be kind of interesting, but that's always my goal, even it if the conversion is just so slight, that there is hardly a difference. As I'm building my own I'm also building one on commission with a slightly different theme in mind, so you'll probably see some pics of that maybe in a separate blog eventually.

The prizes I won at the last Chicago GT for my Khorne Demon army will become the backbone of the army (I knew I shouldn't have told Dave Taylor I was going to build orcs next ~8), thanks Dave I blame you). That means lots of black orcs.

First up:
user posted image
user posted image
I've found the new Nob heads work nicely. Starting off slowly, to get the hang of the figures, simple head swap added a few little details.

Next up a bit more detail, playing around with a few things, definitely want a chaotic feel to them with lots of variety in armor and such, need big spikes, and more dead body parts, scraps of armor here and there. I doubt I'll use much plasti-card plating as GS and BS is easier to work with at this scale.
user posted image
user posted image

And more of just changing some things around, trying to use many cool parts, and again adding many details. I'll be intermixing snots and goblins and grots throughout the army as I go.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Gotta have glyphs:
user posted image

Those I've had done for awhile, more fresh stuff will be following shortly. This is just the start, much much more to follow.

This post has been edited by PsychosisPC on May 20 2012, 02:15 PM
grakhnar
Posted: Apr 24 2010, 05:32 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 3,774

Nice start, the black orc set is great for conversions. I'm suprised how well that ogre weapon fits, I was going to try something similar but thought they would be too large.
I'll be placing an order with Hoard 'o' bits soon, so I may just add a few ogre parts.
PsychosisPC
Posted: Apr 24 2010, 05:42 PM

Goblin

They fit the blorcs and Nobs pretty well, regular boys not as well unless you cut out or dremel away the hands.

I do plan to use nearly every cool looking orc/ork model out there with this army. The real trick as with all my armies are to obviously get everything to rank up. This army will be a bit of departure for me, as I really am not putting a deadline on it, and normally I keep things pretty quiet and do not show alot of pictures until its done.

This post has been edited by PsychosisPC on Apr 24 2010, 05:43 PM
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
Posted: Apr 24 2010, 06:17 PM

Motm july 2005, the goblin mad mod, WAAAGH!!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 1,643

Nice start on the black orcs, will keep an eye on this blog:)

Cheers,
G
PsychosisPC
Posted: Apr 25 2010, 02:57 PM

Goblin

More of my orcs for my army, I've had some metal nobs in storage for years thought it was about time to do something with them, so he'll be a big bruiser in my upcoming army:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

And then I have some of the new plastic generation, I'll be sprinkling in a few of them also.
user posted image
user posted image

I'm toying with a bit of carnage on my black orcs, the models are so large its very hard to put things on their 25 mm bases, so maybe putting things on the models themselves will help spruce them up.
user posted image
Mulrak
Posted: Apr 25 2010, 11:04 PM

Snotling

Member No.: 4,533

Wonderful start to your Blorcs! Love the odd and end trophies they have and the usage of Ogre parts in there. Keep it up!
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
Posted: Apr 26 2010, 11:39 AM

Motm july 2005, the goblin mad mod, WAAAGH!!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 1,643

The conversions look good, I really like the orc with the plastic nob body. Keep going

Greetz,
G
meyer63026
Posted: Apr 26 2010, 12:02 PM

Stuntie Killa

Member No.: 4,690

Conversions look great so far. Can't wait to see some paint
Beithir Seun
Posted: Apr 26 2010, 12:54 PM

Orc

Member No.: 5,307

Excellent stuff. As others have said, the conversions look great!! Looking forward to seeing more smile.gif
Skartooth The Third
Posted: Apr 26 2010, 06:11 PM

Pandamonium

Member No.: 5,331

Wow those conversions are awesome. Really great use of the 40k ork nob kits. I can't wait to see the finished project

Skar twocents.gif
PsychosisPC
Posted: May 8 2010, 02:10 PM

Goblin

Well playing around with the basing a little bit. I think what I'm going to do is a normal ballast with slate or slate like rocks. This rock is a broken piece of apoxie sculp, a technique I picked up from a buddy. Texture doesn't show up well in this pic, much easier to see in the WoC pic below.
user posted image
user posted image
I've used the slate before with my WoC army and it adds a nice contrasting color for the basing. When I did my beastmen and WoC armies I used Italian seasoning for a forest like litter, this time around I think I'm going to go for more of a carnage look sort of like my Demon army minus the demonic hands and elaborate blood pools. Color schemes are going to be important to get a good look, in this army I'm going to attempt to avoid the use of red [with the exception of the blood effects on the carnage] and blue as I'm painting my WoC blue and burnt orange, and I've recently painted so much Khorne and Roman stuff that I'm tired of painting red. Maybe a bold orange with the greenskin. Have to test that a little.
Examples of the previous armies:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
I do like the carnage effects from my Demon army, I'm pretty sure I'll expand on that concept.

These heads I won't be using for my boys, but I am using them on the commission orc army I'm building, I think for my boys I'm going to sort spin off of this also. Again the goal to change every model just slightly, so I don't repeat anything in my army.
user posted image

This post has been edited by PsychosisPC on May 8 2010, 02:13 PM
Morten C
Posted: May 9 2010, 01:52 PM

Warboss

Member No.: 5,542

Those orc heads are very nice!

The same kind of work on the torsos and you will have some great looking orcs!
PeytonS
Posted: May 9 2010, 06:23 PM

Snotling

Member No.: 5,693

Awesome conversion! I love how you've converted EVERY model, now that's detication! biggrin.gif Can't wait to see some of them boyz painted!

Cheers

Peyton
PsychosisPC
Posted: May 10 2010, 01:31 AM

Goblin

Well that is the idea with the heads, get a bit more variety then change up the boys bodies a little bit also.

Not done yet converting the blorcs, will soon have a complete unit though. Not sure when I'll start painting actual army pieces, I'll probably build everything and then paint. Little easier to control the final paintwork and look that way.
PsychosisPC
  Posted: Oct 10 2010, 03:51 PM

Goblin

Been delayed a bit with my orc projects working on other things....mostly chaos related. But I'm getting back at it. My humble beginnings.... http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_War...topic=26294&hl=

I've also taken on a commission to build a bunch of orcs as I build my own army. Slightly running the risk of burning myself out on the models, but diverse themes maybe will help out. For my army I'll continue building the blorcs while building these orcs.

The following are the beginnings of the first of two Orc boy units on commission, they'll differ from my boys in that they will be beating up on Vampire count elements. The first unit of boyz will be doing just that against zombies. I planned to use the 40k Nobs in the front rank because they are the biggest and baddest and would be leading the units. So off we go....

One of the Big 'Uns:
user posted image
user posted image
The bannerman and musician:
user posted image
I think the 40k Ork Warbike faring makes for a neat manner piece.
user posted image
Ah the beginnings of the first problems in ranking...I'll fix that by assembling everything in various stages and also by raising in elevation some of the models to eliminate or limit conflicts.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
« Next Oldest | Army Blogs | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (13) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0984 seconds | Archive