zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (7) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

New Boar Riders And River Trolls Have Landed!, pics here
Dyjo Khan
Posted: Apr 13 2010, 09:06 PM

"Bash it gud!"

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,470

edit: reposted to other thread.

This post has been edited by Dyjo Khan on Apr 13 2010, 09:17 PM
Mr. Ironfist
Posted: Apr 13 2010, 09:16 PM

Green mean machine

Member No.: 4,680

Hmm
actually I couldn't find a reason NOT to buy such cool and cheap models wink.gif
Dyjo Khan
Posted: Apr 13 2010, 09:17 PM

"Bash it gud!"

Member No.: 5,470

im frikkin lovin the new models,the boars are much more fantasy like now and more proportioned to the orcs physical build than the old ones,other than looking meaner and whats not to love about that?
they shouldnt look even sane enough compared to a common boar anyways,considering they are letting orcs ride em and the old ones used to look too tame compared to their riders especially a model like the chariot needed feral boars like this for a long time,i think you'all agree.
i dont think color choice is a real issue here,since we are given freedom to paint em as we like,no?
the boar boyz themselves gotten cooler,i especially love the shields but gear like-wise they look tougher and wilder.

regarding the trolls...although the old stone,blue guys are still everyone's favourite (and i make no exception) i find these new guys pretty bad-ass(old river trolls werent that amazing either anyways),especially the belching one.totally love that dude!

i know,the greenskin models are kinda slowly losing the funny and silly edge they used to have (or at least it got toned down quite a bit) but luckily there still are little gems like this every now and then that should cheer up even the die-hard fans.
personally i just dig the fiercer turn this army took as i like my boyz to act stupid more than they looking like it.even an orc as his pride,after all!
but now i wonder what they are going to redo next...hopefully the wolves are in agenda too. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Dyjo Khan on Apr 13 2010, 09:22 PM
Tarlen da Foeburna
Posted: Apr 13 2010, 09:22 PM

Pyromaniac Goblin Warboss

Member No.: 3,489

Just noticed that the picture rotation for the trolls has two other versions of possible gribblies, one very reminiscent of a Great Unclean One and a very cool pale green fellow.

The one with the fish (I want to name him Steve for some inexplicable reason) is my favorite so far. He combines this great amphibious predator feeling with an expression that says "Do I eat this guy whole, do I want to hit him with the club a few times first, or should the fish should be involved somehow?". Love it.
Warboss Kolgar the Brute
Posted: Apr 13 2010, 09:27 PM

Nuthin' whoops a' Black Orc!

Member No.: 4,333

Well it's about time they got themselves a redux! But these models look awesome!
I was wavering whether to stick it out or go over to the beastmen side, these guys tipped me back to the orcs side. ohmy.gif WAAAAAAAAGH!
Roba-Fett
Posted: Apr 13 2010, 09:49 PM

AKA Uzgor Scabgrit
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 349

Hmmm, boar boyz, yeah not bad.

Those trolls. Nope, I definitely prefer the current metals. Meh, I have 5 rivers, 5 stones and a normal from Skull Pass. I'm reckoning it's prolly enough Trolls anyway.
Draig
Posted: Apr 13 2010, 11:39 PM

Animosity Boyz
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 1,921

Guys, this is the fourth post today! We appreciate the enthusiasm, but please keep everything in one place. The one you're looking for is in the stronghold.

<waves hand>

This isn't the post you're looking for.

This post has been edited by Draig on Apr 13 2010, 11:45 PM
KevinC
Posted: Apr 14 2010, 12:31 AM

Goblin King of New York

Member No.: 72

The new River Trolls are the coolest things I've ever seen!!

Kevin out
Mysticaria
Posted: Apr 14 2010, 01:20 AM

Boss

Member No.: 4,129

I like the trolls. I'm hoping the boar riders will grow on me. Shame that River Trolls aren't very good in the current version of our army book. Hopefully with the new models they will get a much needed upgrade in the new army book. Sadly this is going to be relegated to a modelling project, and will be down on my priority list underneath everything needed to finish my competative army.

-Myst
Goofycabal
Posted: Apr 14 2010, 01:23 AM

Offical Welcome Admin, and Master of Chug an' Lug
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 65

Okay, I've merged three topics together into this one, and posted a message up in the newsbar biggrin.gif

Right, down to business: Those are some nifty looking models indeed. I'm a little sad that there's very little in the way of extra gubbinz on either of the sets (aside from the awesome vomit stream and the cool shields for the Boyz) but the variety in the Trolls and the CHEAP price of the Boars more than make up for that!

Shame that's all we're getting for the time being - I heard there were meant to be three sets released.

Still, can't complain happy.gif
Skartooth The Third
Posted: Apr 14 2010, 07:02 AM

Pandamonium

Member No.: 5,331

I am not sure wheaver I licked the old boar over the new ones. The new boar definatly look a lot better. But there is something about the way they are being riden that looks odd. But enough about that I'll be getting some anything because of the price biggrin.gif

Quick question does anyone think this will change O&G armies from now on. I mean before some players didn't have acess to these and know they will have. Allowing player to field large multiple units whitch in turn will have a big effect on how they play and what the outcome is.
Skar twocents.gif
Piccolo
Posted: Apr 14 2010, 07:47 AM

Orc

Member No.: 5,534

Too bad that the boars again don't look much like boars. They made nice boars for Gorbad and the plastic warlord kit, I wonder why the couldn't go in that direction with the boar boyz.

I was also hoping that the spears would get more realistic, I mean seriously these things look like they add +3S.

This post has been edited by Piccolo on Apr 14 2010, 07:58 AM
Mr. Ironfist
Posted: Apr 14 2010, 08:02 AM

Green mean machine

Member No.: 4,680

I agree that they look a little looney those boars, but i wouldn't change them for the ones in the warboss kit at all. Both the boar and the rider is so static and boring in the warboss kit, while these looks as if they are running 100 m/h biggrin.gif
The boyz are really holding on tight to the mane and trying to stay on the back of that creature. I really can't see how you'd rather want someone who looks as if they stand still. But i guess it's all just about taste..

Piccolo
Posted: Apr 14 2010, 08:45 AM

Orc

Member No.: 5,534

QUOTE (Mr. Ironfist @ Apr 14 2010, 08:02 AM)
I agree that they look a little looney those boars, but i wouldn't change them for the ones in the warboss kit at all. Both the boar and the rider is so static and boring in the warboss kit, while these looks as if they are running 100 m/h biggrin.gif
The boyz are really holding on tight to the mane and trying to stay on the back of that creature. I really can't see how you'd rather want someone who looks as if they stand still. But i guess it's all just about taste..

I wasn't talking about them being dynamic vs static but simply the looks of the boars. The warboss boar looks like a boar but those new ones just seem out of proportion. It might be just an impression that the bad paintjob does though.
Badrug
Posted: Apr 14 2010, 09:09 AM

and Snitz the Burning Goblin

Member No.: 1,513

Hey guys.
Am I the only one thinks that the Trolls look like more Nurgle Chaos Trolls rather than O&G Trolls?

Besides, I really hated those pig faced boars. They shouldnt look like realistic, they should look like fantasy world savage warboars! Do you remember the old TV show "Alf"? These boars look exactly like him! They are not boar boyz, they are Alf Boyz. sad.gif
« Next Oldest | Orc and Goblin Stronghold | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (7) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0937 seconds | Archive