Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 8th Conversion Competition: Rank and File Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

Restarting The Pirate Project, Make yer Mark!
Kaptain BlackSquig
Posted: Dec 7 2011, 03:16 PM

Da Kaptain of KrakenRok

Group: Members
Member No.: 600

I have not, I am picking up a copy on Saturday though. But from what I have heard it sounds like how we had talked about our project here, a reference book about Pirates, terrain and ship building projects and more.

We might even be able to kill to gits with one stone, and use some of the material from Karibbean Dawn as a basis. We are planning on creating a Mordhiem setting based on Dogs Head in the Karibbean, a fully functioning setting. Maybe we can include this in the hobby book too? I am going to be asking for design folks to help out with that, more about hat is taking shape on the Karibbean forums.

As far as the project here, what I have done is a generic outline of the book format, topics to include, some background work, a list of nautical terms, the anatomy of a Pirate ship and some other little bits. What I want to do is get them posted, have everyone got through the outline and make additions or remissions and then we can actually set about giving tasks to the team to work on. I am in favor of teams, like one team starts on an extensive background, one group starts writing about how to make a model ship Warhammer scale, etc. If we all work on all topics it might take too long so I think teams might be a better way to go.

Once we get this project done, maybe we could get folks involved with creating a really solid set of naval rules for Warhammer? Down the road I know, but something to think about! And gives us another excuse to build more ships! yarr.gif

Da Kaptain
WarbossKurgan
Posted: Dec 7 2011, 03:57 PM

Swashbuckling Pirate Orc Admin!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 198

Good stuff!

I think the naval rules should be a separate project, so there are no rules to go out of date in the Pirate Book. But, yes, I'd love to get a set of working 8th edition Seahammer rules together!

yarr.gif

(Psst - Kaptain, your sig is larger than the forums rules allow, can you shrink it down a bit mate?)
Kera Foehunter
Posted: Dec 17 2011, 12:42 PM

Pirate Queen
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,275

sorry for the late reply !!
i been more busy I have a final test this friday then I be free for awhile
I would think this is a great idea !!

creating a Mordhiem setting would be perfect !! and i love the small games
A cool town and sea port would be fart out
Warboss Gorbolg
Posted: Dec 17 2011, 07:52 PM

Orc

Member No.: 6,649

QUOTE (Kaptain BlackSquig @ Dec 7 2011, 03:16 PM)
We might even be able to kill to gits with one stone, and use some of the material from Karibbean Dawn as a basis. We are planning on creating a Mordhiem setting based on Dogs Head in the Karibbean, a fully functioning setting.

There is fan based Sartosa setting for Mordheim that has been playtested by several groups that you may be able to leverage.

Additionally, it would be great if you can incorporate Dreadfleet to simulate big macro level naval battles.
Snotto
Posted: Mar 18 2012, 03:05 PM

Snotling

Member No.: 6,806

I'm a new member to this forum and Orcs & goblins in general. I was browsing the different threads on the forum and when I came across this I thought it looked great. Anyway, I was going to ask all concerned about how close you are to finishing this project and whether or not I can be of any assistance. yarr.gif

This post has been edited by Snotto on Mar 18 2012, 03:06 PM
Arrgberg
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 02:30 AM

Orc

Member No.: 4,722

Welcome aboard! I think the Kaptain's post from Dec. is the farthest its gotten.
Snotto
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 03:55 PM

Snotling

Member No.: 6,806

Thanks for your quick reply arrgberg. If there is anything I can do to help, just ask. yarr.gif
Kera Foehunter
Posted: Mar 25 2012, 09:54 AM

Pirate Queen
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,275

Sorry guys i had the big fat orc Kaptian tyed up for a while
durring the long winter. i forgot to feed him and he chewed off his hand and ecaped

If ya want i track him down and bring him back he a big sucker for free rum
matter of fact if ya want i'll track them all down

This post has been edited by Kera Foehunter on Mar 25 2012, 09:55 AM
« Next Oldest | Seahammer - Pirate Greenskins | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1102 seconds | Archive