InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 8th Conversion Competition: Rank and File Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 [5]  ( Go to first unread post )

Waaagh Zugribar, Strength to strength
Xellpher
Posted: Feb 21 2012, 09:59 AM

Goblin

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,074

Prefer the one on the left. Looks smoother to me. One small nitpick, don't forget the nails on their hands and feet.
Wazoo
Posted: Feb 21 2012, 11:39 PM

Big Boss

Member No.: 5,687

I much prefer the one on the left too!

Wazoo
enrgie
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 02:21 AM

Goblin

Member No.: 1,300

Here are a few more pictures of the two models side by side in daylight. I want to give both of them a good chance before I finally make the plunge and roll-out my models.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Let me know which you think is better.
Grotfood
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 06:26 AM

Snotling

Member No.: 6,754

They both look good in good lighting, the one on the left, but only by a small margin.

This post has been edited by Grotfood on Feb 22 2012, 06:26 AM
enrgie
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 06:39 AM

Goblin

QUOTE (Grotfood @ Feb 22 2012, 02:26 PM)
They both look good in good lighting, the one on the left, but only by a small margin.

Thanks Grotfood.

I am still debating with myself. I like them both equally!
enrgie
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 03:34 AM

Goblin

Another short update. Worked on these Savages after getting feedback from you all.

Kept to Level 1 for all models. Still have to highlight the skin with Knarloc Green followed by Goblin Green and Goblin Green+Dwarf Flesh

The bony bits are to be highlighted in Bleached Bone.

The leather straps are to be highlighted too.

The matt skin is a wash of Devlan Mud on Knarloc.

user posted image

user posted image

If you wanna see them in greater detail, you will find larger pictures at my blog: http://anythingbutones.blogspot.com/2012/0...e-orcs-wip.html

This post has been edited by enrgie on Mar 5 2012, 03:36 AM
Groznit Goregut
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 11:28 AM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 2,381

Nice blog! It's funny that the black orcs and Mangler is what I worked on this weekend and that's what I was just seeing in your blog. I did buy a Mangler Squig kit and have to say that it was quite impressive. No problems for me, either. I actually wanted one to be malformed so I can get a new kit and use the old one for a Giant Cave Squig. Too bad....

I also love the scab red bases. I use that, too! I think it tied the army in nice. It's almost like looking at someone else paint my army better! biggrin.gif
enrgie
Posted: Mar 6 2012, 07:59 AM

Goblin

QUOTE (Groznit Goregut @ Mar 5 2012, 07:28 PM)
Nice blog!  It's funny that the black orcs and Mangler is what I worked on this weekend and that's what I was just seeing in your blog.  I did buy a Mangler Squig kit and have to say that it was quite impressive.  No problems for me, either.  I actually wanted one to be malformed so I can get a new kit and use the old one for a Giant Cave Squig.  Too bad....

I also love the scab red bases.  I use that, too!  I think it tied the army in nice.  It's almost like looking at someone else paint my army better!  biggrin.gif

Thanks for the support! Do check back from time to time.

The base rims are actually painted using Dark Flesh instead of Scab Red. Reckon it's the lighting that caused them to look like Scab Red.

This post has been edited by enrgie on Apr 11 2012, 03:33 AM
enrgie
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 05:25 AM

Goblin

I haven't been very diligent updating the blog here primarily because I have been busy painting them.

Played 2 games last weekend and unfortunately been on the receiving end of punishment. Would certainly welcome any pointers you guys can offer. I still like the list I posted. Just maybe haven't quite figured out how the army works.

My battle reports - yes, 2 battle reports - can be found over at my blog. Don't wanna repost...too much work!

http://anythingbutones.blogspot.com/2012/0...ing-turn-1.html

There are some glaring errors but I would welcome any pointers some of you more experienced generals can share.
enrgie
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 03:09 AM

Goblin

Da Iron Shield Tribe

Black Orc Warboss -Armour of Destiny (4+ Ward, Heavy) -Basha's Axe of Stunty Bashin'
Having crossed into the Badlands to run away from his human captors, Zugribar Da Big has finally amassed a large enough army to call himself a Warlord. Zugribar plans to use this opportunity to kill as many hummies for revenge! As more and more Orcs and Goblins flock to his banner, he is in the Badlands marching out to attack the hummies who took him captive and tortured him. The first thing on his list is to secure a stronghold in the caverns of Mount Bloodhorn and the Undead are in da way.

Orc Big Boss -Armour of Fortune (5+ Ward) -BSB
Snaggla Pigstikka picked up bits and pieces of what was left of the Snarly Wolves Tribe when Warlord Zugribar beat them good and nailed them onto his old spear. The Boyz found it funny and it reminds them that “might is right”.

Savage Orc Great Shaman -Lucky Shrunken Head, Level 4 -Obsidian Trinket (MR1)
Kurly Burly loves bubbling pots and stewing goblins for fun. As a runt he took perverse joy in slowly cooking his prey with their own kin. Consuming them whole, Kurly then uses the bones to decorate his staff – a strange shrunken head imbedded into the staff. Some call it lucky.

Night Goblin Shaman -Dispel Scroll -Opal Amulet (one use, 4+ ward against 1st wound)
Gobbit Lipsmacka is twin to Snikit Hamstringer. Both were birth in the dark caves on the slopes of Dragonback mountains. Gobbit often spoke of a loud booming "voice" which just confused little old Snikit. Listening to these voices, Gobbit could "interpret" these signs and often shared it with Snikit. It was these voices that kept them alive through the nefarious caves of Night Goblinhood. Fear was a common emotion and one they both sought to conquer by the only way they knew how - to take over the Olde World. On one stinky day when the squigs were sporing, Gobbit received a vision while observing the stools of a Giant Cave Squig. It spoke of a brutish Orc simply called Zugribar. He was held by hummies in a camp just beyond the Badlands. Gobbit and Snikit put a plan around rescuing this matador of Orcs. This Orc would give them the victory they so need to take over the Olde World

Black Orcs x30 - Full Command - Banner of Eternal Flame
Known as Da Rusty Nails, these Black Orcs flocked to Warlord Zugribar Da Big's banner when he punched their Bosses' head off it's socket in a brawl. Not knowing when to back down, two of Da Rusty Nails strongest are selected as bodyguards to da Warlord.

Night Goblins x 35 +Standard +Musician +3 Fanatics +Nets

Orc Boys x 35 (Painted) -Full Command

Savage Big Uns x 29 -Full Command -Big Stabba

Mangler Squig x2

Doom Diver x2

Rock Lobba
Kersplat

This post has been edited by enrgie on Apr 5 2012, 03:15 AM
enrgie
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 06:15 AM

Goblin

Took the long weekend to play quite a number of games with the list I wrote above and got to take some pics of the army in it's current form.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

After playing a number of games, I have decided to change the army list quite a lot. I have started working on this new army list and will post it up shortly.
enrgie
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 10:18 AM

Goblin

I came up with a new army and have amended the original list to come up with a more flexible and harder list. Dropped the Black Orcs to bring on more Savages and man they pack a punch assuming you push them forward in the right direction.

Here is the said list without the fluff:

Savage Orc Warboss (General)
-Shield
-Sword of Antiheroes
-Glittering Scales
-Potion of Strength

Savage Orc Big Boss (Battle Standard)
-Armour of Silvered Steel
-Luckstone
-Great Weapon

Savage Orc Great Shaman (Level 4)
-Lucky Shruken Head
-Obsidian Trinket
-Fencer’s Blade

Night Goblin Shaman
-Dispel Scroll

Goblin Big Boss
-Light Armour
-Shield
-Spear

Savage Big Uns x27
-2nd choppa
-Standard, Champion, Musician

Savage Boyz x18
-2nd choppa
-Champion, Musician

Savage Boyz x18
-2nd choppa
-Champion, Musician

Night Goblins x49
-Spear, Shield
-Standard, Musician
-Netters
-Fanatic x1

Night Goblins x49
-Spear, Shield
-Standard, Musician
-Netters
-Fanatic x1

Mangler Squig x2
Goblin Wolf Chariot x1
Pump Wagon x1

Doom Diver x2
Rock Lobber x1

I will be using this list as my painting focus for the next coming months. I will be using this army as one of my 3 armies in our Badlands campaign too.
« Next Oldest | Army Blogs | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (5) « First ... 3 4 [5] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1144 seconds | Archive