zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (52) « First ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Watching Paint Dry - Wanting Comments For My Blog!, random stuff now
Groznit Goregut
Posted: Feb 19 2012, 11:27 PM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 2,381

@Captn Morgrim: Thanks! I have no idea what mini that is. I like it, though. It could be a cool bannerman for Lug's Lootahs.

I did go to a one day event yesterday. I brought a small unit of Night Goblins with the new unit filler. I didn't bring the gobbo with the legs and people missed him.

I WON BEST PAINTED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's my first time winning anything at an event. I'm pretty happy.....
Wazoo
Posted: Feb 19 2012, 11:40 PM

Big Boss

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,687

Congratulations!

Wazoo
Snikpik
Posted: Feb 20 2012, 07:50 AM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

QUOTE (Groznit Goregut @ Feb 19 2012, 11:27 PM)

I WON BEST PAINTED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yarr.gif yarr.gif yarr.gif
theorox
Posted: Feb 20 2012, 11:08 AM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

Well done man, congratulations on the win! biggrin.gif

Theo
Groznit Goregut
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 05:37 PM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

Started working on my Black Orcs. The regular unit needs to be rebased and touched up. I have 10 more to add from scratch. I primed them and based them and got silver on 2.

user posted image

*sigh*

I have 10 more SOBU that are still in the box.

I need to redo my Display Board. It sucks. I need to make a nice one. I saw some tweets from an event this weekend that had some good ones. Gave me some ideas. I might try to do something this weekend to get a new one. Have a board with a hill that takes up most of it. Glue on wooden shishkabob poles on the back side to make a palisade. Use my tower and Idol of Gork. Actually paint it to look like sand and base it some. If I feel like I want to, then make some Orc huts that I've been saving a Pringles tube for a few years for.

How many weeks away is the next GT???
Groznit Goregut
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 04:12 PM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

I got the rest of my BO with a first coat of silver on them. I just bathed them in chainmail with a crappy brush. I need to probably work on the basing now as that brown will get all over everything. Do that first and then fix the metal on the feet before I start the washes.

I also started to look at a new display board. I found a bit of mdf and some foam, but I think I want a bigger back piece for the raised area:

user posted image

I really need to stop and figure out what kind of list I want to bring to the Brawler Bash 5. I'm working on too many things right now and I don't know for sure what I am going to be bringing! Maybe no on the Black Orcs if I go with Lug's Lootah's for the painting score. I will also need to paint up that blasted spider if I am going to use the boss on gigantic bug. *sigh*......
Groznit Goregut
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 11:55 PM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

Oh, no....I'm feeling motivated. I feel a mad idea coming on.....

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Groznit Goregut
Posted: Feb 29 2012, 01:21 AM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

Another teaser...

user posted image

I don't think I'll get to work on more units, but I think I will make a kick-ass display board!
Thitanium Prince
Posted: Feb 29 2012, 06:47 PM

Capo Muso Duro

Member No.: 5,560

good luck on the display board, but pay attention to the raised areas, I experimented that often people tend to create artistically shaped hills and boards, forgetting the functionality of all :S
Groznit Goregut
Posted: Mar 3 2012, 03:26 PM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

Thanks T-Prince! I might not do much raised area as I have thought about that. I will make the fort and maybe put that on a small hill, but otherwise might just leave it all flat.

Well, I lost some momentum at the end of the week with some real life stuff popping up Battlefield 3 sucking some time away. I did get some work done on it this morning. Here's what I made so far:

Styrofoam cut to be a platform with attempts at hiding the wiring. I've also got a yogurt container that will work as the basin. There is a plastic cup that will work as a stand and splash guard.

user posted image

Roughly assembled. The small, curved piece of styro will be fastened to cover the wire. The wire will go under the big block and through a hole in the board. It comes apart, so it will only need to be a small hole, which is awesome. I've put it on the edge of the counter for now.

user posted image

It working, with my son throwing in bunny ears for good measure. I can tweak with how the guard sits to get more smoke or not and figure I will need to glue it in place once I'm ready.

user posted image

One thing is that the yogurt container's edge sticks up a bit. It might be covered by fog, but the only thing I can think of to hide it is to greenstuff the edge. That seems like a pain. Do you guys think it would make a big difference to not do it or to do it? I want to make it look as half assed as possible (even though I kind of am).

Oh.....one question. I am going to do the whole base in desert sand color. For the stone, how should I paint it? Brown, too? Or gray?
Groznit Goregut
Posted: Mar 4 2012, 03:20 AM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

I had a credit at Bitz Barn for a small amount. I bought a Black Orc body and legs. WarriorInTheDark gave me two arms that I was very happy to receive! Yara has an awesome blog that I happily stole the idea from. Since I got all the components today and Mrs. Goregut is out of town, I spent some time working on my minis!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Besides that, I think I might try to get this guy painted before Brawler Bash 5 (in April). He would be a good banner orc for my Lug's Loota's.

user posted image

EDIT: Fixed the middle picture.

This post has been edited by Groznit Goregut on Mar 4 2012, 06:08 PM
Cannibalbob
Posted: Mar 4 2012, 03:54 AM

Orc

Member No.: 3,721

Love the old Blood Axe Weirdboy model! He looks good as a standard bearer. I have one of those guys in a box or drawer someplace.
Thitanium Prince
Posted: Mar 4 2012, 11:29 AM

Capo Muso Duro

Member No.: 5,560

Great blorc ^^ where's that awesome head from? biggrin.gif
Groznit Goregut
Posted: Mar 4 2012, 02:44 PM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

Thanks guys!

The head is either from the warlord boxed set or from some 40k stuff that I traded for. If you don't recognize it, then it must be from the 40k stuff. So, I'm not really sure which bit it's from.

Argh....that side shot picture is blurry. I'll have to get a better one.

It was hard to get the body lying on the ground and the foot to fit into the arm. I think it came out good enough, though.
Overlord Fuzz
Posted: Mar 4 2012, 03:36 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 6,250

Darn you for stealing my smoke/fog display board idea that I hadn't at all realized and therefore have no right to claim. We're just going to have two armies of greenskins with those kinds of display boards in the North Carolina tournament circuit. smile.gif
« Next Oldest | Army Blogs | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (52) « First ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1306 seconds | Archive